UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Ah, then in that case it was basically a restriction done by Kadokawa at the time because Funimation pissed them off.

Now I want to know what happened. But honestly from what I have been seeing Anime studios are pretty petty with western distributors that such a thing doesn't seem hard.

Now I want to know what happened. But honestly from what I have been seeing Anime studios are pretty petty with western distributors that such a thing doesn't seem hard.
Over half a decade ago when Funimation started to release titles on Blu-ray, they scheduled titles so fast that both Kadokawa and Universal told them 'no' unless it was DVD only. This is why titles like Magical Index, Scientific Railgun, Future Diary, Is This A Zombie, Heaven's Lost Property Forte, Deadman Wonderland and various others had to wait years for a Blu-ray release. TBS were a similar case with Sentai Filmworks.

Over half a decade ago when Funimation started to release titles on Blu-ray, they scheduled titles so fast that both Kadokawa and Universal told them 'no' unless it was DVD only. This is why titles like Magical Index, Scientific Railgun, Future Diary, Is This A Zombie, Heaven's Lost Property Forte, Deadman Wonderland and various others had to wait years for a Blu-ray release. TBS were a similar case with Sentai Filmworks.

Wait I don't understand this, why was scheduling blu-rays such an issue that the studios were witholding titles?

Region A. America is region A as is Japan but DVD they are Reg 2 (hence why Gundam would have been forced to have PAL speed up here) as they don’t want to damage JP sales.
It is still a deal most of time which is why bar AoA (and most discotek titles bar the new Fuji TV ones) subs are locked

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Sword Oratoria, is a sideque set in the same time as season 1 and is based around the Loki Familia
it isn't season 2

Manga likely only got the film because MVM weren't going to look at it until after S2 was out. I'd imagine they'd be a little quicker in picking up S3...

So I had a quick look and here are some titles that mvm released on dvd. Maybe the UK will get an upgrade on blu ray as the states have

Aquarion
Arakawa under the bridge
Basilisk
Battle girls
Burst angel
Canaan
Dream eater merry
Elemental gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heavens memo pad
Infinite stratos
Is this a zombie
Kamisama dolls
Majikoi oh samurai girls
Mayo chiki
Moribito
Needless
Night raid 1931
Nightwalker
Ninja scroll
Oreimo
Rosario and vampire
Samurai 7
Shakugan No Shana
Slayers
So I can't play H

Shana and Rosario Vampire will most likely go to Manga at this point given they are Funi series and we didn't get S3 and OVAs for Shana :(

Shana and Rosario Vampire will most likely go to Manga at this point given they are Funi series and we didn't get S3 and OVAs for Shana :(
Well I sent that list to mvm too, this was there reply

I would say the only one that would possibly get a BD release if we can do it, would be Rosario. Everything else the license has either expired or close to and won't be renewing or seeking for BD rights.

Back