Negima

Nemphtis

Hunter
Searched for a topic but couldn't find one, hope this is the right topic to put this in. I saw the Negima manga at my local bookshop the other day and imagine my surprise when I found it was by Ken Akamatsu. Now I bet some of you are thinking "You're late, that's old news" which is probably true but I don't follow the anime/manga news scene much so this is all new to me. I really enjoyed the Love Hina and A.I Love You manga books, I also found the Love Hina anime series very amusing. Can anyone tell me if Negima lives up to Ken's previous books, and also I heard there is an anime series for Negima, is this true?

i can for one, say that if you loved Lone Hina and A.I. Love you (like me :) ) then without a doubt you will like this.
here is a brief synopsis. the main protagonist is a 9 year old kid......9!
and he is a magician. however in order to pass his exam, he has to teach english to a class abroad. (and obviously it turns out that its in an all girls high school in japan)
so he has to keep phis magic a secret from them, and also most of the students find him ''adorable''
and put the 2 together, and you get loads of comedy and fun. (well imo)
i have yet to read vols 5 & 6 (still sealed lol) but from all the volumes i ahve read i can say that it is very entertaining and also has that ken Akamatsu touch to it. good stuff.

Sounds funny, can't wait to buy it as soon as I find a new job and start racking up some money! So have you just read the manga? What about the anime series I’ve been hearing about, does it actually exist because I was really dying for an A.I Love You series and it never came out, but if Negima is animated that will slightly make up for my disappointment.

from my knowledge there is no A.I Love you anime series.
however there is an Negima anime series. and also Season 2 is comming out soon in the comming months. i have only watched a few episodes of Negima and it is quite good, kinda similar to Love hina anime style. The anime is good, but best watch an episode and see for yourself.
i'm keen on getting the DVD's of it, but not sure yet.

i have been reading the manga of Negima as soon as it released in the US. (after reading all of Love hina, i wanted more of Ken Akamatsu's stuff) so i started colelcting A.I. Love you, then Negima.

Negima is geting a UK release if you are interested in a month or two i think. by DEL RAY, but for the UK they are changing their name to TANOMASHI. soemthing like that.
hope this helped.

Yeah I know there is no AILY anime series, I was saying I was waiting for one but it never came out. But since Negima is coming out hopefully it will feel like an indirect sequel to Love Hina or at least something in those lines. Hehe.

At first I was a bit warey because it seemed to mirror Love Hina a little too closely but after a while I didn't really care much. The series however... if it wasn't for the rugrats music then I might enjoy it.

Rugrats music, eh? Maybe I'll try and find the OST somewhere first, see what that's all about. Either that or just check out the first episode and see if the series and the music is any good at the same time.

Nemphtis said:
Yeah I know there is no AILY anime series.

Get some money.

Get a train ticket.

Come up to Lincoln.

Because A.I. Love You does exist, and it's being sold in my local Ottakar's store. I've got the entire series.

Back to the original topic of Negima, I think it's actually called Mahou Sensei Negima. Unless that's just the Anime.

I would like to see the Manga. But don't know which town to go to find it.

So Golden let me get this straight; you're telling me that your local Ottakar's bookstore sells the entire A.I Love You animated TV series? Okay, either you did not read what we were talking about properly, or I have extremely poor English and was under the false impression that you are telling me to come to Lincoln to buy the animated TV series of A.I Love You from a bookstore. :D

Oh, and for the record I already have the entire A.I Love You manga. But yes back to the topic of Negima, I had no idea it was called Mahou Sensei Negima. I shall keep that in mind for future online searches since I had the same problem with She, The Ultimate Weapon because people used the Japanese name or something (Saikano I think) instead of the full western name. :(

Golden Saphir said:
Nemphtis said:

Get some money.

Get a train ticket.

Come up to Lincoln.

Because A.I. Love You does exist, and it's being sold in my local Ottakar's store. I've got the entire series.

Back to the original topic of Negima, I think it's actually called Mahou Sensei Negima. Unless that's just the Anime.

I would like to see the Manga. But don't know which town to go to find it.

all i have to say to that is...L...M...A...O
understand what you read before you post man
also you got it the other way round.
Manga is what you read, and Anime is what you watch.

Hehe yeah, when I see posts like that I feel as if nobody actually bothers reading what I type on here. I've ordered the first volume of the Negima manga, so I'll report back once it arrives and I give it a read! :D

understand what you read before you post man
also you got it the other way round.

This is the General MANGA Discussion, not the General ANIME Discussion. I did read. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a A.I. Love You Anime. If there is, please direct me to such an anime.

I was merely locating Nempthis to where they sold Manga of it. I've only just learnt that he had the Manga, yet am confused as to why he would request where to find Anime in a Manga section.

Manga is what you read, and Anime is what you watch.

*Stricken with the oblivious power of Captain Obvious*

this makes me laugh so much

Get some money.

Get a train ticket.

Come up to Lincoln.

This is the General MANGA Discussion, not the General ANIME Discussion. I did read. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a A.I. Love You Anime. If there is, please direct me to such an anime.

so you did read huh? you even quoted the bit saying that he was talking about the anime series

Yeah, I think you need to read the topics more carefully Golden. I don't want to pick on you about the mistake because maybe you don't have very good English or something so you didn't understand what I meant. But at least if you're going to try and be a smartass, read the facts first please.

Anyway, back on topic. Can somebody tell me how many volumes of Negima there are all together? I want to know how much money I'll be splashing out so I can make plans for it. I still need to save up for London Expo see.

Nemphtis said:
Yeah, I think you need to read the topics more carefully Golden. I don't want to pick on you about the mistake because maybe you don't have very good English or something so you didn't understand what I meant. But at least if you're going to try and be a smartass, read the facts first please.

Understanding problem.

Anyway, back on topic. Can somebody tell me how many volumes of Negima there are all together? I want to know how much money I'll be splashing out so I can make plans for it. I still need to save up for London Expo see.

17. But I think only 12 have been released in the USA and UK.

i read volumes 5 and 6 yesterday late last night (till around 3 am ! lol)
and i loved every bit of it. and i may end up ordering the next 2 manga volumes along with the anime tonight

Back