Naruto coming to the UK?

Paul said:
This whole thing sounds really promising. I just hope Jetix won't be making further cuts to the already edited for TV version. Though given what Rapture can get away with at 8pm, I think we should be safe.

What has Rapture been able to show at 8pm

GrantM said:
Paul said:
This whole thing sounds really promising. I just hope Jetix won't be making further cuts to the already edited for TV version. Though given what Rapture can get away with at 8pm, I think we should be safe.

They show unedited Fullmetal Alchemist at 8pm on Sundays. Naruto and FMA are on a level pegging when it comes to physical violence, though FMA gets a few shades darker with an implied rape later in the series.

Paul said:
GrantM said:
Paul said:

They show unedited Fullmetal Alchemist at 8pm on Sundays. Naruto and FMA are on a level pegging when it comes to physical violence, though FMA gets a few shades darker with an implied rape later in the series.

o_0

What the-- there's no rape in FMA. If so please tell me where in spoilers. Yeah, Naruto will be edited, but it'll be cool to actually watch something decent on Jetix after Hyper Team Monkey something whatever.

BabyDaddy said:
Paul said:
GrantM said:
Paul said:

o_0

What the-- there's no rape in FMA. If so please tell me where in spoilers. Yeah, Naruto will be edited, but it'll be cool to actually watch something decent on Jetix after Hyper Team Monkey something whatever.

Off-topic spoiler for FMA: Rose is raped (and hence made pregnant) by a group of soldiers in the ensuing revolution caused by Ed removing the king of that country. That's why when she returns later in the series, she is so depressed and almost completely covered in a blanket- she is afraid of it ever happening again so covers her body in fear. Look out for Ed's horrified reaction when he is reunited with Rose, he realizes that despite trying to do the good thing, her trauma was basically all his fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
my dream has finally come true...........

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Naruto will be a big hit here. Last time i was in the US, my friends couldnt stop talking Naruto. Then i went to visit my old school, and I saw all these kids pretending to be ninja and stuff.

So why wouldnt it be a big hit here? :D

Fullmetal Shorty said:
Manga should stick around for Blu-Ray Discs lol, 50 episodes per disc? :D

Nice thought, i've often wondered what companies are going to do with Blu-Ray. But in all fairness a disk with that amount on episodes on is going to cost a LOT. They could fit a whole season of Lost onto 1 disk lol, buy the disk for £150 maybe. Somehow that doesn't seem realistic... i would rather have a nice box to keep disks in rather than have 1 disk for an entire series. Still it'll be nice to see what happens with the Blu-Ray revolution, or if not an HD-DVD revolution... My vote goes for BR :D

Wow... how off-topic can one get : D

Back