UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

i bet the UK home video license for Dropkick on My Devil could be pretty cheap
would even accept a kickstarter to fund the licensing so there's no loss

i bet the UK home video license for Dropkick on My Devil could be pretty cheap
would even accept a kickstarter to fund the licensing so there's no loss
Doubt MVM would go for that since there's no home video release in the US especially with season 1 still exclusive to Amazon and with Sony looking to buy Crunchyroll who knows when they'll release Season 2. Not too sure what makes it a cheap license either.

Last edited:
I wonder if Media blaster titles may be a target for MVM? I know the US MB BDs are all AB but a local release wouldn't be too much of a problem, as they are releasing more BDs now, there is hope of a Genshiken BD release and I know that would sell in the UK, even without Genshiken Nidaime.
Just saying.

media blasters have lost all their big titles from the past 5-10 years where they were bad. Twelve kingdoms gone, Sayonara Z sensei, Squid Girl all gone. (And ofc Berserk but that has a uk release) their revival is all and good but if it was 5 years ago I’d care a lot more but hey at least I will get to own Sayonara at some point now.

They do seem to be quite active, Doomed megalopolis, Jubei chan 2, Shrine of the morning mist and others coming to BD is the US.
Although not the huge titles of yesteryear, Rurouni Kenshin, Twelve kingdoms and Berserk.
It is only a suggestion of a way forward, I'm sure Tony has plans for next year and onward, It's just I wouldn't mind some people getting the chance to see a different type of series, early days of MVM, it was a known channel, MB titles used to turn up with MVM, Berserk being the stand out title
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is being release by Nozomi hopefully next year, MB never actually got the go ahead to release.

Amazon sure is quick on the draw, taking pre-orders on a product that they probably don't even know the actual price for.

It looks like it has now listed as 'currently unavailable'.

Last edited:
i guess with this and The Girl in Twilight popping up on DOTW but no sign of Cells at Work means it'll more than likely pop up in their christmas sales

Any news about MVM sending out the packages from the Halloween sale? Seems like it hasn't shipped yet for me from what I can tell :)
I've recieved some stuff from it already. I didnt get any dispatch email as some stuff in my order isnt out yet so the order is still incomplete.

Back