MCM Manchester '15 x Otakon '15 News Thread

Elaniel said:
I am now expecting nothing less than my most wanted titles to be announced!

They should have a joint panel, the centre piece being an arm wrestle over the licensing rights to Evangelion......please win AL....! :D

Really looking forward to some Gundam news. Although it's likely re the new series, or recent ones, I'd love some classic Gundam news - Turn A is most likely given previous comments, which I'd be delighted with.

Yes, some classic Gundam would be appreciated.

I think the rights to Evangelion would need something more intense than just an arm wrestle... it's EVA!
Perhaps some cage fighting, or a synchronized dance battle to classical music between each team (akin to episode 9)

OTAKON: MANGAGAMER

New licenses:
- Kindred Spirits on the Roof
- Princess Evangile W Happiness (uncut version on MG's site, all-ages version on Steam)
- The Shadows of Pygmalion (all-ages game)
- Supipara chapter 1 (all-ages game)
- Tokyo Babel

Notes:
- Tokyo Babel and The Shadows of Pygmalion mark the company's first releases with its new partnership with propeller.

MCM MANCHESTER: ANIME LIMITED

All text below are tweets taken from UK Anime Network, because they are the only ones who can get the info out there fast.

- News and announcement time..
- First up, talk of a partnership with Sunrise...
- (That was Andrew jumping the gun by the way, we've gone back to talk about the Ping Pong acquisition now)
- Back to Sunrise now, Anime Limited are partnering with Sunrise to release Gundam series, starting with Mobile Suit Gundam on Blu-ray in Q4.
- More details to follow, but Mobile Suit Gundam will be released on Blu-ray with English and Japanese audio and English subtitles.
- The Mobile Suit Gundam release will see its 43 episodes split across two sets, with the first part arriving in Q4.
- This isn't the only Gundam series you'll be seeing from Anime Limited... expect some special events and news at London Comic Con.
- Here's the slide chronicling that announcement...
CKwJt7RWoAAhckl.jpg

- Next up, Anime Limited have acquired Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad for the UK. Coming to DVD in November
- Beck will be released as a complete series collection with English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.
- The Anime Limited announcement slide for you:
CKwKhJcWIAAHTVJ.jpg

- One more announcement: Blood Blockade Battlefront is coming to the UK from Anime Limited.
- Here's a key visual from the show up on-screen:
CKwLIMaWwAAR28f.jpg

- Q4 line-up talk now: Ping Pong and Sword Art Online II Part 2 and Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 are scheduled from October.
- November 2015: Beck, Mobile Suit Gundam Part 2, Samurai Flamenco and Fuse are scheduled for this month.
- Samurai Flamenco is confirmed as a Blu-ray only, subtitle-only release over two volumes.
- December 2015: Gundam: Reconguista in G Part 1 (which is also subtitle-only).
- Also in December 2015: Gankutsuo: The Count of Monte Cristo, which will have a steel box edition.
- Sword Art Online II Part 3 and A Letter to Momo are also expected to land in December.
- Also, all of Full Metal Panic will arrive before the year is out. Whether an Ultimate Edition is possible is still being looked into.
- Onto an audience Q&A now....
- The first question is about Index and Railgun. The sound that you hear is me banging my head against a solid object.
- A question on Gundam: Andrew stated that Sunrise want to release as much of Gundam as possible in the west.
- We've been talking about Jeremy Graves crossplaying as Asuna from Sword Art Online....
- Will Anime Limited do more Steelbooks - the problem is that there's no room for artbooks and the like, so it depends on the product.
- Confirmation that Gangsta. is a single cour show.
- Confirmation that Anime Limited have acquired Aldnoah.Zero - they're waiting on Aniplex USA to see what release strategy is possible.
- Andrew would like to get the first part of Aldnoah.Zero out before the end of the year.
- There's also no news on release strategy for Durarara!! x2 yet either, for similar reasons.
- Baccano is also still in progress for its UK release - it hasn't been forgotten!
- Escaflowne is tentatively slated for early 2016, Anime Limited are still looking into how to handle the Director's Cut of the series.
- Blood Blockade Battlefront was a challenge to acquire, but Andrew really wanted it as a show he liked and wants to do a cool edition of.
- Andrew is also still really keen on Death Parade, but no news along those lines at present!
- Some quick chatter about Anime Limited title Miss Hokusai now.
- What would say is your coolest addition to an Anime Limited release? Andrew: The book included in the Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition.
- Any chance of an Assassination Classroom license? Andrew is a fan of the series, so you never know!
- Our own question to close: Are we in an anime industry "bubble"? Andrew: "We've been in one for about 18 months now"
- The UK industry is sheltered from that bubble bursting as release are spread across distributors, and everyone cares about the industry.
- The bubble has arguably burst in China already due to the recent banning of some high profile works.
- China was paying more to license series than every other non-Japanese territory combined until recently!
- The hope is that any bubble will deflate slowly rather than bursting suddenly.

NormanicGrav said:
MCM MANCHESTER: ANIME LIMITED

All text below are tweets taken from UK Anime Network, because they are the only ones who can get the info out there fast.

- News and announcement time..
- First up, talk of a partnership with Sunrise...
- (That was Andrew jumping the gun by the way, we've gone back to talk about the Ping Pong acquisition now)

Does that mean Dirty pair?! :)

43 episodes...so that must mean that AL are including episode 15 - which is confirmed to be absent from the US release?!

Revelation never finished the UK release of Beck right? Glad to see a complete UK release. It's amazing, I highly recommend it!

A shame that Reconguista in G isn't getting a dub, but considering how unintelligible that show is, and how badly it was received, it doesn't surprise me at all. Will definitely be buying it though.

Really surprised about Beck - saves me from having to try and find old second hand copies of the old UK volumes. Hopefully this will be a nice, new transfer too, even if it is DVD only.

Hmm, slightly disconcerting that FMP Ultimate Edition has now been downgraded to "possible" and "being looked in to" wasn't it pretty much confirmed before?

I'm glad they've at least confirmed all of FMP will be out before the end of 2015 though - I was getting worried about that.

My poor wallet! So many Q4 titles!

Happy to hear about original Gundam Blu-Ray and getting Reconguista.
It would be wonderful if we could get some artboxes to store the parts in.

I was a little iffy on Beck after watching a few episodes, so that may be on my "wait" list (the first AL title to be on there!)
Blood Blockade Battlefront is a guaranteed purchase from me. The show was excellent.

Disappointed to hear the FMP Ultimate Edition may be off the table, but presume that would be due to no artbook being permitted by licensors.

Nothing out of the new announcements that interests me aside from Blood Blockade Battlefront. Oh well. I hope the other Gundam titles they announce in the future are newer. Seed piqued my interest in Gundam but I really don't want to watch the 80's ones. Glad to hear that FMP is still coming out this year but the fact they said it may no longer be an Ultimate Edition is a little sad.

Q4 is looking mad for AL right now, 11 releases in 3 months and then FMP in some form or another too, and that's before you factor in the likes of Psychic School Wars and Baccano unless they're pushed back.

Just FYI As of the 16th July this was the status of FMP Ultimate Edition, so maybe we're jumping the gun a bit with the disappointment.

Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition Blu-ray: we know a lot of you are very excited for this and in fairness we have been quiet about this for a while, but you’ll happy to hear that things are progressing nicely with what we’re wanting to achieve for this release. We’re still finalising details so we don’t want to jump the gun before everything is locked down in case something comes up but I can confirm the plan is for it to be released later this year and as we’ve mentioned before it will include all three seasons (Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu and The Second Raid.) We’re hoping to be able to start sharing details of what you can expect within the next few weeks.

I notice the conspicuous absence of an episode count for Blood Blockade Battlefront - Wonder if that means it's already been given more episodes, but they can't tell us yet?

Also, when it was announced we were explicitly told Aldnoah.Zero had been confirmed for 2 12-episode releases, I wonder if Aniplex USA is screwing them around or something? If it's any more than 2 parts they can bugger off, it's simply not worth it...

Back