My own personnal review on Neon Genesis Evangelion

Status
Not open for further replies.
devilrules666 said:
well you must be the only one left then!

No... I know others who dont.

Your arguement is invalid.

Also reviews should be presented nicely, not with a big huge trail of....................................full stops, terrible grammar (C'mon, lets learn how to use capital letters at the start of a sentance please :)).

It was horribly presented, horribly written, and spoiler filled.

(Though I guess the 2nd and 3rd of those are basically the same for this review.)

I'd just like to point out that I don't attack reviews for the fun if it. If someone has put in a lot of effort, expressing their opinion as best they can and making sure the review is as readable as they can make it, then I won't say anything bad...unless, of course, the review is full of needless spoilers. You don't see me "trolling" the reviews posted in the news section because they, unlike the TC, put a lot of thought and effort into their work.

I'm well aware that my own reviews have numerous flaws, ranging from my small word bank to me not being great at getting my points across without going forever. Yet even I, a far from perfect reviewer, was annoyed by the awful spelling, grammar and lack of effort put in by the TC. I dread to think would someone with a decent edutcation and more experience would think of such a review!

Don't posts reviews if you aren't prepared to spend time thinking about what you type and checking for errors. If you just post mash together random thoughts and call it a review then you're going to get attacked.

Look, only I'm allowed to make myself feel superior by picking on lesser humans. Try to be mature like me and leave the poor guy alone.

Yeah please tell the guy why his is bad instead of just swearing at him impotently. Constructive criticism he can work with.

Incidentally I thoroughly agree that spoilers should be clearly marked. Even for an older series like Eva it's unreasonable to assume everyone has seen it.

R

Spyro's got it right here. I don't know the ending to Evangelion...[not that I plan on watching it anytime soon either].
Plus his review IS better than sanji no 1's. sanji no 1's review is pretty poor. Surely it isn't hard to use a bit of grammar and structure now and then?

Rui said:
Yeah please tell the guy why his is bad instead of just swearing at him impotently. Constructive criticism he can work with.

Yeah, I fully agree with this - it's wrong to insult idiots for no reason.

It's rather amusing that this thread has reached 8 pages. People actually bother to post only when the topic is worthless on here...

I just chuckle to myself when I see all these posts full of spelling mistakes (including the incorrect form of words), poor grammar and text speak, when berating someone for a post containing poor grammar and bad spelling.

I think the most likely explanation is that people have decided to argue over the review quality because no-one wants to argue about Evangelion.

Ever again.

Rui said:

I did tell him why he was bad.

wow all this because i made grammer mistakes lol

Its spelt Grammar. Lets learn how to use a capital letter at the start of a sentance, shall we?

Don't posts reviews if you aren't prepared to spend time thinking about what you type and checking for errors. If you just post mash together random thoughts and call it a review then you're going to get attacked.

Exactly.

Ok, the review wasn't the best, fair enough, but can we leave it at that instead of beginning attacking people for as small a thing as grammar? The forum ain't here for only the oldest and smartest of people, its for people of all ages who have an interest in anime, so if you expect everyone on here to be able to spell properly, you're gonna be disappointed.

Arbalest said:
The forum ain't here for only the oldest and smartest of people, its for people of all ages.

This is why I'm pushing for a high IQ score to be made into a AUKN membership requirement.

ITT: Aion complaining because everyone paid attention to a poorly written inaccurate review while no one reads his tl;dr novel-like posts on **** like Love Hina.

It does hurt my wonderful brain to think that people would rather read this trash, turning the thread into an eight page spam festival, I must confess.

But, seriously, like I said on the other page, I insult reviewers when they put in less effort than me - not for the fun of it. I actually tried to play nice when I entered, only throwing my toys out the pram when the NGE hater refused to accept my pearls of wisdom.

Arbalest said:
Ok, the review wasn't the best, fair enough, but can we leave it at that instead of beginning attacking people for as small a thing as grammar? The forum ain't here for only the oldest and smartest of people, its for people of all ages who have an interest in anime, so if you expect everyone on here to be able to spell properly, you're gonna be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back