MangaUK to make big announcements soon

A lot of the other failures followed quite quickly afterwards. Some may have been too far along to cancel before release. They also may not have taken one failure as a sign that everything will fail - Xam'd had less volumes than FMA:B for example and they were still on the learning curve as far as TV blu-ray goes.

Manga are not this poor little domestic distributor for whom the release of the remaining BD volumes in the cancelled series' would have spelt doom; they are a subsiduary of a large muli-national corporation. If we are to believe the statement put out by Jerome after the cancellations then it's implied that parent company Starz were the ones being money grubbing bastards with no concern for their customers (or reputation) rather than Manga UK themselves (as Jerome said that he wanted to see the series' finished).

But if the parent company really has that much say over what Manga do then such apologies (which amount to "sorry we have to shaft you, it was the man upsairs who made the descision and there's no guarantee he won't do it again") mean very little. Like a mafia enforcer apologising before he breaks your legs for the boss - You can choose to blame whoever you like but the end result is the same.

Ya know what? I kinda want Manga to throw a curve ball and anouce that they've got the rights and a TV airing for Sgt. Frog.

Just for something out there, really.

I come back online after not having the internet for a week and I hear MangaUK are doing a sub-only release with Blue Exorcist? Wow...did the world's internet service actually blow up and I've now been warped into opposite land, where we do have internet and MangaUK do sub-only releases?

No wait, they sorta unannounced it...guess my parallel world theory is iffy atm.

I shall have to create Xanadu then; a world that is a copy of this one, just better. Brb, making a deal with the Snake of the Festival.

I do like Blue Exorcist, but the last set of episodes were so fecking stupid Satan falling in love with a human woman?! and Bon's stupid mirror plan WORKING?! that I'd prefer to buy a barebones, cheap release xD (as pretty as the AniplexUSA posters are...).

Last edited by a moderator:
ConanThe3rd said:
Ya know what? I kinda want Manga to throw a curve ball and anouce that they've got the rights and a TV airing for Sgt. Frog.

Just for something out there, really.

Oh now that's something I'd love to see. But realistically would it work?, the dub relies on a lot of understanding of American pop culture to get the humour in it...then again Family Guy does the same thing and that's popular over here, argubally more than The Simpsons

As much as I would fecking love Sgt. Frog, haven't MangaUK said in the past that they are hesitant about it? Also, what channel would show it?

Also, I want to see what this release that explains why they've been acting weird for the last six months is...

Joshawott said:
As much as I would ******* love Sgt. Frog, haven't MangaUK said in the past that they are hesitant about it? Also, what channel would show it?

Also, I want to see what this release that explains why they've been acting weird for the last six months is...
Manga have a massive hate on for comedy it seems. They ademently refuse to release Kenichi the Strongest Disciple even though that did crazy mad bank for Funi and they got the licence for it, though that might be a "Jerome doesn't known when to fu**ing well shut up" licence and they are sure as hell taking their sweet time releasing Baka and Test even though It was the more successful of the two for funi out of that and Dance in the Vampire Bund AFAIK.

Yeah, the Sgt. Frog dub does take things in a somewhat blue direction and I'm sure no station has the balls to do anything except air ****** dramadies and "reality" shows any more (even the last season of Doctor Who was a load of Dingo's Kidneys and do I need to repeat what happened to Inazuma Eleven in-spite the fact that the country might as well be called The United Kingdom of Football?)

Like I said, it's Manga's call to prove me wrong.

Manga hate almost every show that isn't a generic shonen or one of the "moe girls looking forlorn under cherry blossoms" that they often criticise (or pretend to? =3).

I mean sure, that stuff sells so why not release it...but I want more variety sometimes.

devilrules666 said:
Looks like they are getting Bakuman through Kaze. That must be one of the six.
Doubt it. These will most likely be things they picked up themselves.

I think when Kaze picks something up, Manga aren't involved and they just get told "Hey, distribute this for us please, bud?".

There are BDs in Japan. BDs were expected in America but MB ran out of money (i.e. not enough people bought the DVDs, usual story) and the whole release has stalled.

This would be a good use of the stupid region locking which usually works against us.

R

devilrules666 said:
Looks like they are getting Bakuman through Kaze. That must be one of the six.

Kaze are announcing there stuff for rest of 2012/Early 2013 at London MCM Expo in May, so I Believe we will hear something about it there possibly?!

Back