MangaUK to make big announcements soon

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
MangaUK are teasing on Twitter that they have some big announcements to make very soon.

Judging from recent tweets, I imagine Puella Magi Madoka Magica has a strong chance of being one of them...or maybe even the cursed Dragonball Z xD.

FMA OVAs? Meh.

My guesses? Uh, DBZ, since that's almost guaranteed.

Panty and Stockin' wit Gartizzle since Funi got home distro recently.

K-On!! Season 2 Maybe?

And, uh, I'm throwing in Gintama The Movie on BD for good measure..

It will be Fractale after all and we'll all be left confused and on our toes...

Hoping for something weird and different rather than a bunch of hand-me-downs from elsewhere, but I'm not expecting anything.

JustPa means the newer FMA OAVs, branded as FMA Brotherhood, not the ones which are already on sale ;)

R

Rui said:
JustPa means the newer FMA OAVs, branded as FMA Brotherhood, not the ones which are already on sale ;)

R
We need those as well. Get them and the Brotherhood OVAs and put it in one package?

That reminds me of one of the FUNimation Live Q&As. When Rojas was asked about why FUNimation keeps on licensing fanservice shows, his response was: "Because you keep buying it!"

Couldn't stop laughing about that for weeks.

I'd love it if they've got Wagnaria.

71qtlu.jpg

If we are throwing all sorts of random series around like it's going out of fashion, then I want Digimon and Usagi Drop

Ian Wolf said:
I'm suspecting K-On!, Hetalia, Madoka Magica, and at a push Mirai Nikki (although that's probably too early).

That One's Kaze (Though definitely true that were nowhere near any dates for it anytime soon!)

Joshawott said:
That reminds me of one of the FUNimation Live Q&As. When Rojas was asked about why FUNimation keeps on licensing fanservice shows, his response was: "Because you keep buying it!"

Couldn't stop laughing about that for weeks.

I was thinking about that just randomly the other day for some reason, Can't remember Why?

Paradox295 said:
VoxPhantom said:

71qtlu.jpg
It's sub only, isn't it?
They have previously teased about Blue Exorcist and when I asked them about it, as it's sub-only, they said that at this stage they can't turn down a good series due to it being sub-only.

Joshawott said:
Paradox295 said:
VoxPhantom said:

71qtlu.jpg
It's sub only, isn't it?
They have previously teased about Blue Exorcist and when I asked them about it, as it's sub-only, they said that at this stage they can't turn down a good series due to it being sub-only.

Well I'm hoping that since they have dubbed stuff in the past that the USA have just released as sub (GITS 2 Innocence for one if i remember correctly) that they will see sence and dub it, they could team up with Madman and split the cost :roll: :roll: nice thought eh??

Didn't Manga previously state on Twitter that the cost of dubbing is too expensive and not worth it even if it was in partnership with the likes of Madman?

What I would consider big:
- Madoka, Dragonball Z
- Blue Exorcist sub only release
- Possible UK exclusives (sub only)

I think the third one can be instantly ruled out, while the second one has a chance of happening. With the first one, considering everything that has been hinted at, I guess we can consider the chances of these happening as high. Maybe a possible Anime On Demand title too for release.

reborn said:
Didn't Manga previously state on Twitter that the cost of dubbing is too expensive and not worth it even if it was in partnership with the likes of Madman?
It's not possible just with UK sales (back when they regularly did their own dubs in the UK they were depending on US sales also), but they're dubbing Welcome to the Space Show in partnership with Japan (they way I understand it the dub is being part financed by the Japanese who will bundle it with the title in other countries like the US)

Shiroi Hane said:
reborn said:
It's not possible just with UK sales (back when they regularly did their own dubs in the UK they were depending on US sales also), but they're dubbing Welcome to the Space Show in partnership with Japan (they way I understand it the dub is being part financed by the Japanese who will bundle it with the title in other countries like the US)
Interesting. Does that mean British VAs or am I being overly optimistic?

Back