Naruto

Great chapter, brought back some characters we cared about and left us with such a good ending!

I was wondering who would face Hanzo and Mifune, turns out they're against each other! I don't think the match up could be any better tbh, I just wonder how Mifune is going to fare against the ninja who defeated all 3 sannin at once. As for the others, I hope Kimmimaro doesn't just get chucked aside, he's one of the cooler villains from part 1. Dan's ghost-something technique sounds interesting too

Last edited by a moderator:
Tachi- said:
i don't think things will get as bad as bleach, there's not many shows that i've dropped because they went from really good to crap and dragged the crap along for 20 chapters.
(mainly because i'm picky about what shows i'll even bother with)

Yeah it might not matter... but still, atleast have a plan that looks capable of such feats. otherwise the believability goes out the window (yeah i can believe in ninjas with jutsu that alows them to transform or breath fire or summon dimensions using only their eyes.... but come on... first hint of a bad strategy from a nara and i'm not believing any of it)

i think the best is yet to come, wouldn't have stopped it back in the pain arc personally.

At least with Bleach with it having so little dialog in those chapters it was not a chore read. With Naruto I could not actually be bother to actual read it now and just simply now skim through the chapters. At least we will probable see Naruto vs Jiraiya at some point, which would be quite emotion fight & final good bye for the two of them

Neferpitou said:
At least we will probable see Naruto vs Jiraiya at some point, which would be quite emotion fight & final good bye for the two of them
I can tell you haven't been reading the Dialogue, Kabutomaru said that wouldn't be possible to bring Jiraiya back due to lack of DNA and that his body was too deep in the sea to retrieve :p

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Neferpitou said:
At least we will probable see Naruto vs Jiraiya at some point, which would be quite emotion fight & final good bye for the two of them
I can tell you haven't been reading the Dialogue, Kabutomaru said that wouldn't be possible to bring Jiraiya back due to lack of DNA and that his body was too deep in the sea to retrieve :p
Well I was actually paying more attention to Naruto back then. But you can't expect many people to remember every little details from 11 week old chapters. Even with what was said, I still think it will still happen as it would be too much of miss opportunity not do it.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Yeeeeeeeeeah you're way too defensive about all this

Not really that defensive, just silly expect to remember one line of dialog from something read 11 weeks ago and that I began to started lose interest in reading.

Anyway looking at the chapter again, Kabutomaru never said out right he couldn't resurrect Jiraiya. Only that he was currently unable to get the DNA required to do so. If he able to bring back warriors which decades ago, resurrecting Jiraiya is still possibility.

Also Kabutomaru maybe lying in the first place, so that he still has some cards up his sleeve to play in future.

That's virtually the same thing though. He could only ressurect those long dead warriors because he had the DNA for it, go figure. If he can't get the DNA which is essential to ressurect him, then he can't ressurect him right?

Although we still need to know more about how he managed to get a hold of Nagato's DNA, maybe a few other people, but it's clear Orochimaru knew much more on Akatsuki than he let on, so maybe he had access to that...

Well in any case, I really don't see what he said to be a lie and that he's been holding a crucial ninja he could use for the war just for Naruto, when he planned on capturing him with just himself and Deidara. I would like him to, he was one of my favourite characters (and had such cool jutsu!) but I simply don't think Kabutomaru can do it. He's definitely being sneaky and has said he has an ace ready for Madara although I think that's more to do with the body we were never shown that shocked Madara so much (which I think is his brother btw)

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
That's virtually the same thing though. He could only ressurect those long dead warriors because he had the DNA for it, go figure. If he can't get the DNA which is essential to ressurect him, then he can't ressurect him right?

There is a difference as some ninja can't be brought back full stop because they where consumed by Death God. That doesn't effect Jiraiya, so as long a DNA sample is found in future he can be resurrected even if Kabutomaru telling the truth.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:

Well in any case, I really don't see what he said to be a lie and that he's been holding a crucial ninja he could use for the war just for Naruto, when he planned on capturing him with just himself and Deidara. I would like him to, he was one of my favourite characters (and had such cool jutsu!) but I simply don't think Kabutomaru can do it. He's definitely being sneaky and has said he has an ace ready for Madara although I think that's more to do with the body we were never shown that shocked Madara so much (which I think is his brother btw)

Maybe he did have Jiraiya but saw little point actually summoning him until he was presences of Naruto. The sudden shock of seeing Jiraiya would lead to an opening to capturing Naruto. Shonen Manga are all about sudden shock appearance and twist so it would be best to save him for later.

Kabutomaru doesn't really care about the war and only really assisting Madara to get Sasuke. It's alliance of convince with either side having different goals and very willing to double cross each at moment notice.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I think the hidden ninja in the coffin was the sage of the six paths, but thats just my guess
Also, Bringing back Jiraiya, as nice as it would be to see Jiraiya again, would be pointless, after all, Jiraiya's death was a high point in the story, it rapped up his time in the story well, and set the scene for Naruto surpassing him, the only thing we could get out of Jiraiya coming back would be to prove that Naruto has surpassed him, though we already know that because he was able to not only perfect sage mode, but also kill Pain, which Jiraiya was unable to do

Well it's not that simply to categorically say Naruto has surpassed Jiraiya yet. As Pain did admit after the fight with Jiraiya, If he had known from the start about his six bodies, Jiraiya would probably won. Also Naruto had a lot of help from Leaf Village and more information on Pain as well because of the returning toads. Naruto also actual at one point nearly lost to Pain in that fight and only got out of it by going berserk in six-tailed form. Which nearly lead to Naruto downfall and was only saved by his father.

You would also get a chance for them to say a true goodbye to each other which they never had to chance to do before.

Finally it will show that he truly committed to his vow of fight Sasuke to the death. As destroying his former mentor would be good way to show his commitment to cause in this war.

At last after the quite dull chapters with character we never heard of, the series is back on track. I wonder when Choji said "I'm ending this battle" in the previous chapter was he referring to picking up Naruto. Probably not, but it would be nice if it happened

Hey Nef, have you read this weeks?

Its a nice turn of events but i have this feeling its going to draw out the whole "naruto and killer bee on their way" for another 2-3 weeks.

Naruto seem to be heading to a possible conclusion a lot quick than I expected, tachi.

There going to be an all out melee between all the powerhouse it seem in the Manga very shorty. I would actual wouldn't mind that, as it means they are not dragging the story a lot more than needed.

Neferpitou said:
Maybe he did have Jiraiya but saw little point actually summoning him until he was presences of Naruto. The sudden shock of seeing Jiraiya would lead to an opening to capturing Naruto. Shonen Manga are all about sudden shock appearance and twist so it would be best to save him for later.

Kabutomaru doesn't really care about the war and only really assisting Madara to get Sasuke. It's alliance of convince with either side having different goals and very willing to double cross each at moment notice.

Insanely late reply, but I might as well :D

That still doesn't answer why he didn't just summon him from the get-go when first going to capture Naruto. I don't think he would hold back such a powerful ninja simply to create a LAST MINUTE opening and waiting later on in the war anyway.

While he's holding back a lot of things from Madara, I don't think he's blatently lying to Madara and is lying when saying summoning Jiraiya is impossible. It wouldn't really benefit him to lie and risk loosing his goal

We had some nice closure when it came to Jiraiya's death. While we had something similar with Asuma and the other characters, it weren't the same with Jiraiya. He died were he was finally happy and it fit well with his character.

As for shock factor, we already have enough of that:
- We STILL don't know about the technique Jiraiya taught Naruto
- We don't know who was in Kabutomaru's final casket
- We haven't seen Madara's left eye (although I think it's closed due to Izanagi)
- We don't know what Kabutomaru's "ace" even is

The list goes on and on

It never too late for reply :D

He never got anywhere close to Naruto remember, as Kabutomaru faced a wall of defenders which made it impossible to even reach Naruto. Otherwise If he could reach Naruto why didn't he try to capture Naruto then and there?

He never said it was impossible to resurrect Jiraiya, just that he lacked the necessary materials to do so, which is a big difference. He even joked about Pein weapons may have DNA traces required.

Just because the body sank in the water doesn't mean it can never be recovered just currently very difficult to do so. With whats possible in the world of Naruto retrieving a body underwater doesn't seem that much of an giant leap of believability.

Honestly I think Madara needs Kabutomaru help more. Kabutomaru could simply just not bother helping Madara and just wait for Sasuke to appear and try to capture him then. It would be hard for Madara to protect against ninja group alliance while stopping Kabutomaru and his full force of summons from getting Sasuke.

I couldn't imagine Kabutomaru is even thinking that Madara is ever going uphold his end of the bargain. He probably only helping Madara to see the working of his plan are and what chinks are available to exploit for his later goals.

Jiraiya never had a chance to say a real goodbye though to Naruto. With Naruto having similar experiences with his long gone Father/Mother appearances, I can see a trend somewhat appearing.

With every chapter aiming for cliffhanger so you won't dare miss the next chapter. Every possible shock, twist, etc will be exploited to the fullest.

Anyway we will see what really happens in the upcoming months. :D

Read this weeks and yeah the talk was good, for a moment i thought we where going to see a partnership.... but it seems naruto just released to enforce further bonds.

I did say that i can see this "naruto joining the fight" dragging itself for 2-3 weeks. and sure enough this weeks was a flashback. Its getting abit boring being able to predict these things happening, though there's more to talk about.

I think killer will at some stage end up having to fight to protect naruto because he's using chakra at a rate to get there soon.

Anyway, a "inbetweener" episode just reassuring things that we already knew (that naruto has matured) so possibly another 1 or 2 "inbetweeners" till they get to the main fights.

or thats atleast my theory on the matter.

(not spoilered as i haven't wrote anything that could spoil things for people who aren't upto date)

Neferpitou said:
He never got anywhere close to Naruto remember, as Kabutomaru faced a wall of defenders which made it impossible to even reach Naruto. Otherwise If he could reach Naruto why didn't he try to capture Naruto then and there

Don't understand this bit sorry, it sounds like you're arguing for me :p, if he had Jiraiya, wouldn't it have been a good time to summon him then? I'm sure with Jiraiya on his side, wouldn't have had a problem getting to Naruto anyway

He never said it was impossible to resurrect Jiraiya, just that he lacked the necessary materials to do so, which is a big difference. He even joked about Pein weapons may have DNA traces required.

I reread this bit in the manga, but as you said, he says it as a joke. To me it says "... Well it might have been possible if Pain and Danzo were still alive, you know, the ninja who were killed pretty much because of you"

Just because the body sank in the water doesn't mean it can never be recovered just currently very difficult to do so. With whats possible in the world of Naruto retrieving a body underwater doesn't seem that much of an giant leap of believability.

I would usually agree, since this is NARUTO we're talking about, but Kabuto said it's in the deepest levels of the sea, which sealed it for me. He's one of the least trustworther characters in the series, but I don't think he's lying since I think there isn't much at all to gain

I couldn't imagine Kabutomaru is even thinking that Madara is ever going uphold his end of the bargain. He probably only helping Madara to see the working of his plan are and what chinks are available to exploit for his later goals.

Yeah, same, I don't think he'll let Madara go too many stages into his plan either. I'm sure once Madara's plan is activated, everyone, including Kabutomaru would be hypnotised, and he knows that

Jiraiya never had a chance to say a real goodbye though to Naruto. With Naruto having similar experiences with his long gone Father/Mother appearances, I can see a trend somewhat appearing.

It was a bit different with his parents as he knew literally nothing about them, their names, their faces or their pasts and why the Fox was implanted in Naruto to begin with and needed an explanation. With Jiraiya, there's nothing more for him to say, other than his good byes to Naruto. I think in some way (not unlike how he met his dad and mum) he'll definitely see Jiraiya again, where he can tell him how proud he is as a master and how Naruto's truly become a man etc, but only after the war is all over and not as a zombie through Edo Tensei like Asuma did, for one, it'd be way too repetitive

I will only argue with one point as everything else just speculation of what we think going to happen and it can go either way.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Neferpitou said:
He never got anywhere close to Naruto remember, as Kabutomaru faced a wall of defenders which made it impossible to even reach Naruto. Otherwise If he could reach Naruto why didn't he try to capture Naruto then and there

Don't understand this bit sorry, it sounds like you're arguing for me :p, if he had Jiraiya, wouldn't it have been a good time to summon him then? I'm sure with Jiraiya on his side, wouldn't have had a problem getting to Naruto anyway

Kabutomaru was not even able to get even get anywhere close to Naruto to use Jiraiya. If he used Jiraiya before reaching Naruto, the defend teams would know the possible affect it could have on Naruto and would constraint on taking out Jiraiya first. To use Jiraiya to his full effect for his plan and impact on the story it has to be in eye shot of Naruto.

He may also not had him available to summon at that point but through Madara he now able to summon him.

Kabutomaru had plenty of other ninja summon which are on par and maybe better than Jiraiya to call up at that capture attempt. You could argue Kabutomaru never even intend to capture Naruto, just to capture someone which would have been useful to Madara to seal their pact.

Anyway as I said before it just speculation of what we think going to happen and it can still go either way.

Finally!

Im not sure why the other jinchuriki are the next "pain" and why the hell Itachi and the real Pain are on the "playing field" Itachi's eyes by rights are in sasuke and pains where taken by madara. So where they had powerful eyes before, they haven't now. I don't really see a point in bringing them back personally, i've got this feeling that sasuke's going to be thrown onto the battlefield soon. Jiraiya is a possibility your both right, but not this early on for naruto.

Plus...yellow flash? Things are teasing so badly :p i want to see a madara vs naruto dimensional fight :D But even with the nine tails chakra i'm still thinking "shikimarus dad just said to have naruto shadowclone in ninetails form to combat the white zetsu' he'll run out of chakra fairly quickly.

Fully expecting a final form higher than his chakra form. Either mastering the ninetails OR somehow combining his sage powers to draw in natural chakra and his ninetails form to somehow overload himself with chakra and reach another higher form.

Either way, it looks like the wars about to start up again in the next 2 weeks :D

Some action this week, alot of justu we haven't seen before and some old favourites remade into more powerful attacks.

Can't wait for next weeks :)

The Mini raisenshuriken thing was pretty cool, and I'm liking his use of the Nine Tails chakra! All in all, a pretty good chapter and I'm glad Madara's now on the prowl. I hope Kabuto comes into it some more later aswell, as opposed to just fueling the army

Back