UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Not sure if this is the best place to ask so I'll take a try since it's the company most likely to be associated with it.
Has anyone heard any news whether there will be UK releases of any of the newer Fate series titles? Obviously I expect Heaven's Feel will show up eventually when we got the first two, but I know Extra was skipped and for Aprocypha or however you spell that we got standard releases.
Has there been anything said on Babylonia or Case Files? I've given up on Extra as it's been a long time now but those two are still new, close to their US release dates, so figured it was worth checking.

Waiting game with aniplex, the usual.

It's probably down to whether Aniplex wants to license it to MVM probably. MVM didn't announce anything regarding any of those titles (yet?) sadly.

sighs
Figured. It's annoying though. I mean Extra alone has been out a while. I can understand Grand Order a bit more, I figured news might be a longshot there somewhat, but it's annoying how long Aniplex will hold onto titles before releasing and how long it can take afterwards to know if any other place gets allowed to release it too.
Like of all the things out there, with Fate's popularity it must be able to sell somewhat in the UK right? Or is it a case possibly of limiting market access to drive customers to their expensive and only available releases?

That sucks and AL don't have this problem, they got Demon Slayer pretty quick in fact. I have a lot of complaints about Aniplex (most of all their ludicrous prices, Monogatari broke me though) and here's another one for that list.

AL hasn’t got any titles that have aired since the manga takeover so I’m still predicting things like Madoka to go that way, but yes if Fate extra didn’t come over I kinda accepted to get the AoA for the rest so when I imported extra in October it was me kinda accepting that. Was it worth $140 no but I want the most complete Fate sets I can have and at least for now AoA kinda match

AL hasn’t got any titles that have aired since the manga takeover so I’m still predicting things like Madoka to go that way, but yes if Fate extra didn’t come over I kinda accepted to get the AoA for the rest so when I imported extra in October it was me kinda accepting that. Was it worth $140 no but I want the most complete Fate sets I can have and at least for now AoA kinda match
That's the boat I'm kind of in. Like I can give some titles like Grand Order and Case Files a bit of time due to them going to be new out but I'm at the point of really thinking it's time to grab Extra as it's been a long time now since it got released in the first place.

Jokes aside I'll never get a credit card.

I use mine for day to day spending but treat it like a debit card, can be better protection for online purchases and such. Have to have some self control though, but it helps that I pay off the full balance each month so it's not money to be paid back later at some future date :)

Having said that not much taking my fancy at the moment, I'll see what the weekly offer is.

Any recommendations for anime to pick up on the MVM 20% sale? 😃
If any of the Manga UK preorders take your interest, they are a great shout (Black Clover Season 2 being probably the standout in value). Otherwise, lots of the stuff are on Amazon without handling fees presumably in Sweden (if thats you of course, lots of people post here!).

Dr Stone is good. If you like My Hero Academia, there is the LE for season 4 there too.
I've watched MHA and its pretty cool but I haven't been tempted to buy it yet but maybe 🤔 Dr Stone was a favorite last season so that one is already in my collection 😊
If any of the Manga UK preorders take your interest, they are a great shout (Black Clover Season 2 being probably the standout in value). Otherwise, lots of the stuff are on Amazon without handling fees presumably in Sweden (if thats you of course, lots of people post here!).
I preordered Black Clover season 2 a while ago but I'm not sure if I got it yet? 🤔😂 Probably hasn't been released yet. Yeah, might have to start using Amazon more again so I don't have to pay the 75kr fee everytime 😅 And yeah, I'm the Swedish guy 😁 Haha

I recommend Demon girl next door if you don't have it, although it was cheaper with the pre-order discount.

Depends, if you are from EU.. it's cheaper now than on the pre order sale, thanks to VAT less.

Ends up £1 cheaper now or so, which is the money I lost by pre ordering.. super worthy it tho Machikado deserves every cent.

Back