Naruto

Well, the only thing I'm sure is that the Naruto manga finally came back to be awesome.
I usually get my manga every week and the last one I read is the one I'm most looking forward to. And Naruto passed HxH and is still right behind OP.

chaos said:
Well, the only thing I'm sure is that the Naruto manga finally came back to be awesome.
I usually get my manga every week and the last one I read is the one I'm most looking forward to. And Naruto passed HxH and is still right behind OP.

I thought Naruto vol 47 was one of the best in the series:

The Naruto vs Pain fight gets really intense and the way Naturo starts to transform when Hinata is struck down, I think he gets up to 7-8 tails he creates this big massive boulder, I really hope this keeps up in future volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see Naruto call the 9 tails out, like killerbee does. that would be awesome in a fight.

To say that the sharingan could potentially control a tailed beast (like the 9 tails for instance) and the sage mode can overpower the 9 tails.....why bother obtaining his chakra at all?

Well no one has posted since the latest installment so spoiler tags at the ready.

Well it's pretty ******* cool at the minute. A lot more is being explained about the whole genesis of the series and I'm especially looking forward to next issue when the backstory will be told further. With Itachi holding Sasuke at the end.

As chaos said earlier the naruto manga is back on it's feet. After the 5 summit meeting everything went a bit crazy for a while with all sorts of crazy and stupid **** happening that didn't make much sense (yes I'm talking about that random samurai dude with a bear and the kisame fight) and a lot of new characters and plot points weren't explained or seemed a bit pointless. I love naruto but for me that period of a month was a bit weird. But I'm glad everything's back on track.

As for theories I'm not sure. Naruto is now pretty much unstoppable in my view. Especially if him and Killer Bee were teamed up in a fight together. I can't wait for next week's issue!

Right, as this thread shouldn't be let standing for too long...i'll pose the question

Who's uptodate and how are you finding it? Theories of whats going to happen next?

I have just read the very latest chapter 516 and here's what I'm thinking!

Jesus this is really exciting. This is perhaps the most exciting period in the manga, for a long while and I am loving it to the nth degree. It is epic, pumped up and there is going to be action spilling out at everyside. Everything's being tied up, we know mostly who's planning what. Who's allied with who and what is going to happen.

The whole army is insane and I can't believe we have all the army being lead by Garra. It's also great to see that older characters haven't been forgotten and I wonder what the battles will be like. I wonder if Shikamaru will have to face Asuma or Naruto against Zabuza and Haku.

A friend of mine came up with an interesting idea. How many shadow clones can Naruto make with his new found chakra. Could he make enough to take on the whole army?

I don't know but is anyone as excited as me at the moment? This is truly epic!

The new Naruto OVA was cool (URL REMOVED), I wouldn't mind seeing the manga go this way at all (The song being by Aqua Timez is a bonus)! Bit spoilerific though, don't watch unless you're up to date

Stuart-says-yes said:
Read this weeks chapter, best chapter since lee vs gaara, easily.
I enjoyed having more zabuza and haku

Indeedy, I can't wait to see it animated. Although despite them being some of my favourite characters in Naruto altogether, I'm more interested in the "Seven swordsmen of the mist" and the other killer ninja pawns Kabutomaru's got

"makes me want to go and rewatch naruto right from the start again"

Wibble. I think just watching from the start of the chuunin exam (which, looking back on it, is actually way earlier than I generally think) up through episode 135 would be more than enough. Perhaps way more than enough. In fact, just watching eps 48-50 and 132-134 might be all you need to scratch that itch. Perhaps start that last run at ep 123, actually, because drunken master Rock Lee is too sick.

Those fights were *nearly* good, but it's pointless setting up scenes like that in series like Naruto, because you know you have to "wimp out" on the conclusion.

maybe we should rename the series to JNSF Shippuden (Joint Ninja Strike Force) seeing Naruto's done jack all for about 20 chapters :D

Ryo Chan said:
maybe we should rename the series to JNSF Shippuden (Joint Ninja Strike Force) seeing Naruto's done jack all for about 20 chapters :D

lol true,

as i've said elsewhere on the forums, this weeks was a lapse, not much really happened and it was just building tension. Hopefully the war kicks off properly soon.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Oh shi- this weeks Naruto chapter 526 Zombie Kimmimaru and Hanzo vs Kankuro, man he's ****, I mean, Kimmimaru was already almost unkillable, but now he's a zombie ninja

Hanzou better not let me down considering he was made out to be one of the strongest ninja to have ever existed. And I'm happy to see Kimmimaru again, I wonder how he feels about being controlled by Kabutomaru

Jayme said:
You don't like that bridge storyline with the guy with the big sword and mirrors? I thought it showed what Naruto (the story) was capable of, when absolutely necessary.

First arc was the best arc :D

I don't think there's ever been a shounen fighting series where the first arc is the best arc. Maybe some short ones that only ran for one arc.

Wow, those two where short lived….. have to say, there has been a lot better battles in naruto, that one sort of let it down abit. Still hoping the kages fight starts up soon.

I knew the battle was going to pan out the way it did as soon as ino-shika-cho came out, not going to gripe about it though, still on tender hooks waiting for the next chapter.

Just wish the anime (dub) would catch up sooner, want to see this animated!!!

Stuart-says-yes said:
This week really did feel like quite an ass-pull to say the least, Lol, have better than sealing gours, gourd, instant teleportation, easy win....
What was the point in even introducing new characters

Haha i agree, it did seem abit poor to say the least. I was looking forward to another shikimaru special. Where he calculates this that and the other but still keeps a surprise that leads in a victory (just look back at all of shikimarus fights, all well planned and thought out battle techniques)

Tbf the nara army “plan” seemed really poor. Anyone with an ounce of strategy wouldn’t have a line of men in a river shape through the length of the divisions. Should have used a block formation for the front, aerial attacks behind the front line and ambush divisions based on the outsides. So it looks like a huge horseshoe, everything that comes into the horseshoe will be in the “dead zone”

But anyway, I expected more from darui…. I mean, he went on about his thunder attack… nothing happened ¬__¬ but the reason both of them where introduced was to A, add numbers so the past few volumes where they’ve been introducing loads of opponents, they where just there to increase tension and hype. When the remaining one went into his rage and let loose the power of the nine tails… and naruto felt it. I was expecting naruto to come bounding onto the war and both him and the 8 tails start to shake things up.

i don't think things will get as bad as bleach, there's not many shows that i've dropped because they went from really good to crap and dragged the crap along for 20 chapters.
(mainly because i'm picky about what shows i'll even bother with)

Yeah it might not matter... but still, atleast have a plan that looks capable of such feats. otherwise the believability goes out the window (yeah i can believe in ninjas with jutsu that alows them to transform or breath fire or summon dimensions using only their eyes.... but come on... first hint of a bad strategy from a nara and i'm not believing any of it)

i think the best is yet to come, wouldn't have stopped it back in the pain arc personally.

Its kicked itself back into the thick of things :) seems the main fights are beginning to start up properly.

I wonder how the Kakazu fight turns out. he was one tough guy to take down the first time.

Back