MVM have two new licenses, and they are...

devilrules666 said:
when does shana series 2 get released over in the us?
Shakugan no Shana II, Shakugan no Shana: The Movie and Shakugan no Shana S were all licensed by FUNimation and were originally slated to be out by the end of this year. However, due to some internal problems at Geneon, last I heard, FUNimation haven't even been given the materials to begin dubbing.

I just hope that when they do get them, they send them up to Ocean Studios - I want as much of the old voice cast to return as possible.

Ooh, I love it when there are hints! I assume not subbed means "not sub-only", otherwise there's likely to be a very limited pool of guesses...:)

R

So it's fairly recent then? I'm looking forward to the announcement even more now that there's a possibility it's something I've considered importing. I'd much rather give my money to uk companies anyway.

Could be Queen's Blade. Aired in 2009 but wasn't released in the US until last year. Also, boobs = £££.

Canaan seems like the kind of show MVM would release--but it's another 2009 show. Can't think of much else the licenses could be!

In the fantasy dreamland in my head, it would have been sub-only releases of Shangri-La and Michiko to Hatchin, on sub only NTSC discs, that the rest of the English speaking world could have wet themselves over importing from us for a change...

Waking up though...

I won't be surprised if one, or both of them aren't Linebarrels of Iron and/or Blassreiter.

Chaos;Head is another possibility...
El Cazador de la Bruja
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple (Manga have mislaid it!)
Nana? Naah!
Rozen Maiden Ouverture
Scrapped Princess now that Bandai have lost it

Just Passing Through said:
In the fantasy dreamland in my head, it would have been sub-only releases of Shangri-La and Michiko to Hatchin, on sub only NTSC discs, that the rest of the English speaking world could have wet themselves over importing from us for a change...

Waking up though...

I won't be surprised if one, or both of them aren't Linebarrels of Iron and/or Blassreiter.

El Cazador de la Bruja
Nana? Naah!
Rozen Maiden Ouverture

I thought Kenichi was delayed until next year (Wikipedia still lists Manga as having the licence).

mangaman74 said:
Just Passing Through said:

Waking up though...

El Cazador de la Bruja
Nana? Naah!
Rozen Maiden Ouverture

I thought Kenichi was delayed until next year (Wikipedia still lists Manga as having the licence).

They never said it was delayed... it just vanished from their schedules and they don't answer Tweets about it...

the same way they aren't answering tweets about the K-On! Blu-rays :cry:

Oh oh, while we're speculating about Manga losing stuff, maybe they have swiped DBZ from under Manga's nose, and it's a huge scandal!

I don't think MVM are terrifically shy about ecchi titles, so QB and similar suggestions are a possibility. My personal preference would be for Sengoku Basara 2 just so I can buy 10,000 copies and make Manga cry.

R

(Yes, I know DBZ didn't come out in 2010 really...)

Rui said:
Oh oh, while we're speculating about Manga losing stuff, maybe they have swiped DBZ from under Manga's nose, and it's a huge scandal!

I don't think MVM are terrifically shy about ecchi titles, so QB and similar suggestions are a possibility.

R

(Yes, I know DBZ didn't come out in 2010 really...)

Did on Blu-ray--in 2011...

Hmm, i was pretty sure Squid Girl would be one, color me surprised.

On the subject of DBZ, not sure if anyone else saw but in the back of the last issue of Neo, they mentioned DBZ coming to the UK and whatnot, all to be discussed in the Jan magazine so maybe that could shed some light on it?

Excited for what these titles could be ..new year could you just hurry up, ok?

EDIT: Just checked MangaUK's twitter feed, they do indeed have Baka & Test..

"we will be releasing #AngelBeats complete series DVD & BD in May. #BakaAndTest out in April on DVD."

Back