UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

We're now up to date with our Early Bird deals. We've got a few titles awaiting confirmation and to sign off on.

DotW will most likely to continue during Christmas.

Regarding 12 days of Christmas sale we're unsure atm as we've naturally had a clearance sale running most of the year. We will most likely do an Early Bird repeat of this year's releases so far, as well as a box set sale.

We're also looking at possibly doing mystery bundles for the Christmas sale. More news naturally nearer the time.
could always do a sorta DOTW redux for the christmas, i wouldn't mind being able to get that monogatari s1 bundle again because i forgot all about it until it was too late

I reviewed the series back when each volume launched and gave it a 3.5/5 (or 7/10) overall thought was left indifferent to some aspects of the story and certain characters.

I had a quick look while waiting in the hospital today.
There seems to be an unpleasant sex scene. I'm guessing but it may be non consensual. Though I admit I didn't research too deeply.
Yes that’s a pretty good summary of what occurs during one of the episodes. It’s plot-relevant to an extent, but for me didn’t feel particularly necessary nor did it really add anything to the overall narrative.

Yes that’s a pretty good summary of what occurs during one of the episodes. It’s plot-relevant to an extent, but for me didn’t feel particularly necessary nor did it really add anything to the overall narrative.
Thanks for that. I still buy. ÂŁ7.99!

Separately, bit disappointed that there may not be an exciting Christmas sale.
I don't buy many collectors editions. Mainly because all I want to do is watch the anime. However, Combatants will be Dispatched is Blu-ray and DVD and has a better selection of extra stuff and I was waiting on the sale.
I'll hang my optimism on the words box set.
Usually, there's just a book. Extra ÂŁ40 please.

Now if they started adding figures or plushies, I'd be right in there.

The neighbor couple and I really enjoyed Grancrest Wars when we watched it a few years ago. We watched those same UK Blu-rays I had at the time, but as soon as we finished the series, I double-dipped and splurged on the Aniplex releases.

Samurai 7 CE just got dispatched for me, so hopefully other will see soon too (or already have)

Awesome! I ordered all four of the Gonzo CE sets - Burst Angel, Samurai 7, Trinity Blood, and Witchblade, and ask MVM to ship them all together in December to me to the US after all four of them released - but now I see Witchblade is delayed until 23 January, a month later than it was originally dated. So I just messaged them and asked if they would ship out Burst Angel and Samurai 7 to me now, and then ship the other two together in January. That's just too long to wait for all four to get here!

Back