Negima

negikl3.jpg

this is the one i'm refering to

from ep 1 of Negima?! apparently it's his only clue to his dad

Well, in the tourney saga, she has mellowed out quite a bit...
While in the anime, she's definately got a bit of Kaname in her... How ironic. ¬_¬
I don't usually get too bothered on how people react.

Has anyone noticed that asuna has a diffrent personality in the anime than she does in the manga?

Is it me or is Asuna in the anime Asuna was more funnier. Asuna eyes were change in Negima!? the remake where both her eyes where blue.

shh227 said:
Has anyone noticed that asuna has a diffrent personality in the anime than she does in the manga?

Is it me or is Asuna in the anime Asuna was more funnier. Asuna eyes were change in Negima!? the remake where both her eyes where blue.

they change alot in Negima!? including Yue and Nodaka's hair

and no it's not been licenced yet

I have just started negima and I found it is an awesome series. I have just read a few of the books so I am saving my money to get the dvds of the anime.

MONONOKE said:
I have just started negima and I found it is an awesome series. I have just read a few of the books so I am saving my money to get the dvds of the anime.

just to warn u, the anime completely messes up the timeline of the manga (events in the manga appear at different times in the anime)

Ahhh... Volume 15 has been out for nearly a month now and I still haven't got a copy :(

Getting the Del Ray version is easy, but getting hold of the Tanoshimi copy is proving more dificult. Even after ordering a copy when they were (supposedly) in stock, I've been told it'll be 8th or 9th October before a copy will be available :cry:

Still, it means a shorter wait until vol 16 hits the shelves :)

Mr B said:
Ahhh... Volume 15 has been out for nearly a month now and I still haven't got a copy :(

Getting the Del Ray version is easy, but getting hold of the Tanoshimi copy is proving more dificult. Even after ordering a copy when they were (supposedly) in stock, I've been told it'll be 8th or 9th October before a copy will be available :cry:

Still, it means a shorter wait until vol 16 hits the shelves :)

Its seems PLAY.com do the Tanoshimi version of the manga. I too was delayed on getting it.

Hmm... I ordered & payed for it just after release (when Borders suppliers had it in stock). Two weeks later there was no sign of it, the manager at Borders guaranteed it would be in store on the 9th October - I'll be there at 9 o'clock waiting for them to unlock the door :)

Mr B said:
Hmm... I ordered & payed for it just after release (when Borders suppliers had it in stock). Two weeks later there was no sign of it, the manager at Borders guaranteed it would be in store on the 9th October - I'll be there at 9 o'clock waiting for them to unlock the door :)

lol I just got the Del Ray Edition. Its easier. Much easier. Plus i'm a freak for Negima so I can't wait for new volumes by Tanoshimi if Del Ray versions are avalible :p

Is there a difference between the two? I never really noticed I was getting two different types, only checked when I read a few posts up.

I haven't noticed any difference between the two, but for me Tanoshimi is far easier to get my hands on. I've only got one by Del ray, I think I got that one from Waterstones rather than from Forbidden Planet as I usually do.

I think it's by far his best series so far. The lack of progress, in Character development and relationships, in A.I. love you makes it hard for me to read past the 6th volume despite enjoying most of the humour. Similar can be said for Love Hina, which while it has a progressing storyline and the characters do develop their relationships it still feels like things are unnaturally holding them back, all for the sake of some cheap laughs.

Negima has so far not had any such problems, partly cause the main 'guy', Negi, isn't interested in the girls so he's not being shot down every few eps, rather he's being pulled down and hugged by the girls instead. :lol:
The main reason I like Negima best is the excellent character development, the usual humour minus the shonen denial and subsequent launch into orbit and the intricate background storyline that is for once completely unrelated to the main character's romantic progress with the local girls. (though due to the process of Pactio and his growing army of female support, this is up for discussion. :wink: )

I also like the interesting fact the main character is British and is one of the reasons I got a few of the anime DVDs despite my usually strict decision between getting the anime or the manga. Personally I much prefer the Manga, both for Negima and Love Hina. Though hearing Nodoka's sweet voice is still an area of weakness for me. :oops:

Sy said:
At first I was a bit warey because it seemed to mirror Love Hina a little too closely but after a while I didn't really care much. The series however... if it wasn't for the rugrats music then I might enjoy it.
I love the music, got it all loaded on my computer. It really cheers me up cause I can't not smile when I hear their perky little voices.

Golden Saphir said:
17. But I think only 12 have been released in the USA and UK.
Only 17? I hope that means so far... :cry:

Sy said:
How much longer can they stretch it out?

Dunno. I don't see it stopping any time soon.

Seeing as they just entered the magic world they've all been separated so its going to go at least until he's found all of the class and even then there’s quite a few loose ends to be tied up. I can easily see it going for another year. Maybe longer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back