UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Never knew they released Blast of Tempest on dvd, that was one I was really hoping to see on blu-ray at some point, guess there's not much hope of that now...

Penguindrum, Bunny Drop, Haibane Renmei, and Heaven's Memo Pad, to name a few, MVM have released so many shows on dvd that I would just love to get on blu-ray...

The real question is if CE over SE :p

EDIT: Bought SE
They don't have any pictures of it on their site, so just to paint a picture for anyone else on the fence between the two, the CE has each of the dvd, blu-ray and sountrack cd in their own standard dvd "keep case", with all 3 in a chipboard slipbox.

I'm a sucker for soundtracks so got the CE when it was on sale before and I'm glad I did, but I think the soundtrack is the only real reason to go for the CE over the SE, unless you actually have some use for the dvd.

Completely agree with other posters here though, loved the show way more than I though I would when I started watching it.

Never knew they released Blast of Tempest on dvd, that was one I was really hoping to see on blu-ray at some point, guess there's not much hope of that now...

Penguindrum, Bunny Drop, Haibane Renmei, and Heaven's Memo Pad, to name a few, MVM have released so many shows on dvd that I would just love to get on blu-ray...
MVM never released Penguindrum. That was Kaze

Well, I just contacted AOL about the Ajin Season 2 CE they shipped out to me on April 23, it never got to me here in the states. Normally it takes 10 days or so to arrive here, but it's been a full month now, so I think even with COVID dalays it's safe to say it's been lost somewhere and won't be making the trip to me. I believe that's the first UK anime order that has not made it to me over the past 5-6 years I've been importing. I've been anxiously waiting for the Season two CE of Ajin for two years now, to complete the UK series set, but I guess I'll be waiting a little longer... 😢

Well, I just contacted AOL about the Ajin Season 2 CE they shipped out to me on April 23, it never got to me here in the states. Normally it takes 10 days or so to arrive here, but it's been a full month now, so I think even with COVID dalays it's safe to say it's been lost somewhere and won't be making the trip to me. I believe that's the first UK anime order that has not made it to me over the past 5-6 years I've been importing. I've been anxiously waiting for the Season two CE of Ajin for two years now, to complete the UK series set, but I guess I'll be waiting a little longer... 😢

Hope it gets sorted mate.

MVM never released Penguindrum. That was Kaze
Huh, you're right, I was so sure that was MVM, was under that misconception for years, must have mixed it up with something else...
Yeah and Sentai’s discs were bad so somehow the best version is Australia’s which is now OOP.
From what I read the australian release was a little better, but both that and the Sentai one were 1080i.
I think the italian release is 1080p, pity no english subs, and part 1 of that set is hard to get now too I believe.
I got a foreign Blu-ray of Haibane Renmei, but that was a pretty bad upscale - not worth the extra money.
Thanks for the heads up on that, might just pick up the MVM dvd release at some point so.

On the subject ov MVM dvds, what's the quality like, specifically with Blast of Tempest if anyone knows?

I know some region 2 anime dvds are released in ntsc, generally when that happens is it 480p or 480i?

I don't think I've ever noticed a pal dvd where the video on the disc itself was actually interlaced, but a decent few of the (non-anime) ntsc ones I've imported in the past were 480i, so just wondering.

Back