UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

In fairness to MVM, its Sentai who are releasing the set in America and MVM are just producing a copy. If it sold well I don't blame them though I would have preferred this when Log Horizon originally came out. I suspect Sentai regretted not releasing CE of the series. I wont be double dipping though.

I've only streamed Log Horizon thus far and I liked the first season well enough, yet to watch the second season (may tackle it after HxH) but unsure if I'd be willing to spend like £70 on it (just to be clear, I do think it's a fair price for like 50 episodes). Guess I'll wait and see what the artbox is like, I could be swayed by some nice artwork......

I'll probably pick up a copy as I currently only have Season 2 and that's just the discs due to reviewing it.

I also agree that it's a shame something like this hadn't happened sooner, especially as it hasn't been that long since season 2 was being released in parts. It's nice to know the series must have been doing well, too, as I'm really fond of it.

Definitely recommend Gantz and NHK, especially Gantz for fans of survival anime, it's one of my favourite survival anime, hoping it will get a blu ray eventually.

Is Ninja Scroll TV worth getting? I liked the film but i've heard the tv series is quite bad.

Ordered myself a copy of Gantz, been wanting it for a while and waiting for it to crop up on MVM's DOTW, but I guess that's not happening now. I only paid £14, although the condition was described as 'Acceptable', so I'll see how that goes.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but production delays have meant that some titles have been delayed (more could be confirmed):
Gate- to Jan 8th
Matoi- Jan 15th
Monster Musume- December 11th
Tenchi Mayo [SE] Feb 5th

Back