[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The German Danmachi (Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?) OVA is listed to include English subs: AV-Visionen
The German edition of the series also included English subs, but not the Sentai-Dub.
With currently 14,99€ at Amazon.de it's a cheap option for those who don't need the Sentai-extras or don't have a region-free player - if Manga/Animatsu won't pick it up.

French releases never have English subtitles on them though, do they? I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general, probably not...

Exeptions are : Kazé (sometime), Universal and off course @anime France.
Others distributors/editor (Kana/BlackBox/Dybex) never include English Sub/dub.

Bubblegum Crisis is coming back to print on Blu-ray with a standard edition due this September. SRP is $39.98.

This release includes all 8 OVA episodes plus the music videos and color/line-art galleries across one Blu-ray disc.

DdV7fmYW4AAbq-Y.jpg

Crunchyroll x Funimation August 2018 release slate is now live.

The release slate features 14 new additions plus 12 re-releases. There's a lot.

Random note: My blogpost on the topic isn't fully completed yet. There's so much content out there that I wanted to get the main list sorted then deal with the rest of the info afterwards (stuff like extra feature specs, SRP specs etc.).

UPDATE #1: Crunchyroll titles specs have been updated. Black Clover is actually available normally (but has a Funi shop exclusive item) plus it's a 5 part release with 10 episodes per set.

UPDATE #2: Now fully completed. There was an error in listing with regards to High School DxD. It's actually Season 1 getting the Classics treatment, not Season 3.

Last edited:
DdV7fmYW4AAbq-Y.jpg

Crunchyroll x Funimation August 2018 release slate is now live.

The release slate features 14 new additions plus 12 re-releases. There's a lot.

Random note: My blogpost on the topic isn't fully completed yet. There's so much content out there that I wanted to get the main list sorted then deal with the rest of the info afterwards (stuff like extra feature specs, SRP specs etc.).

UPDATE #1: Crunchyroll titles specs have been updated. Black Clover is actually available normally (but has a Funi shop exclusive item) plus it's a 5 part release with 10 episodes per set.
The biggest shock for me is that the classic editions no longer look like s#it :O

The biggest shock for me is that the classic editions no longer look like s#it :O
How so?
The "Classics" part has gone to be quite a big stripe. They clearly also don't seem to have any Slips anymore, so the BD/DVD Combo stripe is even bigger to begin with and the Classics stripe doesn't make it any smaller.

Strong release slate for August, shame about the lack of Limited Edition's. Not surprised to see Gundam IBO Season 2 and Testament receive Limited Edition's. Gamers! and Seven Deadly Sins deserved LE releases IMO.

We will be buying....
18if

Classroom of the Elite
Gamers!
Knights & Magic
My Girlfriend is a Gal
The Seven Deadly Sins

The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST

Nothing else appeal's, but I may get Gundam IBO at some point.

How so?
The "Classics" part has gone to be quite a big stripe. They clearly also don't seem to have any Slips anymore, so the BD/DVD Combo stripe is even bigger to begin with and the Classics stripe doesn't make it any smaller.
But the spines look like normal releases now and here's hoping for some good reverse artwork.

I bought the IBO Season 1 Limited Edition only for the chipboard storage box - I put the chipboard box on my media shelf, I gave the model away, and I'm tossing the big empty outer box. I'll just be buying the two IBO Season 2 Standard Editions to fill the chipboard box. No need for any second over-sized LE outer box.

Only other titles for August of interest to me will be Tsuredere Children and Planetarian.

I bought the IBO Season 1 Limited Edition only for the chipboard storage box - I put the chipboard box on my media shelf, I gave the model away, and I'm tossing the big empty outer box. I'll just be buying the two IBO Season 2 Standard Editions to fill the chipboard box.
Will probably do the same, may even wait for the standard editions to come down in price a bit. I do like Gunpla but that “artbook” in the first LE was a joke (it was a standard DVD booklet - I expect this one to be exactly the same) so I’m gonna struggle to justify paying that price plus the hefty import fees.

Will probably do the same, may even wait for the standard editions to come down in price a bit. I do like Gunpla but that “artbook” in the first LE was a joke (it was a standard DVD booklet - I expect this one to be exactly the same) so I’m gonna struggle to justify paying that price plus the hefty import fees.

I just wouldn't wait too long - The storage box holds the 4 IBO Blu-ray cases with the slips over them, and Funi has been getting stingy with their slips lately, they don't seem to last very long before they start shipping without them anymore.

Wonder if the Part 2 LE will be just as quickly gone as the first. It was already gone when I thought of getting it for the chipbox.
But if the first one had a chipbox for 4 parts, then I guess there isn't anything interesting in that second LE either.

Wonder if the Part 2 LE will be just as quickly gone as the first. It was already gone when I thought of getting it for the chipbox.
But if the first one had a chipbox for 4 parts, then I guess there isn't anything interesting in that second LE either.
The model kit with it is worth about $50 as it would be classed the same as a P-Bandai release.

What is it about August each year that I have a ton of expenses.

Testament LE for sure, and probably time I picked up Escaflowne (I'd best check what UK versions are available there though)

Maybe 1 -2 of the others.

Back