UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I mean to be perfectly honest £3 for an international order is very cheap especially as Brexit will happen on the 31st December and we don’t know what our deal will look like.

The 20% off sale concluded on 1st June at 9am BST. It was only available for the MATSURI weekend.
Yeah, I know, I meant that both when that code was active, and more recently during the current sale, I was referring to the postage costs, not the 20% off, sorry if my post was ambiguous.
During Easter they charged £3 postage per order - now they charge £3 postage per item :(
Exactly, it was a rather nasty surprise seeing a £15 charge rather than £3, ended up just not following through with the order.
I mean to be perfectly honest £3 for an international order is very cheap especially as Brexit will happen on the 31st December and we don’t know what our deal will look like.
£3 per order is entirely reasonable, I agree, £3 per item not so much, unless they ship each item separately, which they don't.
Even £3 for first item and £1 for each additional would be fine, but the current system just doesn't make much sense.
Their website says it should cost £5 per item for international orders.
It's been saying that for a while, I think it's been the same since they changed it from £2 per item to £5 per order with the site revamp.

It's gone from £2 per item to £5 per order to £3 per order to £3 per item within the space of a few months, with most of us only finding out as we checkout.

It's just getting kinda annoying is all. :p

Even £3 for first item and £1 for each additional would be fine, but the current system just doesn't make much sense.
The prices shown in store already include free domestic shipping, so if items can be sent combined, the costs involved for additional items shouldn't be higher than the domestic shipping fees already included in price.
But this would require setting up two different options for EU-preorders:
Combined shipping (£3 per order) & Seperate shipping (£3 per item)

Wasn't Sagrada Reset in one of the mystery boxes from last Christmas 12 days sale? I need to search my backpile to see if it's still there

(My admin is a bit pants)

Sagrade Reset... I remember planning to watch it but never remembering to, and then missing chances in the past to grab it. Is it any good? I know it's sort of a mystery time reset story.

I see, thanks. I'll probably check out an episode or 2 then and see it catches my fancy, since it's at a price I'm more willing to take a risk on if it's more average than great.

While I haven't seen it (but I decided to gamble on it now, as from what I read elsewhere it does sound like something I enjoy + I am more than comfortable with the risk at this DOTW price), I've read that the first episodes aren't all that great and that they might give a false impression of what the show is. I obviously don't know how accurate this is, but it might be worth keeping in mind if you are going to watch one or two episodes to decide whether you get it or not.

While I haven't seen it (but I decided to gamble on it now, as from what I read elsewhere it does sound like something I enjoy + I am more than comfortable with the risk at this DOTW price), I've read that the first episodes aren't all that great and that they might give a false impression of what the show is. I obviously don't know how accurate this is, but it might be worth keeping in mind if you are going to watch one or two episodes to decide whether you get it or not.

I'll keep that in mind then. I know shows in the past that have weak starts. If you've ever heard of Rokka no Yuusha, that's a great example of a show that can be really enjoyable provided you can get past the first 3 episodes. So long as the premise is interesting enough and it looks like it's doing a good application of it, it'll be worth a shot at any rate.

Back