UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I picked Lull up for £40 in a previous sale, zero regrets, fantastic series and really nice collectors edition.

Of the DVD-only stuff on sale, any of them highly recommended, other than Arakawa?

For me:

Broken Blade, Chobits, Desert Punk, Fruits Basket, Patlabor and Patlabor 2

Already own Lul in the Sea

Huh there's a disc potluck thing, it says in individual cd wallet. I assume this means they don't have actual dvd cases.

I'm guessing its [customer returns / general damaged stock] they kept the disks from rather than binning everything

On another question, Was there a limit to the number of things you could buy? Everything I click on on anime-on-line I now get:

• You do not have access to this category.
  • You do not have access to this product.
Dont want to be blocked from AOL lol

Nevermind, only happens when I'm logged into my account

Last edited:
An alright sale but I'm going to pass. I would have considered Fruits Basket but the UK release doesn't have the extra features.

Bought Lull in the Sea CE when it was DOTW and if I recall correctly the price then was a bit higher but not so much as to go crazy over the difference. If people is interested they should definitely go for it. Great show. Also I strongly suspect it's the one that will go OOP first. From what I can see - besides aforementioned Lull - only Chobits, Love Live, Fruits Basket and Broken Blade is BD (might've missed one). Rest is DVD stuff. Don't see anything overly tempting, but we see.

for those curious about the 10 DVD pot luck, I did it a few years (Edit: just check my orders and it was 02/2019) back and received:
paranoia agent vol 1 & 4, arakawa under the bridege disc 1, solty rei vol 5, shana season 2 part 1 disc 1 & 2, X vol 6, witchblade disc ??? and I think there was some gungrave volumes in there too.

It was a bit too random for my liking, I would have prefered all the 1st disc or volumes as I could I could then see it as a test this show out and see how I like.

Last edited:
Wasnt going to get anything but for the prices went for hack, patlabor 1+2, requiem, pumpkin and saiyuki all for 22 quid.

is it safe to assume all DVDs are PAL? i want to get Ikki Tousen and Romeo x Juliet but won't bother if they are

Ikki Tousen Great Guardians is NTSC.
Romeo x Juliet is an NTSC-PAL standards conversion, so it plays back at the correct rate for audio, but the image is softer than NTSC and has blended frames.

EDIT: The lucky dip has gone, and we can say goodbye to ef tale of Melodies/Memories as well.

Last edited:
Back