Naruto

lol Yeah, i guess the chakra is so under control that the shuriken rasengan is no danger to him now.

I wonder if, in his 9 tails form. He'll be able to heal really quickly or not. Considering the 9 tails was the reason he healed fairly quick before hand, in this new form he must heal almost instantly.

I'm looking forward to this Gaara vs his father fight, gold vs sand. Apart from that nothing much happened this week, it felt much shorter than previous weeks too for some reason.

I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery late to Naruto...

Only decided very recently I should watch it, even better is that after seeing half an episode at random my daughters interested so we're watching it from the beginning together (I know this is the Manga thread, coming to that in a moment). I've played the Rise of a Ninja game on XBox 360 (which is really rather good I might add) so know the early parts of his story anyway.

Decided to pick up the republished Volumes 1-2-3 in one book thats gone on sale recently (4-5-6 will be purchased at the end of the month if they arrive in the UK on schedule).

So, yeah, aside from Akira I've not read any Manga properly as its pretty expensive (as are comics really which is why I usually buy the one-off issues or the Graphic Novel/Trade Paperbacks, these Naruto ones kind of fit that bill I guess).

Buying Manga is a costly business, if you ask many anime/manga collectors most would say that they read scans online rather than actually pay for the volumes. Though this is more cost effective it doesn't actually help the industry itself. There are a few who stick to buying manga, they usually pick them up for about £3per volume online. Personally I took advantage of the 3 for 2 that waterstones do from time to time but since the local branch closed I’m yet to buy anymore manga.

Back on topic;

Its nice to see he’s finally got to the battlefield and kicking ass, the last page is a great cliff hanger but I’m unsure as to what outcome will come of the naruto vs raikage because he couldn’t beat A alone…. I think it’ll be Bee vs Raikage and Itachi vs sasuke just for madara to come into the fold (not before killing kabutorochimaru) and all hell to break loose.

One thing I’ve gotta say though…. Where the hell is kakashi  there’s a severe lack of him.

If you ask many anime/manga collectors, they would by default say that they buy their manga, too. If you ask a bunch of casual "what entertainment can I get for free" manga "fans", most of those people would say they read scans online instead.

D'accord. I only read Naruto online and I also buy the mangas as they come out. All of the other manga I've read is what I've bought. A lot of people seem to say that manga is expensive but I actually feel that I'm getting better value for money paying between £4-6 for a manga, than £20+ for a bare bones anime series.

I read the manga Of Naruto and Bleach everyweek, sometimes check out other titles which lead to me buying the anime version when it comes out.

Despite being a tightwad when it comes to the manga, i collect the anime of naruto without fail. (as for bleach, i bought the first 3 seasons as soon as they came out for £40 each, then collected the manga up until the vizards appeared and then stopped due to waterstones closing, so either way i reckon i've paid alot of money towards the cause)

You need to say what part your upto.... because by that post alone you seem to be weeks behind the current volume.

As for this week, what a bloody joke! Things don't add up - the Kyubi is meant to have almost limitless chakra yet naruto burst though it all?

He used sage mode in the past weeks so he was able to recover some chakra - when the kyubi gave naruto the chakra this week (which makes no sense as naruto had already stolen it months ago?!) he could have put all the clones into sage mode and taken in a load of chakra or done something meaningful, the last part just failed on the delivery - old man onoki has back pains and is comic relief for months then becomes a veteran hard ass? WHAT?!

Not impressed, that volume gave nothing, just a stop gap if anything. Things better have more focus and meaning next week or i'll be pissed about it. So much being left atm its unbelievable - Prediction for next week; onoki fights for 3-4 pages and dies atleast defeating the mummy guy, the hokage appears OR killer Bee.

No more info on what the plan is, who the fake madara is and what was stolen by the 1st hokage for atleast 2-3 weeks.

Tachi said:
You need to say what part your upto.... because by that post alone you seem to be weeks behind the current volume.

Well.. I not read naruto manga. I am prefer anime over manga. But i am annoy wait new episode on naruto what happened on war stuff and killer bee teach to naruto how control to 9 tail fox. I always read on Naruto Wiki.

Lawrence said:
Am I the only one who feels the latest arc is doing nothing for them?

Especially with all these asspull powers, especially that teleport ninjitsu.

I should probably stop reading but it's ending soon, so I hear...

Where you heard it Naruto will ending soon ?

I only want know who is tobi is and i will like see five kages fight to madara. I feel it will be biggest final battle between naruto and sasake vs tobi

Last edited by a moderator:
Its about bloody time, i'm glad to see the recent update :)

Only thing is, now that this has happened, i have a funny feeling that the story will now pan to the kage's fighting and ignore whats happened this week in an annoying ploy to keep the readers sucked in and waiting for the epic fight ahead.

So many asspulls...how the hell is Naruto supposed to realistically stand up against FIVE tailed beasts?!. Also, nice to see Talk no Jutsu finally worked on Kurama 9.9.

Well considering the nine tails is supposed to have near infinite amounts of chakra and by far the most amount of chakra compared to the rest of the tailed beasts It's hardly too unbelievable.

Those facts where given way back in the original anime and again in shippuden i believe. But what doesn't add up is that when naruto stole the chakra from the nine tails, he stole the majority of it..... so how the hell is the nine tails meant to give anymore? surely it'll kill him.

Tachi said:
Well considering the nine tails is supposed to have near infinite amounts of chakra and by far the most amount of chakra compared to the rest of the tailed beasts It's hardly too unbelievable.

Those facts where given way back in the original anime and again in shippuden i believe. But what doesn't add up is that when naruto stole the chakra from the nine tails, he stole the majority of it..... so how the hell is the nine tails meant to give anymore? surely it'll kill him.
Plotkai.

Sure, the 9-tails may be the strongest out of the others, but am I really supposed to believe that it's stronger than over half of the tailed beasts at once? To be fair though, the 8-tails is with it as well.

Also, I don't like how Kishimoto is making this war "Real time". Too many off-screen fights.

I can't wait next week how is nine tails fox and Naruto are work together. I believe nine tails is strongest tailed beasts because his chakra is massive and powerful.
I feel Kishimoto forget about five kages fight to fake madara and itchi will visit to kabuto. What happened to Sasake because he is enter to the battlefield.

Hmm, a funny idea just appeared in my mind.... who's to say that Naruto and Bee are the only giants against the other tailed beasts?

Who's to say that the 3 giant toads (can't remember names) that fought with naruto against PAIN cannot be called by naruto? It'll be interesting to see what happens. After all the main giant toad did infact fight the 1 tail back in the original series.

Some may moan about believability but this week for me was just.... action packed awesomeness, i really can't wait for this weeks manga to be made into an anime, that fight is getting really good.

Moan about believability? Don't mind if I do.

If Naruto and Kurama manage to counter a Biju Bomb from FOUR other tailed beasts...that'd be insane.

Back