[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Dfq4sytW0AAdiXy.jpg

Discotek Media's August 2018 release slate is now live.

The only title missing from their big batch of announcements is the Lupin the Third Gold Babylon film (Servakis noted that all of the titles announced were due end of Summer).

Funimations September 2018 release slate (taken from bluray.com):

9/04 NEW GAME! Season Two - BD/DVD Combo
9/04 High School DxD New The Series - Classic - BD
9/04 The Future Diary The Complete Series + OVA - Classic - BD
9/04 Bungo Stray Dogs Season Two - Blu-ray/DVD Combo
9/04 Death Parade Complete Series - Classic - BD
9/11 AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue: The Complete Series - BD
9/11 Yona of the Dawn The Complete Series - BD
9/11 ReLIFE Season One - Classic - BD
9/18 Gosick The Complete Series - BD
9/18 SERVAMP Season One - Essentials - BD
9/18 Alderamin on the Sky The Complete Series - Essentials - BD
9/18 Assassination Classroom Season Two - BD
9/18 Saga of Tanya the Evil The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
9/18 Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World - Season One Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
9/18 Twin Star Exorcists Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
9/25 Brave Witches The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
9/25 Gintama Series Three Part Two - BD/DVD Combo
9/25 WorldEnd: The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo
9/25 One Piece Collection 22 - DVD
9/25 SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist Complete Series - Essentials - BD
9/25 Tokyo Ghoul Season Two - Classic - BD

Glad I held off on Gosick and Yona, might pick up those complete sets. Kind of odd there's no LEs this month though.

Dissapointed at the lack of LE's, overall a decent slate but to many re-releases.

Just....
AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue
Brave Witches
New Game! Season 2
Re:ZERO part 2
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Twin Star Exorcist part 2
World's End

For myself. Nothing else appeal's to me.

SukaSuka, and New Game S2 for me from this slate if I get anything.

No LE for Tanya means I don't need to double dip since I own the JP BDs already.

New Game 2 and Re Zero pt2 for sure. Probably Brave Witches and maybe one or two of the re-releases. Shame the future Diary OVA is locked behind a full purchase of the series.

For me SukaSuka, New Game S2, Saga of Tanya the Evil and Brave Witches, but that last one just to keep my Witches collection complete.

For me I'll be getting Saga of Tanya the Evil and WorldEnd. Disappointed that both of them did not get the limited edition treatment but on the plus side I save some money at least given the currency rate has been getting worse lately.

43SvroF.gif

I do find it hilarious that both In Another World With My Smartphone and My First Girlfriend is a Gal are getting the treatment whereas the others aren't.

I hope everyone is just waiting for the UK release of Bungou Stay Dogs (Fingers crossed) like me, otherwise you all have terrible taste! :p That show is seriously overlooked on here for some reason.

Any idea when we can expect Re: Zero Part 2 in the UK?

I hope everyone is just waiting for the UK release of Bungou Stay Dogs (Fingers crossed) like me, otherwise you all have terrible taste! :p That show is seriously overlooked on here for some reason.

Any idea when we can expect Re: Zero Part 2 in the UK?
Hanners confirmed that they're already working on it as we speak. Andrew I believe mentioned that he wants it to be released as soon as the US so my guess is probably 24th September.

meh, I watched 3 episodes and dropped it, way too much stoopid comedy in it for me. I think it would have been pretty good otherwise.

I do find it hilarious that both In Another World With My Smartphone and My First Girlfriend is a Gal are getting the treatment whereas the others aren't.
I don't get what's funny. Smartphone and Gal are both considerably better than SukaSuka and slightly better than Tanya.

I don't get what's funny. Smartphone and Gal are both considerably better than SukaSuka and slightly better than Tanya.

You should become a comedian since that's the best joke I've heard in awhile. Tanya is great (beside some questionable character designs, and story arrangement), and SukaSuka while flawed was extremely emotional.

Way better than generic smartphone with a lifeless MC who just goes with the flow because he has no character development, and ero big titty gal anime.

Can we ban Jay for his appaling taste? Smartphone is awful and Gal has a genuine peodofile as a character. Bet that's not mentioned in the art book

Back