UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried contacting the Anime-On-Line support via their website? I've been waiting for a few days now without a reply.

Just got Flip Flappers LE.
It's nice, but I have a few issues.

First being the box is DVD case height, with the Blu-rays in a DVD case.
Due to this, the artbook is free to move around and fell out straight away upon me moving the shrink wrap.
Also, the artbox has the MVM logo on the front along with the age rating. Would have been much better if these were removable stickers.

Other than that, it's a nice set and the artbook is immense.

It had to happen eventually. Maybe in time it'll see more older series' getting Blu Ray releases or SD BDs possibly becoming a more common format.

Last edited:
Good riddance BD/DVD combo sets! Less hubs required in physical releases, so less packaging space and possibly less shelf space required, or more room for a book and art cards. Also then I won't mistakenly put the DVD in my Blu-ray player and start watching it any longer.

SD BD is a horrible compromise format. It can't do progressive for one thing. Since BD players are backwardly compatible, then the DVD format should be kept around for native SD content. And apparently a DVD will still work if it has the Blu-ray's anti-scratch coating applied.

EDIT: And BD players don't scale up SD content on BD, they rely on the TV to do that, where they will scale up DVDs.

Last edited:
Good riddance BD/DVD combo sets! Less hubs required in physical releases, so less packaging space and possibly less shelf space required, or more room for a book and art cards. Also then I won't mistakenly put the DVD in my Blu-ray player and start watching it any longer.
I agree this is really the problem with having DVDs included or just DVDs as a format- space. Blu Ray sets tend to take up less space but when the DVDs are chucked in the case ends up being double the size and for what? They're basically just multi-purpose coasters when you have the Blu Rays as well.

Back