UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Always a chance - The series has done fairly well. Movies tend to be more expensive hence why we tend not to do as many. We'll look into it for sure.
If you don't mind me asking, did you manage to acquire the likes of Ground Control to Psychelectric Girl and Hanasaku Iroha direct from Japan or from NIS America? If it's the latter, I wonder if there's any interest in MVM looking into getting Kimi no Todoke, Umineko: When They Cry and Yuru Yuri if they still have the rights.

Darren Skippings

Student Council President
There are plenty of other NISA titles that needed to be brought over, most have gone to the winds now, Persona trinity soul, Occult academy, Katanagatari etc, I'm sure would be more than welcome in most peoples collections over here.

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
There are plenty of other NISA titles that needed to be brought over, most have gone to the winds now, Persona trinity soul, Occult academy, Katanagatari etc, I'm sure would be more than welcome in most peoples collections over here.
Unfortunately Katanagatari, Occult Academy and Persona: Trinity Soul have reverted back to Aniplex so it may be harder for MVM to acquire at this point.

Darren Skippings

there are plenty of others, Everyday tales of a cat god, Going home club, Brave 10,
I wouldn't mind any of the NISA back catalogue that has been and gone, I know Working (Wagnaria) is no chance, since season 3 is AoA and season 1 and 2 have returned to them but there must be some that aren't Aniplex that haven't been brought over?

Oldmario

Hunter
i bet the UK home video license for Dropkick on My Devil could be pretty cheap
would even accept a kickstarter to fund the licensing so there's no loss

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight
i bet the UK home video license for Dropkick on My Devil could be pretty cheap
would even accept a kickstarter to fund the licensing so there's no loss
Doubt MVM would go for that since there's no home video release in the US especially with season 1 still exclusive to Amazon and with Sony looking to buy Crunchyroll who knows when they'll release Season 2. Not too sure what makes it a cheap license either.

Last edited:

Darren Skippings

I wonder if Media blaster titles may be a target for MVM? I know the US MB BDs are all AB but a local release wouldn't be too much of a problem, as they are releasing more BDs now, there is hope of a Genshiken BD release and I know that would sell in the UK, even without Genshiken Nidaime.
Just saying.