UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I imported both US Blu Rays for Darker Than Black but I'd still get any kind of UK blu ray for the entire series

Same here for me except I live in the US and bought both seasons of Darker than Black on Blu-ray, but I'd double-dip and import a UK set if it released as a nice chipboard box set. I picked up a used US DVD LE box set for Gemini of the Meteor and frankensteined the Season 1 Blu-rays from that horrid Funi interoffice mail folder set and the Season 2 standard release Blu-rays into the G1 sized chipboard box, so I do at least have a makeshift Complete Series LE box set.

That's what was confusing.
The Owarimonogatari novel was published in three volumes (each of which takes place at a different point of the timeline and focuses on different characters). The Owarimonogatari anime was divided into two seasons, the first (12/13 episodes depending on whether you consider Ougi Formula to be two separate episodes or a single double episode) adapts volumes 1 (6/7 episodes) and 2 (6 episodes), while the second (7 episodes) adapts the third. The MVM releases separate the two seasons into three volumes which align with the novels again.

@Denny Fisher What Praseodimio65 said.

To put it simply although they are labelled parts 1, 2, and 3 they are three full complete arcs. The anime made it a bit more confusing by adapting 2 arcs at once (which is why we say parts 1 and 2 are season 1) but they are two seperate stories and the blu-ray releases as they are, are complete. So they actually aren't part sets for example despite the name, I hope that makes sense.

So these are dvd titles in the UK that could get blu ray upgrades eventually
Feel free to let me know if I've missed any.

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Arcana Famigilia
Baka and Test
Basilisk
Battle Girls Time Paradox
Bento
Black blood brothers
Black Butler
Black Rock Shooter
Blade of the Immortal
Bleach
Btoom!
Burst Angel
Canaan
Casshern Sins
C - Control - The Money and Soul of Possibilities
Chaos Head
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Darker than Black
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dream Eater
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
ef ~ a Tale of Melodies
ef ~ a Tale of Memories
Elemental Gelade
Flowers of Evil
Fractale
Freezing
Ga Rei Zero
Good Luck Girl
Gravitation
Guilty Crown: Complete Series
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
Guyver
hack//Quantum
Hakuoki
Heaven's Memo Pad
Heavy Object complete series
Infinite Stratos
Inu X Boku SS
Is This A Zombie
Kamisama Dolls
Kamisama Kiss: Season 1
Kokoro Connect
Last Exile
Majikoi oh Samurai girls
Mayo Chiki
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Michiko & Hatchin
My Hime
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Nabari no Ou
Needless
Negima
Night Raid
Noir
Nura Rise of the Yokai clan
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions
Oreimo
Patlabor
Pet Shop Of Horrors
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Princess Jellyfish
Rideback
Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne
Robotics;Notes complete series
ROD TV
Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen
Sailor Moon
Saiyuki Reload
Samurai 7
Sankarea Undying Love
Sekirei
Shakugan no Shana
Shiki
Slayers
So I Can't Play H
Spice and Wolf
Strike Witches
Tenchi Muyo!: Movie Collection
Tenjho Tenge
Tokyo Underground
Towano Quon
Trinity Blood
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE: Collected Memories
Tsuritama
Waiting in the Summer
We Without Wings
Witchblade
Xam'd
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gosh, this list reminded me that some of these I only have in the dvd format & not blu ray...

If thatā€™s the case, I have k-on! Both seasons on DVD. I believe it was released on blu ray in other regions. The movie which I also have was released on blu ray though.
it's allegedly being released BD this year by Manga, when no idea, it was leaked earlier and took down very quickly, with Haruhi and Clannad.
Clannad has since been revealed as being released next month, still no news on the others yet.

it's allegedly being released BD this year by Manga, when no idea, it was leaked earlier and took down very quickly, with Haruhi and Clannad.
Clannad has since been revealed as being released next month, still no news on the others yet.
Ah I see thatā€™s interesting. I have ordered Clannad, and I imported the haruhi ultimate box for a not so cheap amount so If haruhi is released here with yuki chan and haruhi chan included Iā€™m going to be livid lol.
Thanks for the heads up though. I hope k-on does get a release.

I imported the haruhi ultimate box for a not so cheap amount so If haruhi is released here with yuki chan and haruhi chan included Iā€™m going to be livid lol.
I think you're safe. As far as we're aware, the UK set will only include seasons 1 and 2, plus the movie.

(That's what the premature listing suggested, anyway.)

I think you're safe. As far as we're aware, the UK set will only include seasons 1 and 2, plus the movie.

One of my most awaited releases šŸ˜ƒ I managed to snag the US version of Season 1 & 2 and the AUS version of the movie but a UK release with everything included sounds awesome šŸ˜Ž

Yeah my preorder is of the set that contains S1,S2 and movie and yes Iā€™m buying just for the region B film. As the US S1/2 is AB anyway.
Thatā€™s true, it is. What is annoying is that nothing else is B in the set. Not haruhi chan, disappearance or yuki chan. Got a region free player but itā€™s frustrating. But that rant is for another time I suppose.. I will most likely buy the uk set anyway because anything even resembling haruhi is bought up by me lol.

I ordered the Japanese First Press Limited Edition Complete Blu-ray BOX from overseas and was curious to know what's the difference between this set and the "Super Blu-ray BOX" that released in 2016? Reckon that release comes with the movie or something?

Reference:

Back