UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Vincentdante

Death Scythe
I have not watched or read Higurashi (though I have limited snippet knowledge due to it being somewhat notoriously famous.)
Umineko can still be read without Higurashi. Though there are some dabbling references and teases left on the open. But those conversely made me get somewhat interested in Higurashi, despite I previously (some 13 years ago) swore I'd stay the hell away from it.
Why are you avoiding Higurashi just curious? It's far more vanilla than Umineko.

ale122

Hikikomori
Good evening, does anyone know if MVM will release a "collector's edition" (with the box i mean, just like those 4 in the image) of final season and the rest of the first season of Monogatari? Thanks in advance

Oldmario

Hunter
Good evening, does anyone know if MVM will release a "collector's edition" (with the box i mean, just like those 4 in the image) of final season and the rest of the first season of Monogatari? Thanks in advance
they've said in the past they want to do one but it's all down to aniplex, basically if you see one announced for the US then MVM will most likely be releasing one down the road too

praseodimio65

Completely Average High School Student
My guess is they might do a Nise + Neko Black set as that has been released in Japan, maybe they could also do a separate collectors edition of Bake. There might be a Final Season set if they do one in Japan (which I hope they do because I want a standalone soundtrack release)

Jon O Fun

Thousand Master
My guess is they might do a Nise + Neko Black set as that has been released in Japan, maybe they could also do a separate collectors edition of Bake. There might be a Final Season set if they do one in Japan (which I hope they do because I want a standalone soundtrack release)
Considering how many times the current Nise boxset has been on sale it either didn't sell well or they seriously over printed it. Either way I can't see them releasing it for a 3rd time...

ale122

Hikikomori
I hope they do, since I'd like to own all the series in the same format/"edition". Fingers crossed🤞

Stiivun

Stand User
@MVM , what can be done for orders made in 2020, but only shipped in 2021 like was the case for Dr. Stone which shipped this week?

As it stands now, it probably will get hit with custom charges and I’ll have paid VAT twice that way.

I don't really understand what you mean, but are you saying that this is just temporary?
Exactly

Loads of foreign retailers have stopped selling to the UK, because the UK now demands that they collect UK VAT at point of sale in their countries and submit it to HMRC, so HMRC doesn't have to do any of the work.

This an EU rule. It's okay for 27 countries to trade among themselves without these tax rules, and tell everyone else to collect EU tax at point of sale, but even still, the EU has deferred introducing the change for six months, probably cos of Covid. The UK had no choice but to do it as Boris hasn't recruited any of the 30,000 customs staff the UK now needs to deal with trade and extra red tape.

Robin91

Student Council President
Exactly

Loads of foreign retailers have stopped selling to the UK, because the UK now demands that they collect UK VAT at point of sale in their countries and submit it to HMRC, so HMRC doesn't have to do any of the work.

This an EU rule. It's okay for 27 countries to trade among themselves without these tax rules, and tell everyone else to collect EU tax at point of sale, but even still, the EU has deferred introducing the change for six months, probably cos of Covid. The UK had no choice but to do it as Boris hasn't recruited any of the 30,000 customs staff the UK now needs to deal with trade and extra red tape.
So hopefully in the end if everything goes well, for example if I buy something on MVM I will pay the EU VAT straight away and then I won't have to pay all the fees etc. when it gets here? Sorry but it's so confusing to me 😂