MVM have two new licenses, and they are...

I wonder what the hell takes 4-5 months, after acquiring the license to release it.

Making subtitles would take 2-3 weeks, the dub even more, but the DVD already has subtitle and dub so scratch that, even if they want to build the DVD from scratch, that wouldn't take more than 1, max 1,5 week.

I knew it takes time to produce the DVDs from the master DVD, but I don't think that would take more than 1 month.

I am not familiar with marketing of anime and manga in the UK, do they advertise new releases on posters, magazines and news sites? I assume they do, so seems at least 3 months are for advertising only :(

At least I can't think up anything else, unless the licensor is really slow and waits months before they give them the material.

It's also about spacing out the releases across the schedule so that you don't end up competing with yourself by releasing too much.

Jan - Welcome to the NHK
Feb - Fruits Basket
Mar - Kiddy Grade
Apr - Title X
May - Title Y

although I wouldn't be surprised if X and Y don't get pushed back by a live action release or two. MVM do have a couple of Takashi Miike titles for next year.

Tind said:
I wonder what the hell takes 4-5 months, after acquiring the license to release it.
Waiting for the Yanks to release it as part of convoluted international licensing agreements, usually.

Tind said:
I am not familiar with marketing of anime and manga in the UK, do they advertise new releases on posters, magazines and news sites?
No. In the UK little to no advertising is done for anime at all.

I see, bummer.

But back on topic: I wonder what did MVM license...would have been nice to see really popular titles like Spice and Wolf and Squid Girl.

But the truth is, I am still hoping that someone will one day license Crest of Stars (/Banner of the Stars) and release all four seasons in a Complete Collection box...it is an old anime back from 1999, but even today, it is one of the best action/romantic/sci-fi series available with a huge amount of fans.

ps: Or "the Stars" has already been released in the UK?

Just Passing Through said:
They never said it was delayed... it just vanished from their schedules and they don't answer Tweets about it...

the same way they aren't answering tweets about the K-On! Blu-rays :cry:
Weren't it originally delayed due to them claiming to have too many releases this year?
At least that how I remembered it.
If MVM do have it though, it would be an instant buy for me.

@britguy - Star Driver is sub only

MVM said it wasn't one of the titles mentioned previously, so it isn't Squid Girl...hmm...I was thinking "The World God Only Knows", but Dannielle already mentioned that one. I'd like "To Love Ru" to get a release here, but the U.S. release was sub-only, so that rules that one out.

I'm pretty sure that if it was Marvel Anime, Marvel would try and use a much bigger label (no offence MVM).

Wild guess - Puella Magi Madoka Magica? xD. Although I imagine that one would cost a bomb to release (especially as Aniplex USA made the BD region free, despite both Japan and the US being Region A...hmmm).

Queen's Blade seems like a good guess. A lot of the bigger hits from 2010/11 have already been picked up by Manga or Kaze.

*scratches head* Screw it, I'll just wait and see.

Neo is out next week. They tend to give away details on new MVM tittles before the company does! And if one of them is Queens Blade I will be punching every child in the street in the face because of it. :twisted:

devilrules666 said:
Neo is out next week. They tend to give away details on new MVM tittles before the company does! And if one of them is Queens Blade I will be punching every child in the street in the face because of it. :twisted:

If it is Queens Blade...I wonder what the BBFC would think of the snake bite scene in one episode

Invisible Crane said:
devilrules666 said:

If it is Queens Blade...I wonder what the BBFC would think of the snake bite scene in one episode
im not worried about that i already got mine region 1
im just waiting for the after Tournament series

I'm hoping it will be Rainbow.

The under-rated series about a group of juveniles in prison.

Or maybe steins gate? Or does someone else already own the rights to that series?

Unfortunately neither is dubbed yet which would make them ineligible, though Steins;Gate will definitely get one when it appears since Funimation is all over it in the US.

I would like to see Rainbow as well, if someone can spring for a sub-only release (its streaming figures have presumably been poor).

R

^
Well they might have been better if Funinmation had let me bloody stream it in the first place, rather than region lock that show....and now the entire channel is region locked.... *grumbles increasingly unintelligible and bitter tones under breath*

Speaking of MVM though, where is the ol sinisterly avatared man himself, maybe he could drop us a hint?

I think they must be Sentai releases, but I can never remember which have dubs. Maybe Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou..?

R

Rui said:
I think they must be Sentai releases, but I can never remember which have dubs. Maybe Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou..?
Good call, though I don't think it's been licensed in Australia yet.

Needless could be another one. Action + fanservice, plus it's been released by Siren meaning PAL materials are available. Aired late 2009 though.

With Steins;Gate being licensed by FUNi in the US and streamed by Kaze in the UK it is almost certainly going to released by Manga.

Night Raid is a possibility - 2010 title, dubbed and already available on iTunes (like Angel Beats) so someone already has UK rights for streaming at least, although I don't think it has a PAL master.

Two random guesses:

No.6

aaaaannnndddd.....

Dream Eater Merry

In an ideal world it would be Five Numbers! / Norageki which I keep reporting about!

Look forward to finding out which anime these maybe.

2010 onwards had some amazing anime that still has not been picked up for the uk market.

My guess Deadman Wonderland or Fractale as i dont think they have been mentioned yet :)

Would Gosick be a good shout as Madman has licenced it also, would love this show on DVD its one of my most favorite shows of the last few years.

Back