[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

GolFESC.gif

At least this release slate is early - Sentai Filmworks October 2018 line-up features 4 anime releases, 3 of which on Blu-ray that will all be dubbed!

Pretty lame box for Made in abyss...
There are beautiful illustrations for this show, especially the artworks for the Japan/German boxs, but Sentai used... this.
I hope MVM will not follow the same path.

Made in Abyss LE in a heartbeat for me. And The Seven Heavenly Virtues on my birthday, no that says nothing about me :) (and no i will not get this)

MVM will probably release a CE minus the tat and at a much more reasonable price. The SRP of that set is obscene especially for the contents.

Nope, I saw that crap-looking Sentai Premium Edition release for Made in Abyss and immediately bought both of the non-English-friendly JP Blu-ray Box sets. I'll just buy Sentai's standard releases when they're on sale cheap two years from now and put the discs in with the JP set. Maybe I'll get the MVM release if it looks nice, too...

Well might change to another release too for Made in Abyss, but will wait until i see some more pictures of how the set will look like.

I had been drooling over the Japanese box sets ever since they first came out, but I held off on them because I wanted to see what Sentai would do for it. When I saw that bland over-sized box, it was an easy decision. I import a lot of JP anime, but I don't buy too many non-English-friendly JP releases unless they are really special - Ancient Magus Bride and SBY 2202 are the only other ones I'm collecting so far, and I may also get the Violet Evergarden releases because that is my favorite series right now.

That's what i'm waiting for. Guess Sentai also changed tactics a bit, because if i'm not mistaken they used to post more artwork for the releases they announced.

But inside the box my be the JP art I don’t know why everyone is running around rn

Even so, if that box is over-sized, I don't really want the set, I hate all these super-sized releases. A G1-sized Box is the biggest I want for my collection. Maybe if it goes on major sale later on I would double dip, but mainly just for the book inside...

Even so, if that box is over-sized, I don't really want the set, I hate all these super-sized releases. A G1-sized Box is the biggest I want for my collection. Maybe if it goes on major sale later on I would double dip, but mainly just for the book inside...

The soft-cover booklet is probably just the same as the JP one which is character profiles, and like episode stuff. It isn't anything really that interesting.

Back