Naruto

Heh, having just noticed some discussion on it elsewhere, I was just coming back to say that apparently One Piece did receive the same treatment, but again I can't imagine any other series that would sell on the level of those two. In fact, I wasn't even under the impression that OP sold as well as Naruto in the US, despite it's overwhelming dominance in Japan.

Paradox295 said:
How can they not expect sales/retailer support by release them when they released 5 volumes of Naruto a month last year and 5 volumes a month of One Piece this year :?
Let me put it to you this way, as far as whether that is something that would actually be taken into consideration:

Do you think they could sustain sales if those series continually cost people $40 a month?

ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:
How can they not expect sales/retailer support by release them when they released 5 volumes of Naruto a month last year and 5 volumes a month of One Piece this year :?
Let me put it to you this way, as far as whether that is something that would actually be taken into consideration:

Do you think they could sustain sales if those series continually cost people $40 a month?
But it's only £4 every 2 months to keep up with the Japanese releases :?

stuart-says-yes said:
Paradox295 said:
ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:

But at some point it will have to slow down again anyway
Yeah, of course when the Japanese releases go back to 3 months :wink:

So did anyone read the latest chapter?

Not sure about you, but Danzou's really started to impress me. I used to hate him but he's shown himself to be the first true NINJA since Zabuza!

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox295 said:
ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:

Well, at the current exchange rate it's more like £5.50, but either way I'm not sure what that has to do with Viz's releases.

Aye, I've read that. Little dissapointed there will be no romance between Shikamaru and Temari or any at all for him for that matter! It mentioned this year being Kakashi's year... well I'm curious about his father :D

As for saving Naruto's and Sasuke's fight being saved untill the end that's a bit of a dissapointment. That's just like ouright telling us any serious fight that get themselves in, no matter how high levelled the enemy, they'll win through plot-armour (Sasuke vs Danzou...)

It's a great series, but I wish it was less predictable ><
---

Also I just read the spoilers for tomorrow's Naruto chapter, Sasuke beats Danzo (obviously), BUT kills Karin in the process (take this part with a pinch of salt), we get a flashback of Danzo's past, apparently he and The 3rd Hokage were Rivals similar to Naruto and Sasuke at the beginning and that Danzo was always a step away. Then it mentions him dyign and turning into some sphere to peform some sealing jutsu to anyone near his body when he dies

I've just read Naruto 483, finally something that keep me at the edge of the seat!

I was actually surprised on the previous chapter, as Sasuke actually didn't care about Karin and simply killed her. To me that meant a lot. It semeed to me that Sasuke just crossed the line, reaching the point of no return, where there is simply no way for him to redeem himself, other than having a very emotional fight to the death with Naruto.

And now, in this week's chapter he surprised me once more by trying to kill Sakura.

My money would be on Sasuke fighting Kakashi while Sakura flee the scene with Karin and then Naruto gettting there right when Sasuke delivers the final blow to Kakashi.

Awesome fights ahead of us! And hopefullly, Naruto is back in shape and will keep me looking forward to the next chapter after this.

If only the Shippuuden was half as good as the manga...

This weeks chapter did actually keep me excited, I can't remember the last time a Naruto chapter done that! Honestly though, if Sasuke wins this, Naruto is complete ******** and Sasuke is 100% plot-armoured, from his last fight with Danzo, he should have no chakra and little to no vision left in his eyes

Got to say the last chapter (487) was great, it was great to see Kisame still alive and kabuto making an appearance

Dave said:
Got to say the last chapter (487) was great, it was great to see Kisame still alive and kabuto making an appearance
Kisame still alive was sort of a let down to me. Come on, he's a cool character, but it seems like it was done only to make Kisame's fans happy!!
On the other hand, I have high expectations on Kabuto. I demand a little back story on him though! why did he followed Orochimaru in the first place?

Kabuto's cool just because he dresses like a sith :D please Narto can u backslap Sakura for me, for going on the stupid suicide mission for sasuke. She's starting to annoy me now

chaos said:
Dave said:
Kisame still alive was sort of a let down to me. Come on, he's a cool character, but it seems like it was done only to make Kisame's fans happy!!
On the other hand, I have high expectations on Kabuto. I demand a little back story on him though! why did he followed Orochimaru in the first place?

I like certain amount of fair play in Shonen fighting, I could not stand how Bee & Raikage cowardly double teamed kisame. Fair enough kill kisame in one in one battle but thankfully not likely it original seemed with the double team.

ok, I see what you mean, this doesn't bother me at all, actually the little bit of unfairness was actually what I liked in that fight.

Double post:

I've just got myself up-to-date with Naruto and WTF...

Naruto's mum shows up and helps him control the Kyubi and she was a host as well?

Naruto manages to get all the Kyubi's chakra and imprison its will?

That was the best fight in the manga in quite a while.

I wonder how the figth between Naruto and Sasuke will be like, once Sasuke has Itachi's eye and Naruto has control over the Kyubi and Sage powers...

Ahh you might want to sort the spoiler tags out Chaos :p. This would all be easier if we didn't have to use them for every post here...

Apparently we see Sasuke's new Eternal Sharingan or what ever it's called next chapter

stuart-says-yes said:
speaking of eternal sharingans, remember how madara stole his brothers eyes. what if the obscured from sight casket contained is brother and thats why he was scared
Wasn't Madara defeated by the first hokage? Wouldn't it be easier if it simply were the first hokage?

It can't be the first Hokage, his "soul" was already sealed with that reaper Jutsu when Orochimaru first used it. Anyway... it isn't good for the story to hype up the existance of a character who's presence alone can scare the antogonist and not reveal who he is only for it to turn out to be someone we've already seen be used in the same way before. I don't think it's someone who could beat Madara, it doesn't have to be, just someone someone Madara had a mutual bond with, which would be his brother. I could be wrong of course but...

I'm 99% sure it definitely isn't The 1st Hokage, even if he were never sealed, it's far too anti-climactic

I'm about 70% sure it's his brother ;o

Back