Naruto coming to the UK?

Mohawk52 said:
kriffix said:
i emailed MVM about 2 months ago, they told me tht naruto license has been bought, but they wudnt tell me who by, or what format, i doubt its them, or else they wudnt have given me such juicy info
does this count as an info leak?

and also, heres a link to the edits of the 1st 20 episodes, some is ok, but some is annoying
http://www.narutoplace.com/naruto-censors-and-edits/
If Viz is planning to open a UK office I would guess they would be doing it with Naruto. That would make more sense than giving it to someone else. If Manga was to get it but want to put it out uncut they would have to redub it with their own cast. Not impossible but a bit expensive when a dub already exist, though slightly edited. Still it's not like MVM to be tooting their horn for someone elses party if they aren't going to benefit from it in some way. :wink:
Viz's sole presence in Europe is their Viz Media BV, which is a European licence-holder/promoter. They have made no indication that they will go beyond this, further supported by the fact that last year saw the first two of their titles get a UK sub-licence. Manga would not need to redub Naruto since Viz have already created and uncut dub for it for their US release. There is no reason that they wouldn't use this dub given that they would have to sub-licence the title from Viz Media in the first instance.
Paul said:
I think an uncut dub would have been produced at the same time as the edited-for-tv version? It would make sense to do it that way.

I noticed that Australia's biggest anime company Madman (who do a lot of DVD authoring work for the UK companies) recently announced that they've picked up Naruto too, so yeah, if it's not MVM that's got Naruto, it has to be Manga; consider that in the latest issue of NEO, they've taken out an entire page just to hype up their "massive" announcement at the London Expo.
I would have to agree that out of the companies currently operating in the UK they are the two most likely of them to release this. It is not really within BEEZ or Optimum's remit but either one is an outside possibility. Add to that how Manga were also hyping up Naruto's VA making an appearance at the expo and it seems to be a fairly good bet that they have it.

I really hope they get Naruto on TV. That to me really would be an earth shattering announcement and I'm hoping they announce just this at the Expo. Naruto could provide a massive boost to the UK anime industry, triple the community in months, just as long as they can get it on TV (Toonami or higher).

If Rapture use it to replace FMA or Wolf's Rain when they finish their run the channel's anime slot will be taken care of for months! As much as some people will hate to admit it, the show would be pretty popular too.

Id think it would be much more at home on Toonami or Jetix than on Rapture, I dont trust Rapture enough to invest in watching a long running show, in their past they've apparently been on and of the air countless number of times, plus I just dont think it'd fit the demographic (I doubt many non anime fans are actually watching Wolfs Rain and FMA on Rapture).

Gawyn said:
Manga would not need to redub Naruto since Viz have already created and uncut dub for it for their US release. There is no reason that they wouldn't use this dub given that they would have to sub-licence the title from Viz Media in the first instance.
Are you saying that Viz dubbed the uncut version then edited it for TXing on the US CN then? That would be a clever move, but past experience with Viz has shown otherwise unless lessons were learned. :wink:

If Rapture use it to replace FMA or Wolf's Rain when they finish their run the channel's anime slot will be taken care of for months! As much as some people will hate to admit it, the show would be pretty popular too.

Well i belive that Rapture plan to rerun FMA and Wolf's rain when they're done (they have the rights to so why not) so if they do pick it up, we won't see Naruto till 2007 at the earliest

Mohawk52 said:
Gawyn said:
Manga would not need to redub Naruto since Viz have already created and uncut dub for it for their US release. There is no reason that they wouldn't use this dub given that they would have to sub-licence the title from Viz Media in the first instance.
Are you saying that Viz dubbed the uncut version then edited it for TXing on the US CN then? That would be a clever move, but past experience with Viz has shown otherwise unless lessons were learned. :wink:

Duh! :lol:

Mohawk52 said:
Gawyn said:
My understanding of the US release of the uncut Naruto is that it will be a dual language dub/sub version so they clearly have an uncut dub available based upon that, so it would be foolish of Manga not to make use of it...

Ryo Chan said:

Well i belive that Rapture plan to rerun FMA and Wolf's rain when they're done (they have the rights to so why not) so if they do pick it up, we won't see Naruto till 2007 at the earliest

Rapture only has the rights to show each episode twice, so FMA and Wolf's Rain are unlikely to be repeated.

Rapture only has the rights to show each episode twice, so FMA and Wolf's Rain are unlikely to be repeated.

wish u lot would make up your mind.

So they only have the rights to show it twice, but when it messed up on the 2nd episode starting halfway through they offered to replay it for a 3rd time

how'd u get round that lol

hurray the death of toonami is now complete!!!!

told u fox kids/jetix has always been the best place in the uk for anime :p

the sad thing is, there's so little on TV atm despite my Naruto bashing, i'd probually end up watching it :(

I saw the first episode of Naruto today (thanks mindless Youtube Browsing!!! yaay ^^) And I must say, I would love to get my hands on this series.

To be honest the series isn't that great, maybe killing a couple of kids is worth it, besides once the filler kicks it, you'll die. D;

Actually, Naruto is the one of the best "mainstream" series to come out for a while now, certain arcs are outstanding and the action animation is bound to hook people too, it has the best martial arts choreography this side of Cowboy Bebop: Pierre Le Fou. It should be the wake up call people over here need.

It looks to have a surprising amount of depth to it, for a "Mainstream anime". Instead of being a shallow combat (DBZ I'm looking at YOU!) or plain, shallow comedy. It has depth of character that I would expect from, from... well from some other show I can't think of :p.

I hope they get the whole series, not like they did with Shaman King never finishing it but repeating it from some where in the middle.

Back