Fixed that for you. :)

If that's what it is, then I'll say right here and now that THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON WHO CLAIMS TO LOVE ANIME WHO SHOULD NOT PICK UP THAT SHOW.

(As you may guess, I'm a bit of a fan.)
Not heard of that one before.

Re: Oh! Edo Rocket

Not heard of that one before.

Which is why I make a big song and dance about hyping it up. I REALLY want to get a review of it sorted for my Youtube channel, but it's a surprisingly tough show to write about. Probably because I actually like it.

It's based on a play written by the same guy who wrote Gurren Lagann. And it's completely mental, in the very best way. It's about a kid living in Tenpo era Edo, who dreams of making amazing fireworks for the good of the people. And in the middle of this, two shape-shifting aliens arrive. Result: ANARCHY.

The show doesn't so much break the fourth wall as climb into a bulldozer with TNT strapped to the scoop and start mauling huge chunks out of it. The dub is godlike, with a set of UNUSUALLY good comic performances from Funimation regulars. The art style is gorgeous and it's easily the best show I've seen this year. Which is saying something, as I saw it back in February, I think. Ialready want to watch it again. And if MVM or anyone else released it here, I'd buy it day one in a heartbeat. Even if it DID come at a ridiculous price. It's just that good.

Oedo Rocket is the original Japanese title so technically you weren't wrong (the way it's rendered in English is just a cute stylisation)...

R

Re: Oh! Edo Rocket

Which is why I make a big song and dance about hyping it up. I REALLY want to get a review of it sorted for my Youtube channel, but it's a surprisingly tough show to write about. Probably because I actually like it.

It's based on a play written by the same guy who wrote Gurren Lagann. And it's completely mental, in the very best way. It's about a kid living in Tenpo era Edo, who dreams of making amazing fireworks for the good of the people. And in the middle of this, two shape-shifting aliens arrive. Result: ANARCHY.

The show doesn't so much break the fourth wall as climb into a bulldozer with TNT strapped to the scoop and start mauling huge chunks out of it. The dub is godlike, with a set of UNUSUALLY good comic performances from Funimation regulars. The art style is gorgeous and it's easily the best show I've seen this year. Which is saying something, as I saw it back in February, I think. Ialready want to watch it again. And if MVM or anyone else released it here, I'd buy it day one in a heartbeat. Even if it DID come at a ridiculous price. It's just that good.

Thanks, sounds like something I'd like to check out :) . I guess Funi don't have the UK rights since it's not on their UK site.

Back