UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Denny Fisher

Stand User
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Sword Oratoria, is a sideque set in the same time as season 1 and is based around the Loki Familia
it isn't season 2

Azar

Stand User
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Sword Oratoria, is a sideque set in the same time as season 1 and is based around the Loki Familia
it isn't season 2
MVM have also licensed season 2 though.

Who gets season 3 is anyone's guess.

Jon O Fun

Vampire Ninja
MVM have also licensed season 2 though.

Who gets season 3 is anyone's guess.
I'm gonna curveball guess and say 88 Films for inconsistencies sake!

Season 1 - Animatsu (not manga branded)
Season 2 - MVM
Movie - Manga

Just makes sense.

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Manga likely only got the film because MVM weren't going to look at it until after S2 was out. I'd imagine they'd be a little quicker in picking up S3...

KurataTrigger

Dandy Guy, in Space
So I had a quick look and here are some titles that mvm released on dvd. Maybe the UK will get an upgrade on blu ray as the states have

Aquarion
Arakawa under the bridge
Basilisk
Battle girls
Burst angel
Canaan
Dream eater merry
Elemental gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heavens memo pad
Infinite stratos
Is this a zombie
Kamisama dolls
Majikoi oh samurai girls
Mayo chiki
Moribito
Needless
Night raid 1931
Nightwalker
Ninja scroll
Oreimo
Rosario and vampire
Samurai 7
Shakugan No Shana
Slayers
So I can't play H
Shana and Rosario Vampire will most likely go to Manga at this point given they are Funi series and we didn't get S3 and OVAs for Shana :(

Denny Fisher

Stand User
Shana and Rosario Vampire will most likely go to Manga at this point given they are Funi series and we didn't get S3 and OVAs for Shana :(
Well I sent that list to mvm too, this was there reply

I would say the only one that would possibly get a BD release if we can do it, would be Rosario. Everything else the license has either expired or close to and won't be renewing or seeking for BD rights.

KurataTrigger

Dandy Guy, in Space
Not big of a chance but it would be a cool additional otherwise.
Sold my Shana DVD sets a while because I got tired waiting for Shana 3 and OVAs over the year's. Plus there were taking up shelve space.

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
Oh well maybe I'll just add the upcoming Funi re-releases to my "want to import" list to make a region free player (or PS3 hack) more of a priority.

cyborg 002

Student Council President
Does MVM care for acquisition recommendations?
If yes. Where should I send the list of recommendations to?