Movie Bargains

Winkuru

Adventurer
This section of the forum doesn't get much use but i figured i still try to get movie bargain thread going on (if there was one it's buried deep) I was inspired by current prices on German releases of those new John Carpenter bluerays. Several of them are ranging from 9-12 euros which is pretty deal. These releases should be the exactly the same as UK ones expect the covers are german (English subtitles do exist and so forth)

Assault On Precinct 13 = 8e

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008Y7XZN0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prince Of Darkness = 11.50e

Amazon.de: Einkaufsangebote: Die Fürsten der Dunkelheit - Uncut [Blu-ray]

The Fog = 10e

Amazon.de: Einkaufsangebote: The Fog - Nebel des Grauens [Blu-ray]

They Live = 11e

Amazon.de: Einkaufsangebote: Sie leben [Blu-ray]

For some reason though "They Live" isn't accepted towards the 39e free shipping sadly.

There's also older release for "In THe Mouth Of Madness" for 9 euros but it doesn't have English subtitles.

Arrow Videos have another sale going on to celebrate International Women's Day. Sale ends Monday 11 March, 12pm GMT

Asian films:
  • Audition - £7.50
  • The Bloodthirsty Trilogy - £15.00
  • Lady Snowblood & Lady Snowblood 2 - £7.50
  • Pulse - £7.50
  • The Villainess - £7.50
Examples of other films:
  • Carrie
  • Hellraiser
  • Season of the Witch

Last edited:
I’m not sure you can ever repay me for the crushing disappointment of excitedly following that link thinking they’d listed a new 4k release of the Oshii film only to be faced with Scarlett Johansson.
I apologise, though there are worse things to be faced with than Miss Johansson 😏

I still need to get a 4K player. Any decent and relatively cheap models available online?

I've got the Sony UBP-X700 and it's a great player. I wanted a player with Dolby Vision as I have an LG OLED TV. Your Samsung TV doesn't support DV so you don't necessarily need a machine with it. The Panasonic DPUB320 is £100 and gets pretty good reviews.

I’ve seen the Panasonic DP-UB391EBK for a similar price, with one or two for around £80 on eBay. I’m almost tempted to get an Xbox One S as it has 4K support and access to the Rare back catalogue.

2 reasons for getting the Xbox.
1. Halo
2. The 2nd greatest controller ever (after the N64).
😋
That's 2 reasons not to get it for me 😝
1. Don't like FPSs really and PS has a much better range of first party games.
2. The dual sticks are all wonky. I've been used to the Dual Shock for nearly 20 years now!

I'll wait for the PS5 (as long as Sony remember to put a 4K DD in!). Hopefully they will put in some kind of backwards compatiblity as well.

That's 2 reasons not to get it for me 😝
1. Don't like FPSs really and PS has a much better range of first party games.
2. The dual sticks are all wonky. I've been used to the Dual Shock for nearly 20 years now!

I'll wait for the PS5 (as long as Sony remember to put a 4K DD in!). Hopefully they will put in some kind of backwards compatiblity as well.
They’ve apparently patented backwards compatibility all the way back to the PS1, though I’ll believe it when I see it.

They’ve apparently patented backwards compatibility all the way back to the PS1, though I’ll believe it when I see it.
Yeah. I hope so, I still need to finish FFVI 😳 I brought it for the FFX demo and played it till the big twist then got stuck.
I actually haven't got too many PS1/2 games left, just FFVI-X and the 3 main GTAs (I might have the 2 "Stories from" ones in a box somewhere). Probably used the rest to trade up 1>2 and then 2>3.

I like both controllers in general but I think we can all agree that the dualshock 3 is easily the worst controller of all time!

Quite happy to wait for PS5 for my 4k player. (Assuming it has one)

Back