MVM looking to get the rights back to two older series...

Sparrowsabre7
im really fussy when it comes to cuts cause i know there cutting the best parts out. thats why i make sure that if a anime is coming in the uk that has cuts in it i make sure i buy it from axlemusic

animefreak17 said:
Sparrowsabre7
im really fussy when it comes to cuts cause i know there cutting the best parts out. thats why i make sure that if a anime is coming in the uk that has cuts in it i make sure i buy it from axlemusic

...So for you the best part of Code Geass would be a single frame lasting less than a second? Or in Paranoia Agent of some people hanging themselves? THose are the best parts of those shows?

(I concede that with the hentai cuts however they probably do cut out "the best parts")

2 things
1 having series cut is like having a incomplete collection of a manga series. you brought it to read it but one or two pages in a volume of the manga is missing and you wanna see whats on those pages
2 i have a very warped mind

animefreak17 said:
2 things
1 having series cut is like having a incomplete collection of a manga series. you brought it to read it but one or two pages in a volume of the manga is missing and you wanna see whats on those pages

Oh I don't dispute the irritation, but to say the cut parts are the best parts, YOU GO TOO FAR SIR! =P

Someone mentioned maybe releasing niche shows sub-only. I would adore Princess Tutu (Australia has it) and Cross Game. Please!

And apart from that, someone re-release Cowboy Bebop, Card Captor Sakura, and Mushishi. Pretty please!

For a new show, you can go Katanagatari (America has it). With cherry on top!

I would pre-order and then buy any/all of these if they were coming to the UK.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:
2 things

Oh I don't dispute the irritation, but to say the cut parts are the best parts, YOU GO TOO FAR SIR! =P
fine i did go too far sorry

VivisQueen said:
Someone mentioned maybe releasing niche shows sub-only. I would adore Princess Tutu (Australia has it) and Cross Game. Please!

And apart from that, someone re-release Cowboy Bebop, Card Captor Sakura, and Mushishi. Pretty please!

Beez are redoing Bebop now, so not long to wait there depending on production cycle :)! Will update soon...

OOh, another one here for Mushishi please!

I originally bought the boxset, watched two eps and loved them, but I then got into such a dire financial state I was forced to sell it. When I went to rebuy it, it was nowhere to be found :(

beez_andrew said:
VivisQueen said:

Beez are redoing Bebop now, so not long to wait there depending on production cycle :)! Will update soon...

*collapses into a weeping, shuddering, snuffling mess of happiness*

OHMYGODILOVEYOUBEEZYOUJUSTMADEMYDAYORGASMIC! Please tell us as soon as it's available to pre-order!

Cowboy Bebop.

Anime Legends release.

Add a sprinkling of promotion on top, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be a success.

Go on, Beez. You KNOW it makes sense!

I feel compelled at this point to say:

Cowboy Bebop is a bona fide classic. Seriously. Every time I watch that show, and I get to episodes where I think 'Eh, I didn't think much of that one last time around', I find that magical thing has happened where it's ten times better than I remembered.

Cowboy Bebop.

Anime Legends release.

Beez. You KNOW it makes sense!

Bang.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Really? REALLY? You'd dip out on a great show for lacking one minute or so? Of a single episode? Also "cut" it was a single cut. Not "cuts" plural. I'm not saying I defend the cuts (especially since they were partially left in the episode preview) but because I don't see how missing a single minute would ruin an entire series. It's like SW fans who complain that Greedo shooting first ruins Star Wars. Was it really that important? Do you really care THAT much that you'd deny yourself the entertainment of watching the rest of the film for a single alteration?
No, it's like if the part in the second film where Vader goes "Luke, I'm your father" was cut because the Dinosaur Empire (BBFC) suddenly decided that day "Ok, Hands getting cut off is right out today, no hand cutting today".

That scene in that episode had a point and with that edit, the BBFC have taken that point.

I know it sounds ludicrous that a cut involving a young girl joyfully joining in a suicide attempt is being defended like this, but it had a point.

Just Passing Through said:
So...

Fruits Basket and Kiddy Grade...

Who wins the sweepstake?
You and fabricatedlunatic.

Were those two Revelation titles? If so, it's cool they're getting those back, although I was hoping for Serial and Haibane.

Paradox295 said:
Just Passing Through said:
So...

Fruits Basket and Kiddy Grade...

Who wins the sweepstake?
You and fabricatedlunatic.

Were those two Revelation titles? If so, it's cool they're getting those back, although I was hoping for Serial and Haibane.

I threw every title that I could think of in that initial post, my own inclination was towards Lain and Haibane too, so I guess Fabio can take the prize.

When MVM lost the Funi titles, Revelation picked up and released a boxset for Fruba, but Kiddy Grade fell into limbo. Nice to see them back, especially Fruba.

ConanThe3rd said:
I know it sounds ludicrous that a cut involving a young girl joyfully joining in a suicide attempt is being defended like this, but it had a point.
You do understand why those three kept failing to commit suicide, Yes? Because they're already dead, yes? I bet the BBFC missed that one as well. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohawk52 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
You do understand why those three kept failing to commit suicide, Yes? Because they're already dead, yes? I bet the BBFC missed that one as well. :wink:

Kamome: Hey, Fuyubachi, Fuyubachi!

Can I commit suicide with you guys?

Fuyubachi: you're already dead

Kamome: nyoro~n...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back