MangaUK license announcements ...

Just Passing Through said:
A winking smiley was used in this tweet about the Ninja Scroll Blu-ray.

Excited about the Japanese Blu-ray release of #NinjaScroll? It's $100. My advice, don't rush out to import it just yet. ;)

Such shy coyness! It really worked with the Dragonball Z announcement...
My Advise? Run, run to your local importers and buy it. Buy it the hell now. If he had his way, he'd have customs block imports with extreme disk snapping prejudice.

ConanThe3rd said:
Just Passing Through said:
A winking smiley was used in this tweet about the Ninja Scroll Blu-ray.

Excited about the Japanese Blu-ray release of #NinjaScroll? It's $100. My advice, don't rush out to import it just yet. ;)

Such shy coyness! It really worked with the Dragonball Z announcement...
My Advise? Run, run to your local importers and buy it. Buy it the hell now. If he had his way, he'd have customs block imports with extreme disk snapping prejudice.

Such paranoia, Conan! There's no one on Earth who would condone such anti-consumer policies... in any field of entertainment.

Oh... :roll:

ConanThe3rd said:

First off, it's spelled 'advice'. Second, let's not be too hasty here. I kinda want to see what Jerome's talking about with Ninja Scroll.

theirsbailiff said:
ConanThe3rd said:

First off, it's spelled 'advice'. Second, let's not be too hasty here. I kinda want to see what Jerome's talking about with Ninja Scroll.
Spoiler: It's going to involve calling everyone a twat.

ConanThe3rd said:
Spoiler: It's going to involve calling everyone a twat.

How the hell did I know your reply would be something like that?

Anyway, from what I'm gathering on their twitter page, Jerome's hinting a Bakuman release, complaining about theatre chain execs allowing mobile phones to be used in the cinema, we're still not getting that Panty & Stocking BD release unless the holdback is removed or something and like what reevo said, they're thinking of a complete BD/DVD pack for Madoka.

As for Ninja Scroll, well spoiler alert:Jerome hasn't seen the BD version of it yet. Also, Twitter's a bitch to use on these forums.

EDIT: Also, Here's an interview Jerome did.

Last edited by a moderator:
VoxPhantom said:
theirsbailiff said:

:lol:

He dressed up for the occasion, clearly.

So that's what Jerome looks like, I always envisioned him to look like a more Crazier/Hipper version of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for some weird reason, you Learn something new each Day.

We are definitely still a good couple years away from Ninja Scroll BR, I think a few people here wouldn't mind seeing it on a slightly bigger screen first ;)

To be honest, after seeing a couple of pictures on Twitter, I was convinced Jerome was going to be a dead ringer for Stephen Mangan.

Stephen-Mangan--001.jpg

He looks like a very awkward chap. Like he probably struggled to make friends when he was younger. Which is strange seeing how his Manga PR guy.

Really? He always comes off as an effortlessly sociable type to me (in person and on Twitter). He tries to joke around with people who plainly dislike him, either not caring about or not noticing their reactions. I thought it was his strong point as a marketing person, even if it drives me nuts.

R

Rui said:
Really? He always comes off as an effortlessly sociable type to me (in person and on Twitter).

R

I cant work out if thats sarcasm,

Dont get me wrong I'm sure his a nice enough chap, but i just think his missing some of the personal skills to make a good PR guy. I understand its hard having to put up with arsy people everyday, but i think sometimes he takes things to heart to easily.

theirsbailiff said:
Jerome's hinting a Bakuman release

Kaze have the UK rights to that, so it'll certainly be coming from them via Manga.

theirsbailiff said:
we're still not getting that Panty & Stocking BD release unless the holdback is removed or something

Kadokawa have allegedly put a stop on any Blu-Ray releases of shows that they've licensed for this year (probably because of reverse importation fears) - hence Panty & Stocking, Strike Witches 2 and the like not getting a Blu-Ray release in the US either.

Yrag86 said:
I cant work out if thats sarcasm,

Haha, sorry, no, it's just my interpretation. I think he's so friendly and superficial that he gets carried away hobnobbing and forgets to actually give any worthwhile information about his product to those of us who just want facts. He does have a very dedicated following, somehow.

Completely agree that he is way too touchy, though, and I much prefer the less, erm, intense PR techniques other companies use.

R

Having only really met him once, he did seem ultra friendly and happy to talk about things. The extent to which people over-react to some of his stuff is a bit weird tbh.

ilmaestro said:
Having only really met him once, he did seem ultra friendly and happy to talk about things. The extent to which people over-react to some of his stuff is a bit weird tbh.
Can only work with what I'm given, and what I'm given is a dood who pathologically calls anyone who dares act outwith his grand design in the realm of consumption of japanese cartoons names and also wants to be viewed as both the under and over dog of anime simultaneously whilst doing nothing to improve his situation.

If you have seen him in person, Jerome is a really nice and friendly guy, I love the conversations I have with him when I get the chance to see him at an Expo or event.

I think it's just the restrictions and pressure his put under when he gets these anime licenses (If you discount popular titles like Naruto & Bleach). It must be hard working at MangaUK and I generally do want them to do well, no matter what.

With KazeUK behind them now, I think we will get to see more quality titles in the UK.

Back