MCM London Comic Con October 2015 Announcements

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

I'm quite looking forward to some stuff actually.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season One
Durarara!! X2's
Makoto Shinkai: Voices Of A Distant Star / Place Promised In Our Early Days
Miss Hokusai
Terror In Resonance
Beck (if it comes out on BD, not sure about the DVD)
Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo

Basically almost everything from Anime Limited despite Eva 3.33.

Now I'm really curious about Funimation plans for the UK, I do hope they start releasing stuff in here (i'm in Portugal actually lol) which means a lot of new content might start coming to the UK. More offer, more sales maybe.... it depends though.. less import, more internal sales... wait.. this is another topic...

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Next: Sunrise Panel 12:00pm this Sunday

I've already got Haruhi on DVD from Beez and the first Jap BD set, but depending on how Anime Limited package it I might buy season one again. Because at the end of the day, it's Haruhi.

SNAFU season two excites me, if it gets a release date sooner than the US I'll go for it - if not then I'm importing as I have Sentai's season one release.
Humanity is Declined is a purchase depending on the price, I enjoyed the series when it aired.
Will more than likely pick up My Love Story as well.

I'm still not completely decided on getting the Beck set, a Blu-ray version would make harder to resist.

It'd be interesting to see if anything would happen with the movie and second season of Haruhi if the Anime Limited Blu-ray is successful. I think Manga/Animatsu made a comment about being willing to sub-license things to Anime Limited, though who knows how practical that would be. Perhaps it'd be more likely that they'd just use the opportunity to release Blu-ray versions themselves.

Nothing of interest to me in the new announcements, but I'm down for Terror in Resonance, Miss Hokusai and the Makoto Shinkai set (I've lost hope for the complete Shinkai set now).

And I'll continue to weep that Garm Wars will be widely available while Oshii's Angel's Egg and Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer aren't

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread but they also said that they were looking at the possibility of making The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star a steelbook release. They've got some time to burn to iron out the last few issues with the release and were considering filling that time with the work to get it into a steelbook. No confirmation though just a possibility at this stage.

I wouldn't go as far as saying booed. But there was a loud collective groan every time it became apparent that a particular release would be Kaze...

msgeek said:
Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread but they also said that they were looking at the possibility of making The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star a steelbook release. They've got some time to burn to iron out the last few issues with the release and were considering filling that time with the work to get it into a steelbook. No confirmation though just a possibility at this stage.

I referenced it in the Panel news, I guess no one in the forum was interested. As long as it's not a 'Steelcase' then I'm fine with it.

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Anime Ltd "Stay tuned for more announcements from us later today!"

When do people think MVM will annouce there things as I expect a UBW RD will be ANNOUCED as Hanabee has gave there's

Re: MCM Comic Con October 2015 Announcements - Anime Ltd "Stay tuned for more announcements from us later today!"

MVMs fate BDs are going to have to be the aniplex discs like the ones hanabee are putting out I think. Say if the the RRP is £70 and it's sold for around £50 then I would be very happy to buy UBW start of next year, even if the show isn't the best it still looks really pretty.

I was thinking those announcements seemed a little underwhelming given we were told that they were saving big announcements until MCM London...

Buzz201 said:
I was thinking those announcements seemed a little underwhelming given we were told that they were saving big announcements until MCM London...

I would argue that Haruhi is a big one. But I agree there needs to be bigger ones - like I don't know Mushishi, Planetes or perhaps Rurouni Kenshin.

NormanicGrav said:
I would argue that Haruhi is a big one. But I agree there needs to be bigger ones - like I don't know Mushishi, Planetes or perhaps Rurouni Kenshin.
I would be thrilled with any of those 3. :thumb:

I do think Haruhi is a big pick up too, I'm not sure what it is tbh (I always though it was just another harem show for some reason), but I'll probably give it a go, people on my twitter seemed hyped enough about it.

I can't think of anything other than NGE blu rays that would really blow me out of the water myself. Another nice surprise would be FMA blu rays. Not sure on the licensing situation on that one but I think it would be possible for AL to get BD rights if they managed to get Baccano. I know it's probably unlikely but hey, I can dream. I'd also put Nichijou and Shirobako on that unlikely list too.

Back