MangaUK to make big announcements soon

Hope they will announce some good stuff though Im sure they will announce crap stuff like "not so good" titles. NSTC has so much good stuff still here we only receive a quarter of what they have overthere.

I would like to see some action anime to compensate the girl stuff that is overwhelming anime nowadays.

bakum4tsu said:
sorry didnt see :\

glad they're releasing the first movie too from fma. It was good. I'll get them both then. :)

I actually don't want them to release the first movie on Blu-ray.

For one thing, it's ridiculously cheap to import. You can get the Funimation BD, which is Region A and B for less than a tenner. There's no way that Manga will find the economy of scale to compete with that. And everytime they get burned on a Blu-ray release, that decreases the likelihood of them releasing more in the future.

The second thing is that Conqueror of Shamballa is a direct sequel to the first series, it concludes that storyline. Without the first series it's just a collection of pretty action scenes with no emotional weight, and without the first series available to buy in the UK, it's really only going to appeal to UK fans who have seen or own the first series, most of them will have the movie on DVD, so you have to persuade them to double dip.

I think the first film is pretty poor too... It's been previously available here twice, I think as you say I'd focus on rereleasing the originals eries itself before rereleasing the film again. Any word on them licensing the OVAs?

Just Passing Through said:
bakum4tsu said:
sorry didnt see :\

glad they're releasing the first movie too from fma. It was good. I'll get them both then. :)

I actually don't want them to release the first movie on Blu-ray.

For one thing, it's ridiculously cheap to import. You can get the Funimation BD, which is Region A and B for less than a tenner. There's no way that Manga will find the economy of scale to compete with that. And everytime they get burned on a Blu-ray release, that decreases the likelihood of them releasing more in the future.

The second thing is that Conqueror of Shamballa is a direct sequel to the first series, it concludes that storyline. Without the first series it's just a collection of pretty action scenes with no emotional weight, and without the first series available to buy in the UK, it's really only going to appeal to UK fans who have seen or own the first series, most of them will have the movie on DVD, so you have to persuade them to double dip.

I just want the dvd version so bd doesnt matter for me. If i can have region B over A, i can wait for a price drop. No problem. Im not that type that once it comes out, im gonna buy it. Regarding the region, unless the region A is far superior, i prefer always to buy region B.

And you're right when you say it doesnt make sense to release the first movie when the first serie isnt available anymore and because its a sequel. Anyway, i'll buy it once it gets too cheap.

devilrules666 said:
Am i the only one who wonders what happened to mangas release of shiki? Looks like i am buying the funi version instead then.
Still on-going? It's not like funi's version is out yet iirc, so Manga are hopefully playing it safe.

Just checked May, so if it's to release like 2 months later - I guess we'll likely hear more in the next few weeks.

Hmm from what they said to him it might be one of the shows. For me it doesnt matter since its a never ending anime and i dont collect stuff like that.

I wish they could release the second season of sengoku basara with a special box that we could fit he first season like funimation is doing in some series.

Manga uk said that the second season wasnt in their plans but a few weeks ago they said something positive about it so who knows if that isnt one of the names that will be announced march 31? 8)

If they do finally release One Piece then they finally can start having my money again. If not then I'll only buy on the really cheap.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
MangaUK might have One Piece and Dragonball? All big five Shonen shows...

dun....Dun....DUUUUUUUN.
They desperately need them given Bleach and Naruto are ending/should have ended two years go.
Well, while the Bleach anime is ending this month in Japan and the Naruto manga is ending this year, it could still take a good 2-3 years (maybe more, knowing Viz) for all of that to come out over here.

But yeah, they do need new big headliners now - especially since we don't even know if FUNimation are going to get beyond episode 48 of Fairy Tail.

Joshawott said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
MangaUK might have One Piece and Dragonball? All big five Shonen shows...

dun....Dun....DUUUUUUUN.
They desperately need them given Bleach and Naruto are ending/should have ended two years go.
Well, while the Bleach anime is ending this month in Japan and the Naruto manga is ending this year, it could still take a good 2-3 years (maybe more, knowing Viz) for all of that to come out over here.

But yeah, they do need new big headliners now - especially since we don't even know if FUNimation are going to get beyond episode 48 of Fairy Tail.
This been confirmed?

Back