MangaUK to make big announcements soon

Paradox295 said:
Joshawott said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
MangaUK might have One Piece and Dragonball? All big five Shonen shows...

dun....Dun....DUUUUUUUN.
They desperately need them given Bleach and Naruto are ending/should have ended two years go.
Well, while the Bleach anime is ending this month in Japan and the Naruto manga is ending this year, it could still take a good 2-3 years (maybe more, knowing Viz) for all of that to come out over here.

But yeah, they do need new big headliners now - especially since we don't even know if FUNimation are going to get beyond episode 48 of Fairy Tail.
This been confirmed?
There was something about it floating around late last year (MangaUK even posted it on their Facebook if I remember correctly).

Being up to date with the series as well...it definitely is ending this year. The Shinobi World War arc is definitely reaching its conclusion. Once Itachi vs Kabuto and Five Kage vs Madara is wrapped up, that just leaves Naruto, Killer Bee, Kakashi & Guy vs Tobi and the Tailed Beasts, then resolving Sasuke's plot left. As it stands, Sasuke is known to be witnessing Itachi's fight with Kabuto, so even that might end quickly..

Last edited by a moderator:
That should work out a fair bit cheaper than the US release, which is on four sub-only DVDs at $30 each from TRSI (or £29 each from UP). I don't know much about the show, and there's probably a good reason for that, but maybe I'll give it a look.

Mace20de said:
Just Passing Through said:
Looks as if Manga are releasing Blue Exorcist, sub only...

.... and DVD only -.-'. Guess, I'm picking up my local release, KazeGermany releases the show on BD/DVD + dub.
Even if Manga were to announce a BD, it would only end up being canceled. Considering the number of episodes and it's sub only.

Well looks like we can say for certain now that one of these announcements is going to be Dragon Ball Z. Toei themselves have let the cat out of the bag and released a statement on the Toei Europe site. It's a shame that it looks like it will end up being the orange brick release. Although i have all of the region 1 Dragon Boxes already, it would have been nice if the belated UK release was the so called definitive version of the series on DVD. Ah well.

Source: http://www.daizex.com

reborn said:
Mace20de said:
Just Passing Through said:
Looks as if Manga are releasing Blue Exorcist, sub only...

.... and DVD only -.-'. Guess, I'm picking up my local release, KazeGermany releases the show on BD/DVD + dub.
Even if Manga were to announce a BD, it would only end up being canceled. Considering the number of episodes and it's sub only.
Yeah, and who's fault was that? I certainly don't remember the genreal public canceling FMA: Brotherhood two volumes in or only releaseing one half season of a two half season series twice over.

Aaron said:
I like the Blue Exorcist manga, but sub-only? No thanks...that's really disappointing. =/

Anime with jap audio thats the all purpose of it. I dont see anime just because i like the action, characters among other stuff. I see anime too because i just love to hear japanese. :lol:

Anyway, the audio jap its the way the series its suppose to be seen.

Thats my opinion but i respect everyones who love to see it in english.

Unfortunately Blue Exorcist hasn't been dubbed into English; the US release from Aniplex is sub-only as well. I'm of the opinion that sub-only is better than nothing, though I'm not all that interested in this particular show.

There is one title that I would very much like Manga UK to release, which I am very surprised that they have not released it beforehand, and that is Robot Carnival. It is one of my all time favourite anime titles which shows various robot short stories featuring different character design and animation styles from various anime character designers and directors, which fully deserves a UK release for UK anime fans to experience. I know there is a english dubbed version by Streamline Pictures, perhaps Manga UK could release it on DVD or Blu-Ray even, with the original Japanese language version as well as the Streamline Pictures english dubbed version?

I've seen the first episode and it was nice. Im looking foward to see the rest and if i like it, i'll buy when manga uk releases it.

ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, and who's fault was that? I certainly don't remember the genreal public canceling FMA: Brotherhood two volumes
Have you forgotten the general public voting with their wallets by NOT BUYING IT?

Shiroi Hane said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, and who's fault was that? I certainly don't remember the genreal public canceling FMA: Brotherhood two volumes
Have you forgotten the general public voting with their wallets by NOT BUYING IT?
Not that Manga gave the public any chance to correct before yanking FMA:B. They never gave themselves a chance to succed with Blu Ray. Only every opotunity to fall flat on thier **** time and again.

If I was cynical, I'd say they wanted Blu Ray anime to fail so they could find an excuse to pap out DVD only releases to skimp on money

At the point they decided to cancel it they'd sold 700 copies of the first volume, and we know they had to make at least 3000 copies. With any multi-volume release sales drop off volume on volume so each successive volume would sell even less over the same period.

I feel like we've had this conversation several times already, but Manga must have know cancelling a series mid-way through on a new format (their first long running series in said new format at that - surely bound to have low sales figures anyway due to the fact that it was the first) would ruin consumer confidence in their ability to deliver future BD releases. Judging by the Xam'd, Casshern Sins, K-On and Disappearance of Haruhi fiascos which have followed in the wake of the cancellation of FMA:B, they seem only too happy to prove what little confidence people have in them in this regard correct.

If they thought anime on BD in the UK was going to fail after FMA:B and had said "Sorry folks, BD not really viable for UK releases" that would have been one thing. Disappointing, yes. Frustrating, yes. But not on the same level as failing repeatedly to deliver scheduled BD releases after that point. I don't hate Manga. I don't think they're entirely useless. But the way they have dealt with Blu-ray releases so far has been absolutely terrible beyond any and all excuses.

Back