UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Afherlan

Kiznaiver
Bought Lull in the Sea CE when it was DOTW and if I recall correctly the price then was a bit higher but not so much as to go crazy over the difference. If people is interested they should definitely go for it. Great show. Also I strongly suspect it's the one that will go OOP first. From what I can see - besides aforementioned Lull - only Chobits, Love Live, Fruits Basket and Broken Blade is BD (might've missed one). Rest is DVD stuff. Don't see anything overly tempting, but we see.

Jon O Fun

Magical Girl
Tempted by Chobits but does anyone know if the MVM one has a reversible cover or is just the US Anime Classics one?

SkwigglesWorth

Brigade Leader
for those curious about the 10 DVD pot luck, I did it a few years (Edit: just check my orders and it was 02/2019) back and received:
paranoia agent vol 1 & 4, arakawa under the bridege disc 1, solty rei vol 5, shana season 2 part 1 disc 1 & 2, X vol 6, witchblade disc ??? and I think there was some gungrave volumes in there too.

It was a bit too random for my liking, I would have prefered all the 1st disc or volumes as I could I could then see it as a test this show out and see how I like.

Last edited:

WMD

Pokémon Master
Wasnt going to get anything but for the prices went for hack, patlabor 1+2, requiem, pumpkin and saiyuki all for 22 quid.

Oldmario

Adventurer
is it safe to assume all DVDs are PAL? i want to get Ikki Tousen and Romeo x Juliet but won't bother if they are

is it safe to assume all DVDs are PAL? i want to get Ikki Tousen and Romeo x Juliet but won't bother if they are
Ikki Tousen Great Guardians is NTSC.
Romeo x Juliet is an NTSC-PAL standards conversion, so it plays back at the correct rate for audio, but the image is softer than NTSC and has blended frames.

EDIT: The lucky dip has gone, and we can say goodbye to ef tale of Melodies/Memories as well.

Last edited:

Grimraven

Brigade Leader
I generally avoid buying dvds anymore unless there is no BD release in the west at all

The only BDS in this sale are Broken Blade, Love Hina and Chobits, Love Hina i never cared for it and Chobits i already got it. (question did chobits fail in the uk as it seems a little to recent?)

Anyway i noticed a lot of these are in the 2010 to 2011 release date so im guessing the licensing for these titles are now expiring or already expired.

In that Case i narrowed down the ones that only have DVD Copy with no BD at this stage, so if anyone is still thinking weather they should get it, this could be the last chance at an affordable price.

The Titles are:

Requiem from the Darkness
Romeo X Juliet
Love Hina
Sayuki Reload
Pumpkin Scissors
Kiddy Grade
Desert Punk

Edit: So i decided to order Desert Punk and Broken Blade, the later is probably the cheapest il ever get it at this point, the former cause well i watched it and i wanted it in my collection and no BD version so might as well.

Last edited:

CommanderZx2

Kiznaiver
I generally avoid buying dvds anymore unless there is no BD release in the west at all

The only BDS in this sale are Broken Blade, Love Hina and Chobits, Love Hina i never cared for it and Chobits i already got it. (question did chobits fail in the uk as it seems a little to recent?)

Anyway i noticed a lot of these are in the 2010 to 2011 release date so im guessing the licensing for these titles are now expiring or already expired.

In that Case i narrowed down the ones that only have DVD Copy with no BD at this stage, so if anyone is still thinking weather they should get it, this could be the last chance at an affordable price.

The Titles are:

Requiem from the Darkness
Romeo X Juliet
Love Hina
Sayuki Reload
Pumpkin Scissors
Kiddy Grade
Desert Punk
Yes, it appears that these are all expired and won't be reprinted.

Robin91

Brigade Leader
Does anyone know if there ever was a collectors edition for Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel I - Presage Flower (15) Blu-Ray?

The versions that's on deal of the week doesn't state if its standard edition or collectors edition and I noticed part 2 has both a standard and regular edition.

Edit: So there seems to be two versions and MVM is using the image for the version with the artbook. Is that correct?

Last edited:

WMD

Pokémon Master
Does anyone know if there ever was a collectors edition for Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel I - Presage Flower (15) Blu-Ray?

The versions that's on deal of the week doesn't state if its standard edition or collectors edition and I noticed part 2 has both a standard and regular edition.

Edit: So there seems to be two versions and MVM is using the image for the version with the artbook. Is that correct?
There was a collectors edition but I'm pretty sure it sold out a while back. Based on the prices the ones in the DotW are the standard editions.