Naruto coming to the UK?

they did finish it, i've seen every ep of it, subbed and dubbed it just has an open ending where it shows the destiny star comming and getting ready for another fight which is where the planned movie would of come in before it was scrapped

Mohawk52 said:
I hope they get the whole series, not like they did with Shaman King never finishing it but repeating it from some where in the middle.

They did finish it! I saw the last episode! And btw the manga continues from the anime if anyone didn't know that already :D

Ryo Chan said:
they did finish it, i've seen every ep of it, subbed and dubbed it just has an open ending where it shows the destiny star comming and getting ready for another fight which is where the planned movie would of come in before it was scrapped
Well I got so fed up with Fox Kids, then Jetix repeating the show from the beginning several times with out finishing it that I lost interest. The last one was when they were battleing in the Adobe village, and every time I would check on it after a few weeks it was only the repeats again. So for me they didn't finish it. If you saw other wise kudos for hanging in there with so much dedication.

Paul said:
Actually, Naruto is the one of the best "mainstream" series to come out for a while now, certain arcs are outstanding and the action animation is bound to hook people too, it has the best martial arts choreography this side of Cowboy Bebop: Pierre Le Fou. It should be the wake up call people over here need.

You got that right Paul. I think there should be more Naruto Supporters than Naruto doubters people :D

There is confirmation in this month's Neo magazine that Manga Entertainment have indeed acquired Naruto for release on DVD. Gollancz will also begin distribution of the Naruto manga as well as Jetix airing the show on TV starting on the 22nd July.

Every day at 6:30PM and 9:00PM apparently.

--edit

Reading on in the article a little ways and there is a sneaky little rumour in there that they may also be planning on screening the Japanese dub as well as the English dub. This is in no way confirmed but it would be cool if they did :D.

Gawyn said:
There is confirmation in this month's Neo magazine that Manga Entertainment have indeed acquired Naruto for release on DVD.
Any hint in there of when Manga will make a start on the DVDs? I know we'll find out all in due time, but I wanted to ask anyway! :twisted:

Manga "hope to have the first DVD out before Christmas". That's about as far as the comment from Manga goes. No particular details about whether they will be releasing it dual language but the fact that they rackon that their release of Naruto will "rock" would probably suggest they will.

Gawyn said:
Manga "hope to have the first DVD out before Christmas". That's about as far as the comment from Manga goes. No particular details about whether they will be releasing it dual language but the fact that they rackon that their release of Naruto will "rock" would probably suggest they will.
Nice, thanks! Looking forward to the Expo where everyone can badger them about it! :twisted:

Ushio said:
Gawyn said:
Nice, thanks! Looking forward to the Expo where everyone can badger them about it! :twisted:

But the question is will they answer lol

This whole thing sounds really promising. I just hope Jetix won't be making further cuts to the already edited for TV version. Though given what Rapture can get away with at 8pm, I think we should be safe.

Also, I'm crossing my fingers Manga will be releasing around 5 eps per DVD. They usually author all of their own material and provided Viz don't dictate to them how the release should flow, we could be in for a better deal than America here :)

Finally, nice to see Gollancz jumping on the bandwagon.

How long until we can find Naruto head bands at Tesco and Asda?

If they put it on at 9, then they shouldn't edit out too much, but you can never be sure.

Also for 5 episodes a DVD, I'd wear a sandwitch board saying "manga are great"

Back