UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Should be interesting to see how it compares to Funis release. Wonder if MVM will have early stock for MCM Comic Con? (Provided they're attending of course)

Should be interesting to see how it compares to Funis release. Wonder if MVM will have early stock for MCM Comic Con? (Provided they're attending of course)

id be interested in seeing what this looks like in terms of box art etc I presume it will be a copy

Yeah I'd assume that it's a copy of the Funi release but maybe without the booklet like Lain was

Naturally we'll be attending, but won't have stock for the show. Just won't be ready in time.

Has anyone had experience with receiving seemingly used DVDs via AOL?

I ordered Tsuritama in the recent DOTW and it was in a different kind of plastic wrap to usual (it was that cling film stuff, which usually sets off alarm bells right away).

I took the plastic off and it turns out that the box is scratched up, battered and has weird dirty marks on it.

The discs are in dreadful condition too...they're scratched and marked to hell. It's clearly a used product.

I buy DOTW stuff pretty frequently and they've always been brilliant, but this is a bit concerning.

Given Tsuritama is an MVM title I'm inclined to say it's at worst a return that's been rewrapped. That would admittedly make it used but that's an unlikely scenario.

More likely it's a damaged item that snuck it's way into their inventory.

Has anyone had experience with receiving seemingly used DVDs via AOL?

I ordered Tsuritama in the recent DOTW and it was in a different kind of plastic wrap to usual (it was that cling film stuff, which usually sets off alarm bells right away).

I took the plastic off and it turns out that the box is scratched up, battered and has weird dirty marks on it.

The discs are in dreadful condition too...they're scratched and marked to hell. It's clearly a used product.

I buy DOTW stuff pretty frequently and they've always been brilliant, but this is a bit concerning.

We're sorry to hear about this - sometimes the shrinkwrap does change on the occasional item of which we have no control over. If you send us an email we'll be more than happy to send another copy which hopefully will meet your satisfaction.

*Makes note to sell season 1 part 1 Blu Ray at some point.

Very glad I resisted buying the rest of the sets during their last sale

Last edited:
Back