UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

thedoctor2016

Harem King
media blasters have lost all their big titles from the past 5-10 years where they were bad. Twelve kingdoms gone, Sayonara Z sensei, Squid Girl all gone. (And ofc Berserk but that has a uk release) their revival is all and good but if it was 5 years ago I’d care a lot more but hey at least I will get to own Sayonara at some point now.

Darren Skippings

Student Council President
They do seem to be quite active, Doomed megalopolis, Jubei chan 2, Shrine of the morning mist and others coming to BD is the US.
Although not the huge titles of yesteryear, Rurouni Kenshin, Twelve kingdoms and Berserk.
It is only a suggestion of a way forward, I'm sure Tony has plans for next year and onward, It's just I wouldn't mind some people getting the chance to see a different type of series, early days of MVM, it was a known channel, MB titles used to turn up with MVM, Berserk being the stand out title
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is being release by Nozomi hopefully next year, MB never actually got the go ahead to release.

CommanderZx2

School Idol
Amazon sure is quick on the draw, taking pre-orders on a product that they probably don't even know the actual price for.

It looks like it has now listed as 'currently unavailable'.

Last edited:

WMD

Dragon Knight
Any news about MVM sending out the packages from the Halloween sale? Seems like it hasn't shipped yet for me from what I can tell :)
I've recieved some stuff from it already. I didnt get any dispatch email as some stuff in my order isnt out yet so the order is still incomplete.

SkwigglesWorth

Dandy Guy, in Space
I ordered some stuff as well and it's yet to arrive, and no dispatch note either. But I ordered stuff on the 11th which I think was more towards then end of there sale so I'm probably towards the back end of the dispatch list, so your not the only one.

Robin91

I ordered some stuff as well and it's yet to arrive, and no dispatch note either. But I ordered stuff on the 11th which I think was more towards then end of there sale so I'm probably towards the back end of the dispatch list, so your not the only one.
I received my package yesterday. It came with Schenker instead of the usual Royal Mail delivery(Postnord in sweden)

MVM

MVM Representative
Industry Representative
Just for the record you'll only get a dispatch/confirmation email that items have shipped once all items on the order have shipped. So if you order a mixture of back catalogue and pre-release, you won't get a shipped/completed email until the last pre-release title has shipped.

Vincentdante

Death Scythe
Is it me or is the search bar on AOL very hit or miss. Sometimes you type in the name of an anime and nothing comes up even though it's listed if you take the effort to go through their blu-ray list to find it.

cyborg 002

School Idol
Is it me or is the search bar on AOL very hit or miss. Sometimes you type in the name of an anime and nothing comes up even though it's listed if you take the effort to go through their blu-ray list to find it.

Not just you. It's acting a bit weird for me aswell from time to time.

For example I type in Samurai, but Samurai Champloo does not come up. I type in Champloo and it's there.

Robin91

Just had the same problem. Searched for "Grimgar" and nothing showed up so searched for "Ashes" and then it popped up 😂

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight
Same happened for me with A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun. Of the relevant words only "Scientific" and "Railgun" returned results for the series (though "Scientific" only shows results for season 2). Typing "Certain" gives results for Dr Stone and Tamako Market funnily enough