UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Takei Daloui

Dandy Guy, in Space
Sagrade Reset... I remember planning to watch it but never remembering to, and then missing chances in the past to grab it. Is it any good? I know it's sort of a mystery time reset story.

praseodimio65

Completely Average High School Student
Sagrade Reset... I remember planning to watch it but never remembering to, and then missing chances in the past to grab it. Is it any good? I know it's sort of a mystery time reset story.
I found it OK, it has some very interesting ideas but it's kept back by some stiff character writing IMHO.

Takei Daloui

Dandy Guy, in Space
I found it OK, it has some very interesting ideas but it's kept back by some stiff character writing IMHO.
I see, thanks. I'll probably check out an episode or 2 then and see it catches my fancy, since it's at a price I'm more willing to take a risk on if it's more average than great.

Afherlan

Kiznaiver
I see, thanks. I'll probably check out an episode or 2 then and see it catches my fancy, since it's at a price I'm more willing to take a risk on if it's more average than great.
While I haven't seen it (but I decided to gamble on it now, as from what I read elsewhere it does sound like something I enjoy + I am more than comfortable with the risk at this DOTW price), I've read that the first episodes aren't all that great and that they might give a false impression of what the show is. I obviously don't know how accurate this is, but it might be worth keeping in mind if you are going to watch one or two episodes to decide whether you get it or not.

Takei Daloui

Dandy Guy, in Space
While I haven't seen it (but I decided to gamble on it now, as from what I read elsewhere it does sound like something I enjoy + I am more than comfortable with the risk at this DOTW price), I've read that the first episodes aren't all that great and that they might give a false impression of what the show is. I obviously don't know how accurate this is, but it might be worth keeping in mind if you are going to watch one or two episodes to decide whether you get it or not.
I'll keep that in mind then. I know shows in the past that have weak starts. If you've ever heard of Rokka no Yuusha, that's a great example of a show that can be really enjoyable provided you can get past the first 3 episodes. So long as the premise is interesting enough and it looks like it's doing a good application of it, it'll be worth a shot at any rate.

Violette

Completely Average High School Student
I picked Lull up for £40 in a previous sale, zero regrets, fantastic series and really nice collectors edition.

Of the DVD-only stuff on sale, any of them highly recommended, other than Arakawa?

Shadow Cat

Thousand Master
For me:

Broken Blade, Chobits, Desert Punk, Fruits Basket, Patlabor and Patlabor 2

Already own Lul in the Sea

Huh there's a disc potluck thing, it says in individual cd wallet. I assume this means they don't have actual dvd cases.
I'm guessing its [customer returns / general damaged stock] they kept the disks from rather than binning everything

Shadow Cat

Thousand Master
On another question, Was there a limit to the number of things you could buy? Everything I click on on anime-on-line I now get:

• You do not have access to this category.
  • You do not have access to this product.
Dont want to be blocked from AOL lol

Nevermind, only happens when I'm logged into my account

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
An alright sale but I'm going to pass. I would have considered Fruits Basket but the UK release doesn't have the extra features.