UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Some sound OK. Some sound terrible! I can only assume the comments on that video praising the dub are all Americans and don't know what a decent English accent sounds like!

God... I can do a more convincing British accent than those ladies (don't want to insult) and I'm not even a "professional" voice actor. (I do voice acting in some online projects)

Like, if they wanted British accents, why not cast actresses who are British or can do a dead-on accent? It's so cringe... As someone who has actually fooled British people into thinking I am British with my accent (which I just picked up naturally from watching TV, somehow), it's hard to listen to. Oh well, Japanese as always.

I thought Seras in Helsing Ultimate was corny as hell, but I actually grew to like it.
At least Integra was played by a Brit.

I watched one English scene of Magus Bride to check the English dub, but as Chise was annoying I switched back to Japanese so didn’t get to hear the English characters.

In K-On the Movie they all sounded very mockney.

Haven't got round to Mary and the Witches Flower yet, but heard positive stuff.

Any more British based anime?

No British accents in Magus Bride.

Well, there's Emma (about the maid) but that was never dubbed.

JoJo Parts 1 and 2 have British, Italian, Spanish and German accents. They're intentionally over the top, and rather poor, but I'm okay with that, as JoJo isn't very serious (and that's the way I like it).

I thought Seras in Helsing Ultimate was corny as hell, but I actually grew to like it.
At least Integra was played by a Brit.

I watched one English scene of Magus Bride to check the English dub, but as Chise was annoying I switched back to Japanese so didn’t get to hear the English characters.

In K-On the Movie they all sounded very mockney.

Haven't got round to Mary and the Witches Flower yet, but heard positive stuff.

Any more British based anime?
Unbreakable Machine Dolls was iirc. The dub was alright but there are few Funi VAs that can pull off a British accent overall.

No British accents in Magus Bride.

Well, there's Emma (about the maid) but that was never dubbed.

JoJo Parts 1 and 2 have British, Italian, Spanish and German accents. They're intentionally over the top, and rather poor, but I'm okay with that, as JoJo isn't very serious (and that's the way I like it).
I picked up Stardust Crusaders on Blu Ray recently so I'll be interested to see how they dubbed it.

Back