Naruto coming to the UK?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<p>Consider this a strong rumour for now, but <a href="http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/skin1/images/animation2.gif">an advert</a> on MVM's online store (<a href="http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home.php">Anime-On-Line</a>) is announcing that the ultra-popular ninja action series Naruto will be "coming soon" to the UK.

<a href="http://www.anime-ni.co.uk/?p=215">Recent speculation</a> had suggested that it may be Manga UK who have picked up it's UK rights and with Naruto's English voice actress (Maile Flanagan) visiting the London Expo in May, an official announcement may well be on the way.</p>

Finally. I've been a fan of this show for years now and I can't wait to be able to get it on DVD.

I noticed this a little earlier and think it is great news. As much as Naruto is a great anime in its own right it also means that a licence for Bleach may also happen at some time in the future, which is something I was never sure would happen...

Necromancer said:
I hope we get it in uncut boxsets like the US will be getting :).
I seriously hope so too! If it is Manga who's releasing them, then they're doing a good job so far with releasing things in boxes, or at least with a smaller price tag.

Looks good, also now looking forward to some king of official announcement at the Expo and see if they go any further! :D

yeah manga have picked up again with these value box set like gits:sac,heat guy,tokyo underground and robotech but the only problem with these are the lack of extras but i can live with that for a cheaper price.
also i think box sets would be a good idea with narato as the series is way too long for seperates to sell over here (we are a very different market to the us and japan,its about time all the uk companies figured that out).

Holy crap. I want the uncut with the dub and sub. <3

Only if there would be a speculation of Bleach coming to the UK in the future....

BabyDaddy said:
Holy crap. I want the uncut with the dub and sub. <3

Only if there would be a speculation of Bleach coming to the UK in the future....
I guess that relies on the success of Naruto, as it's pretty much aimed at the same audience.

Saying that, I'm totally getting ahead of myself!

See what i mean about another day, another piece of AMAZING news!!!

But this is just unbelievable! It seems to be not just a rumour, so i wonder how Manga UK will be releasing it :O

OMG!!!

My earlier quote:
next we'll be hearing that Naruto is going to be shown on BBC 1 every week day at 8pm, now that would be something
could actually happen now in my opinion, and that article on ANN about Viz wanting Bleach to be a worldwide success, this could be something massive, and no jokes here, even having both these shows on UK TV uncut! Just think back to the days of watching Simpsons @ 6 on BB2 everyday, then Channel 4, i wonder what it would be like to just sit down at the tv one day and here the narrator person from BB2 say that Naruto/Bleach is coming on next, then the theme tune starts, i would probably have a heart attack, it's all good saying this though, as i shouldn't get hopes up too high, but it would have to be shown uncut to be good news in my books :D

In fact, from what i've seen from that Manga UK man (Jerome something or other), he seems to be the type of person who would only want the uncut version to come out in the UK to be honest, so hopefully this will hold up and we will acutally get it uncut, in some VERY sexy boxsets :D

EDIT: Anime is one step closer to global domination muhuhahaha

this is great news!
lets just hope that it is true, (unless the ad shown was for some other naruto product, like the manga may be comming to the uk or something)

nonetheless, i hope the boxsets comming are uncut, and as usuall, Manga does a spanking good job on their pakaging.

>_<

(crosses fingers)

BabyDaddy said:
Or it could be some sick April Fools joke.
Fortunately all the rumours and speculation came way too early for that.

Still the speculation that Manga definitely has the Naruto licence is still just that. The most we have as fact at the moment is an advert for a UK release of Naruto...

I think a more likely thing would be that Stand Alone Complex would be shown on ITV2 every Sunday at 1am.

Necromancer said:
I hope we get it in uncut boxsets like the US will be getting :).
If Manga are the ones with the license, I doubt they'd bother with the TV-friendly version. Most of their licenses these days - Stand Alone Complex, SaiKano and Innocence for example - are fairly "serious", and if they went the kiddie-friendly route they'd be shooting themselves in the foot as far as the "core" fanbase is concerned.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of getting it on TV...

I wouldn't underestimate the money that is behind Naruto. Since Viz are now taking an interest in Europe with their Viz Media BV company, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto ended up on digital TV sooner or later; some where like Toonami or Jettix seem like favourites, though I wouldn't rule out the older cartoon channels at the this point. These channels can't ignore it's success in the US for much longer.

Back