Manga Entertainment need to take a chill pill

Paradox295 said:
ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
They're at it again, with more Twatter drama over this as far as I can tell. Hurt their feelings, apparently o_O
I have to be honest, my eyes were melting looking at that site so I couldn't read it properly, but wasn't that a fairly positive article?
I think they're pissed because it was a private thing, and they posted a public review.
Ahh, that makes a (small) bit of sense.

lol @ mangaman.

Shiroi Hane said:
FUNimation often does have the right to distribute to England and Ireland (and Wales and Scotland too), and they used to do so - remember Revelation?
(Looks at his uncompleted collections of Beck and Hell Girl) How could I forget? :roll:

Paradox295 said:
I think they're pissed because it was a private thing, and they posted a public review.

Who cares anyway? No-one even goes to that site.
Well, exactly. By publicly throwing their toys out of the pram on Twitter all they've done is direct more people to the article in question and made themselves look incredibly hyper-sensitive. If they had a problem with it they should have contacted the site privately.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Paradox295 said:

Who cares anyway? No-one even goes to that site.
Well, exactly. By publicly throwing their toys out of the pram on Twitter all they've done is direct more people to the article in question and made themselves look incredibly hyper-sensitive. If they had a problem with it they should have contacted the site privately.
Streisand Effect. Surely by now this should be common sense.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for them in spite of my lack of patience with their crazy Twitter rants at times ^^;

Wonder if they can do anything about a replacement scheme for the vocal minority of fans who have been screwed by this (I would wager most casual buyers wouldn't notice, but of course I can understand the mortification of those who do and have nice sound systems). I imagine there's a lot of angry buck-passing going on between the UK, Oz and US right now behind the scenes.

R

Rui said:
I would wager most casual buyers wouldn't notice
I would wager that a lot of the people who have "noticed" so far are the same people who moaned that they wouldn't buy the set anyway because of E8.

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
I would wager that a lot of the people who have "noticed" so far are the same people who moaned that they wouldn't buy the set anyway because of E8.
That's now their whole follower list, as they exploded.
It just started with me going "eh? I've been blocked", upon only getting RTs of the Strike Witches news.

I indeed wasn't buying it due to Endless Eight anyway, see second post on the thread about the audio issues.

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
Endless Eight does limit the value of that boxset, I'll give you that, but I would have bought it at the right (probably Amazon's) price.

The Mono issue, however, has thrown Manga into disrepute and, after Eva 2.2 (which was a perfectly fine release, I'm not saying that one was bad) I'll be thinking long and hard before I ever buy from them again.

At this point it's not even the fact that it's mono only, it's the fact that they were told and they did not listen.

That is not how you run a business and I think it's High Time that Manga learned that.

Jaymii said:
I've been told that one of the first signs of the apocalypse is when Conan is right...

Sorry to say that time has come.
You remember all that nonsense about the rapture? That was me bestowing TRUTH upon the masses. It's ok though, I fist bumped with Mister J and we cleared things up.

Jaymii said:
I've been told that one of the first signs of the apocalypse is when Conan is right...

I dunno, I'm fairly certain you could search back and find a post of his where he claimed he would never buy the set because of E8. ;)

ilmaestro said:
Jaymii said:

I dunno, I'm fairly certain you could search back and find a post of his where he claimed he would never buy the set because of E8. ;)
Nope, closest was me berating someone for buying the Japanese Boxset.

Oh the fall out of that particular truth telling episode.

But that's not for here.

Shoutouts to taking jokes seriously and then adding in weird comments to making it seem like that's not what you were doing.

I don't really have enough interest in whatever that means to read your late edit to your previous post and put myself in a position to provide an adequate response.

Back on the topic of manga and their PR. I totally didn't know that Fairy Tail has a UK Streaming option now (Through a "Pass through" with Funi, who I wasn't aware was streaming it themselves). I think if the dood wasn't concerned with waving his finger in the face of potential customers ("Don't watch Akira online illigaly! Please buy it from us...please?") I might have known about it sooner.

ilmaestro said:
I don't really have enough interest in whatever that means to read your late edit to your previous post and put myself in a position to provide an adequate response.
And I don't care much for your attempts at Character Assassination, I can assassinate my character on my own, thank you very much.

ConanThe3rd said:
Back on the topic of manga and their PR. I totally didn't know that Fairy Tail has a UK Streaming option now (Through a "Pass through" with Funi, who I wasn't aware was streaming it themselves). I think if the dood wasn't concerned with waving his finger in the face of potential customers ("Don't watch Akira online illigaly! Please buy it from us...please?") I might have known about it sooner.

ilmaestro said:
And I don't care much for your attempts at Character Assassination, I can assassinate my character on my own, thank you very much.

UK's had a pass to watch for about 2 years now. It's been on crunchyroll since it started, heck it was was one of the first licences of the new crunchyroll

Back