Manga Ent cancels further Blu-ray Fullmetal Alchemist B

I don't think 00 is exactly flying off the shelves either. I imported EotE for previously stated reasons of boycotting our stupid blu-ray region, but it's a shame it isn't a big hit. I feel the cute, shoujo-style cover is a little misleading though. It has a lot of potential appeal to the moviegoing, more casual anime fandom, but they probably aren't going to be drawn in by the [lovely] cover choice.

R

Rui said:
I feel the cute, shoujo-style cover is a little misleading though.

Well most of the sites with an anime database seem to classify it as Josei, so its not quite misleading.

I expect Manga's Blu-ray sales will see a sudden increase whenever HMV starts putting the Blu-rays with the rest of the anime instead mixed in with all the other films.

Jiindama said:
Rui said:

Well most of the sites with an anime database seem to classify it as Josei, so its not quite misleading.
Random guesswork though, really, given that it is an anime original show. noitaminA tends to run a lot of shows that are popular with women, sure, but it's a bit of a stretch for me, in this case, to say that it is anything more than "various" in terms of target demographic. Not to mention the difference between shoujo and josei in the first place.

ilmaestro said:
Jiindama said:
Rui said:

Random guesswork though, really, given that it is an anime original show. noitaminA tends to run a lot of shows that are popular with women, sure, but it's a bit of a stretch for me, in this case, to say that it is anything more than "various" in terms of target demographic. Not to mention the difference between shoujo and josei in the first place.

Oh, I'm fully aware that its a bit of guesswork. Especially with Eden of the East being such a mixed bag.

fabricatedlunatic said:
The commenter on the entry of that site says it is region locked. Argh. Will await your report, sir.

the comment was made Jan 03, 2011, and this was updated today right?

also I have never been so happy that this is true (I hope), I am so relieved I saw this page on axelmusic.

britguy said:
Hmm, the guys over on mania/AoDVD who have their copies have stated it is indeed locked and marked only with an "A".

How very odd.
Where does it say this, I don't see the thread being posted in in the aproprate forum (BD).
Found it eventualy, not tested yet but says A on packaging.
What it's marked with means nothing.
UK dvd releases are freequently marked region 2, very few are (normaly 2/4).

And so the flame of hope flickers and dies.

I'd be mildly annoyed if Funi decided to region lock Brotherhood from part 3 onwards at the behest of Manga, who then went on to cancel their release. So it's either a region A player or the customs-bait Madman version.

It's always baffled me how Australia's anime market is stronger than ours. We have double their population, as well as there being English speakers all over the continent, and yet our market seems to depend almost entirely on theirs. Unless Australia is like France or Italy, where anime has been on TV for decades, I just don't get it.

Madman also releases their DVDs in New Zealand, which has a fairly large of Asian people living there, so Anime is fairly popular over there. I'd say Anime and Manga are certainly more accepted there than they are in the UK. I didn't make it to Aus, so I don't really know what is going on there.

Back