Manga Entertainment need to take a chill pill

Just Passing Through said:
ilmaestro said:
Welcome to the Space Show (Manga want this but bad)
How do you know this?

Jerome was tweeting his love for this, and desire to acquire a few months ago.
Eeeeenteresting, I am very much up for watching this, but didn't fancy laying out the $$$ for the Japanese release as I had literally no idea if it was any good at all. Would be very cool if Manga picked it up, even though I can see it bombing and leading to another Twittergate. Cheers!

I had a weird brainfreeze this morning, and realised that those were the tweets of an anime fan, not an industry professional...

If I had a penny for the number of times I've said, I'm boycotting company M because of their dubtitles, because of their lack of a signs only track, because they stopped a single volume release halfway through and went to boxset, because they dropped a series without finishing it...

I wouldn't have to worry about the recession.

I still buy from company M though.

I'd rather be an honest jerk than a lying nice guy.

The more horror stories we get about how awful it is to deal with anime companies, the better it makes our troops seem and how bad SOME companies (HI TOEI! STILL COCKBLOCKING MAH DRAGONBALL! NICE TO SEE!) truely are.

ilmaestro said:
ilmaestro said:
Welcome to the Space Show (Manga want this but bad)
How do you know this?

Jerome was tweeting his love for this, and desire to acquire a few months ago.
Eeeeenteresting, I am very much up for watching this, but didn't fancy laying out the $$$ for the Japanese release as I had literally no idea if it was any good at all. Would be very cool if Manga picked it up, even though I can see it bombing and leading to another Twittergate. Cheers!
Yep, it's good fun. I even got an autographed poster on its screening. I've spoke to Jerome about this and he did say he liked the movie back then.

butch-cassidy said:
Paradox295 said:
Yeah, probably Bandai.

Imo, let them get all pissed at Bandai. They always have Beez to release their stuff, right?

Sure but how often can we afford it? Gundam Unicorn anyone? :?
That wasn't Bandai Ent. (USA), that was Bandai Visual(Japan) and was at Japanese price as a result.

at least manga isn't with palm anymore releasing dvds in english only of old vhs shows from their back catalogue. Those were grim times

I still don't see a point of sub licensing when companies like funimation acquire rights to dub and distribute anime franchises it should have the rights to distribute over seas to England and Ireland as far as Manga entertainment I wouldve liked them to bring back their magazine scheme again reaching a broader audience that wouldve never seen films or shows like ROD or Akira before

Sean Alpha said:
I still don't see a point of sub licensing when companies like funimation acquire rights to dub and distribute anime franchises it should have the rights to distribute over seas to England and Ireland as far as Manga entertainment I wouldve liked them to bring back their magazine scheme again reaching a broader audience that wouldve never seen films or shows like ROD or Akira before
It would reach a broader audience if they stick with airing anime on Syfy if Akira does well.

The DVD's are cheaper without the magazine.

FUNimation often does have the right to distribute to England and Ireland (and Wales and Scotland too), and they used to do so - remember Revelation?

Sean Alpha said:
I still don't see a point of sub licensing when companies like funimation acquire rights to dub and distribute anime franchises it should have the rights to distribute over seas to England and Ireland
I've said before that there exists a perfect DVD region for English language releases. And here it is.

The problem? National governments within that area with different rules and regulations. Get rid of those, and the problem's solved (give me time, I'm working on it).

fabricatedlunatic said:
They're at it again, with more Twatter drama over this as far as I can tell. Hurt their feelings, apparently o_O

ah they much more calmer now

i miss the good old days when i had a war with them for having a download site with their material on where they kept threatening to send their lawyers at me.

Russian servers 1 - 0 Digital Economy Act

Ryo Chan said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
They're at it again, with more Twatter drama over this as far as I can tell. Hurt their feelings, apparently o_O

ah they much more calmer now

i miss the good old days when i had a war with them for having a download site with their material on where they kept threatening to send their lawyers at me.

Russian servers 1 - 0 Digital Economy Act
Haha! When was this?

fabricatedlunatic said:
I have to be honest, my eyes were melting looking at that site so I couldn't read it properly, but wasn't that a fairly positive article?

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I have to be honest, my eyes were melting looking at that site so I couldn't read it properly, but wasn't that a fairly positive article?

Positive article...no wonder Manga were upset - they can't have been doing their job properly, perhaps they need to push a few more release dates back :lol: .

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I think they're pissed because it was a private thing, and they posted a public review.

Who cares anyway? No-one even goes to that site.

Back