Negima

I just got Vols 4-6 through the post today.

Freaking Awesome. :3 Only problem is my birthday coming up...Doesn't stop me buying the next batch after it though >3

Ninja Boy! said:
i can for one, say that if you loved Lone Hina and A.I. Love you (like me :) ) then without a doubt you will like this.

I haven't enjoyed Negima to date and I quite liked what I read of Hina and A.I. Love You ~ this is probably just me but I just didn't feel it compared with the other works due to how much more over-the-top it felt.

I don't really have a grudge against it and some of the characters I'm really quite fond of...but that's not so much because they're great characters but because they're great archetypes in a massive cast and you can read whatever you like into them.

I'm not entirely happy with the way Del Ray handled the 'translation' either, in fact a lot of the time it felt more like it was a 'localisation' for an American audience than an actual translation of the story...which, I guess it was. Therein lies the pros and cons of popularity. ^^

The anime is...a different kettle of fish. Ugh.

Half way through the first volume and saw the first episode of the anime on a new type dvd. The book has been good so far however Negi's voice in the anime scared both me and my girlfriend when we watched it! its really creepy

Guyver 0 said:
Half way through the first volume and saw the first episode of the anime on a new type dvd. The book has been good so far however Negi's voice in the anime scared both me and my girlfriend when we watched it! its really creepy

I think someone forgot to point out to the American lot the place in Negima manga vol 1 where he says he welsh and not a kid with a annoying put on english accent.

Upto Volume 11 of this in manga, its a good read so far but it is now settling into his long stretch where he covers 3 days of events at a festival over about 5 books roughly. WHich making Negima look like its going be one of Kens longest running series yet. Settling at about 20 odd books I reckon, since he wants to do it all the way till the girls graduated I heard.

Yeah imagine if he sounded welsh in the series...all the seriousness of him would be lost... i don't think america know what the welsh sound like

Guyver 0 said:
Yeah imagine if he sounded welsh in the series...all the seriousness of him would be lost... i don't think america know what the welsh sound like

From the fake English accent in Negima I`m having doubts they know what the English sound like.

Guyver 0 said:
agreed, i meant do we all sound like we're about to kill?

I suppose we should be grateful they didn`t go for a cockney accent, since majority of yanks think that we're all cockneys.

I've haven't read any of Ken Akamatsu's other work, but something about Nagima just said read me from the moment I took a peak inside vol 1 at my local Boarders. Just popped down there again to pick up vol 3, 4 & 5.

Only down side (manga in general) is it only takes me an hour to read through a volume, and I'm left wanting more :(

Just an update guys; I've finally gone and bought Negima for myself! I've purchased volumes one-to-three but haven't got around to reading them yet because I've been busy with my newly-purchased video games.

i got the first 2 of the negima manga's and i enjoyed them..planning to get the rest when i next get the chance. haven't seen the anime series though, i may take a look into it whenever i can

Waiting for Tanoshimi to get there **** in gear and publish vol's 8 & 9. They're due for release on 5 December at the moment after already being put back 1 month :(

I own volumes 1 to 13, tis my favourite manga series in this genre, i also love Ken Akumatsu's previous work, Love Hina, A.I. Love You etc...

Back