MCM Manchester '15 x Otakon '15 News Thread

Genuinely curious as to what Manga/Animatsu has. I wonder if they have any news on Eva 3.33. I know it's a long shot since they aren't the ones holding it back but it's been a while since an we've had an update. Would also love to hear something about the Steins;Gate movie and the 2nd series of Psycho Pass and the movie.

I think it's way too soon for that announcement. I mean, it isn't being simuldubbed or anything and it's only had about 3 episodes aired so far I think. I definitely wouldn't expect them to announce something like that until next year.

The Attack on Titan gifs make me wonder if we're going to get a release date for the live action film. It has the potential to do quite well - even The Telegraph reported on it the other day!

MCM MANCHESTER: ANIME LIMITED (SUMMARY)

New licenses:
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
- License rescue from Revelation/Funimation days
- Complete series set on DVD with Eng Dub and Jap Audio. Set in November.

Blood Blockable Battlefront
- No details on the title as of yet.

Mobile Suit Gundam franchise
- Thanks to a partnership with Sunrise.
- Starting with Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Reconguista in G.
- MSG will be on Blu-ray & DVD with Eng Dub and Jap Audio. 2 Sets in October and November.
- Recon G will be subtitle only but formats have yet to be revealed. Set 1 in December.

Ping Pong the Animation
- Complete series set on Blu-ray & DVD with Eng Dub and Jap Audio. Set in October.

Updates on existing licenses via schedule:
October 2015
- Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 [BD | DVD]
- Ping Pong the Animation [BD | DVD]
- Sword Art Online II: Phantom Bullet Part 2 [BD | DVD]

November 2015
- Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad [DVD]
- Fuse: Memoirs of a Huntress [BD | DVD]
- Mobile Suit Gundam Part 2 [BD | DVD]
- Samurai Flamenco Part 1 [BD]

December 2015
- A Letter to Momo [BD | DVD]
- Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo [BD | DVD]
- Gundam Reconguista in G Part 1 [Format TBA]
- Sword Art Online II: Caliber [BD | DVD]

TBA 2015
- Full Metal Panic! + FUMOFFU + The Second Raid! [BD | DVD]

Early 2016
- Aldnoah.Zero Season 1 [BD | DVD] ~ Andrew wants to release this before 2016 but it's likely to occur after
- The Vision of Escaflowne [BD | DVD]

britguy said:
DB Super? That's the sort of BIG announcement Manga UK would love.

I would laugh if the announcement turns out to be something that would disappoint everyone.

As for Dragon Ball Super, it's possible but not even Funimation has the rights to it yet. And speaking of Funimation, their panel starts later tonight so we could hear something about it then.

Yami said:
The Attack on Titan gifs make me wonder if we're going to get a release date for the live action film. It has the potential to do quite well - even The Telegraph reported on it the other day!

I'd say it's almost a cert given that Attack on Titan does gangbusters. I wonder if they'll dub it like the Death Note movies where they brought back the dub cast from the Anime. AoT is one of the shows that seems to transcend the niche market and gain mainstream success so I don't think they'd go for a sub only release when they're probably going to be targeting a more casual market than usual.

I wonder if Manga's big OMG will be "MORE ONE PIECE MOVIES!!"

I try not to get too excited for Manga's licenses. Animatsu could surprise though.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'd say it's almost a cert given that Attack on Titan does gangbusters. I wonder if they'll dub it like the Death Note movies where they brought back the dub cast from the Anime. AoT one of the shows that seems to transcend the niche market and gain mainstream success so I don't think they'd go for a sub only release when they're probably going to be targeting a more casual market than usual.

Everything I've heard suggests the film is radically different to the manga and anime adaptation, and several characters have been changed and/or replaced. I'd be surprised if they used the same cast, but it's FUNimation, so there's probably not too many other people they could use.

MCM MANCHESTER: MANGA UK/ANIMATSU

- We're back back back to live Tweet the Manga Entertainment and Animatsu Entertainment panel which begins in five minutes!
- We're being hyped up for the "most announcements that you've ever seen" from this panel... let's see if it lives up to that!
- The panel begins...
- Jerome Mazandarani and Andrew Hewson are here.
- First up: Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F is coming to UK cinemas!
- UK cinemas will get to see the film in September, 4 weeks after the US. All of the listings of screenings will be forthcoming soon.
- There will be a "substantial number" of screens running the film.
- If you pre-order a cinema ticket, you'll be able to get hold of one of two Limited Edition figures that aren't available elsewhere!
- Some Kaze announcements now - first up is Coppelion. This is a DVD-only release on November 2nd.
- World Conquest Zvezda Plot is a DVD only-release from Kaze on November 2nd.
- Magi: The Kingdom of Magic will be released across two parts on DVD and Blu-ray before the year is out. (*that's also KAZE*)
- Manga Entertainment have licensed Danganronpa the Animation for the UK.
- Danganronpa will be released as a DVD and Blu-ray Complete Collection on November 9th.
- Animatsu Entertainment will be releasing Bakumatsu Rock in the UK.
- Bakumatsu Rock: Samurai Jam will be arriving on 19th October.
- Manga Entertainment will be releasing Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja.
- Naruto: Road to Ninja will be released on October 12th 2015 on DVD and Blu-ray.
- The Last - Naruto the Movie has also been acquired by Manga Entertainment.
- There will be standalone Blu-ray releases of both Naruto films - Naruto movie 5 will also get a standalone Blu-ray release.
- Naruto Movie 5's standalone Blu-ray will arrive on 21st December.
- Manga Entertainment has now sold nearly half a million Naruto DVDs and Blu-rays in the UK.
- Confirmation of Noragami's Series One Collection coming to DVD and Blu-ray from MangaUK. Date is not actually finalised for this.
- Beyond the Boundary will be coming as a Complete Series Collection on DVD and Blu-ray from Animatsu Entertainment - date TBC in 2015.
- It's heavily hinted that the Beyond the Boundary films have also been licensed.
- Animatsu Entertainment see themselves as a "conduit" for releasing shows from TBS in the UK.
- Next up from Animatsu Entertainment - Garm Wars: The Last Druid, Mamoru Oshii's live-action film.
- Garm Wars: The Last Druid will arrive in Q4 2015.
- A reminder that Animatsu Entertainment have acquired the first live-action Parasyte movie now.
- First Parasyte live-action movie will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in early November.
- Final announcement now...
- This is an Animatsu Entertainment release - it's the Attack on Titan live-action movie.
- The Attack on Titan live-action film will get a theatrical release in October at lots of screens.
- Home video release of the film should appear in early 2016.
- Onto a brief Q&A session now.
- Jerome has confirmed that Animatsu and Manga do *not* have Assassination Classroom - someone else has acquired it.
- Jerome isn't looking at Kuroko's Basketball, but is interested in acquiring Haikyuu.
- No news on acquiring the latest series of Black Butler as of yet.
- Jerome isn't sure if Aniplex will work with them again in the future on their titles, but hope they hope so - it's up to Aniplex!
- Update on Evangelion 3.33? Manga are waiting on news from FUNimation Entertainment but it's intimated that the film's director is the issue.
- That's the panel over folks - thanks as always for following our coverage!!

I'm happy to get Magi on Blu-Ray again. Certainly improves on the US DVD only releases!
Although not interested in all these "anime out of game" series. Looks like KAZE is doing a lot of DVD only too. Ugh....

I wonder if Kaze's DVD only stuff is a response to poor sales on their old combo packs? Eg. Compare Copellion to the K and Un Go combo packs.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I don't think they'd go for a sub only release when they're probably going to be targeting a more casual market than usual.

Did Death Note get a dubbed theatrical release? Live action dubbing is unusual here, and I'd imagine that any "casual market" would get put off by the obvious discrepencies between what they see on screen and the audio track. Meanwhile, subbed Asian films can do quite well in cinemas - see 13 Assassins, for example.

NormanicGrav said:
- Animatsu Entertainment see themselves as a "conduit" for releasing shows from TBS in the UK.

What a bizarre statement to make, given Anime Limited has two TBS shows this season...

If this is some kind of official partnership, it's either very new or not very good.

Back