UK Anime Distributor Manga Entertainment Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Manga Entertainment Discussion Th

Smeelia said:
Aren't there problems with the US release of Penguindrum as well? I vaguely remember reading something about that, though maybe it was Blu-ray video issues or something.

Sentai's Blu-ray release ended up in 1080i which caused numerous video quality issues. The Siren Visual release is also 1080i but doesn't suffer from the dozen issues that Sentai had (not perfect but doable).

It's possible that Sentai could bring out a 1080p version for a complete collection if there ever was one made.

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Manga Entertainment Discussion Th

Smeelia said:
Aren't there problems with the US release of Penguindrum as well? I vaguely remember reading something about that, though maybe it was Blu-ray video issues or something.
Coming from personal experience don't bother with Sentai's release of Penguindrum - It's garbage. It from their strange period of 1080i releases, all of which looked complete and utter **** (well, more so than normal).

Can any body tell me what's the audio quality of the english dub in the
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 1 and Part 2 - Beginnings/Eternal Blu-ray?

The USA BD is the 768k lossy DTS in Movie 1-2.

If this blu-ray contains lossless English dub,I will buy it.

fch1993 said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 1 and Part 2 - Beginnings/Eternal Blu-ray?

It should be using the Madman master which also contains a lossy DTS track. If it helps, Rebellion has dual DTS-HD MA tracks. (Tri if you count the stereo JP track)

Mangaranga said:
fch1993 said:

It should be using the Madman master which also contains a lossy DTS track. If it helps, Rebellion has dual DTS-HD MA tracks. (Tri if you count the stereo JP track)

Thanks for your answer.

I just noticed on a post on the Manga UK page, someone asked about Fairy Tail, and Jerome replied "I don't believe we will be offered any more Fairy Tail for UK by the UK rights holder, Funimation. Speak to Anime Ltd. They are announcing a lot of Funimation stuff at the moment like Ping Pong and Gangsta. That's why we have no new Fairy Tail news for you." :S Wtf is going on over there.

Buzzkillington said:
I just noticed on a post on the Manga UK page, someone asked about Fairy Tail, and Jerome replied "I don't believe we will be offered any more Fairy Tail for UK by the UK rights holder, Funimation. Speak to Anime Ltd. They are announcing a lot of Funimation stuff at the moment like Ping Pong and Gangsta. That's why we have no new Fairy Tail news for you." :S Wtf is going on over there.

Got a link?

Don't bother, found it... :wink:

Wow. That is slightly worring. I mean first I heard they were having issues with Aniplex, now Funimation too? Not sounding great for Manga.

Insane get for Anime Ltd. if true, could prove disasterous for Manga UK though.

However, I was under the impression that Bandai Visual (distributors of Gangsta.) tended to split rights to shows, so that FUNimation couldn't get UK rights, and having worked there for a number of years, Andrew probably still has connections.

I very much doubt that Anime Ltd would pick up Fairy Tale. Doesn't really seem like their kind of thing. Although saying that, I wouldn't have expected them to pick up SOA either, so anything could happen. Is FT even that popular, sales wise? As far as Shounen goes, it always seems far less popular than it's ilk.

Jerome made it sound like Anime Ltd. had got into bed with FUNimation, and as a result they'd now get (or at least be offered) all the titles FUNimation has.

Of all the shows FUNimation has this season, that Anime Ltd. has publicly acknowledged they have, there is Gangsta. (repped by Bandai Visual, so possibly didn't come from FUNi), The Heroic Legend of Arslan (repped by NBCUni JP, so again probably didn't come from FUNi), Chaos Dragon, Blood Blockade Battlefront (which on Viewster, uses different in-show terminology to FUNi) and Castle Town Dandelion (probably came with Aoharu x Machinegun as a pair from TBS)

Until we see more information, I'd assume Anime Ltd. doesn't have a deal with FUNi. But, Fairy Tail is simulcasting on Viewster in the UK soon, so this could explain why...

Just Passing Through said:
Buzzkillington said:

Got a link?

Don't bother, found it... :wink:

Wow, just wow.

Holy crap, that's going to be a lot of unhappy Fairy Tail fans if that left being uncomplete. If Manga doesn't have any Funi stuff going ahead, what do they have?

Also, that means no Eva 3.33

I really hate the notion of series changing hands mid way, I like consistency with my sets :$ It would drive me up the wall.

qaiz said:
I really hate the notion of series changing hands mid way, I like consistency with my sets :$ It would drive me up the wall.
I'm very much in this boat, part of the reason why I'm glad I think SAO is complete garbage lol the difference in the quality of the releases would drive me mental.

qaiz said:

Manga has already dropped blu-ray releases of Fairy Tail, it's a bit late for consistency from them on that title...

Looks like the only Funi licenses Manga has coming out later this year are DBZ Resurrection F & Noragami. They've pushed back Noragami to a TBA date so who knows if that's still going to be released.

I doubt Anime Ltd will pick up Fairy Tail though, they haven't released anything over 20-30 ep shows yet and i don't think they'd want to a release a on-going show like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back